Dress Rehearsal - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-02-2009, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well yesterday, my friend took me shopping so that I could get some walking in. Then we relaxed for a couple hours. We then walked until I started having some REALLY intense contractions. This went on for hours, so we had everybody at my house. Filled up my birth pool and everything. I never did dilate. After about 6 hours of this, everyone went home. It was so frustrating to have such intense contractions, but nothing else go on.

Comforts of Home Midwifery

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 01-02-2009, 04:48 PM

I couldn't read and not post . . . it must be a letdown to feel so close and not have things keep progressing.

But I have to say, as someone who has *nothing* going on labor-wise, intense contractions still sound like a great development to me How are you feeling today?

Mama to my sweet boy born 1/12/09
#3 of 8 Old 01-02-2009, 06:12 PM

Oh I know how you feel...Every couple days (for the last 4 weeks or so) I get a good round of really intense, quite painful (but not unbearable) ctx. No dilation whatsoever. They like to start when I'm walking, or when I lie down to go to sleep. With all the pressure I feel down below, you'd think at least SOMETHING was going on :

Mrs.Oz :, wife to Mr. Oz , mother to Boo : 2 years and Sissy 9 months.
: :
#4 of 8 Old 01-02-2009, 06:18 PM

I hope this means the real thing is just around the corner!
#5 of 8 Old 01-02-2009, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I totally understand you. DH and I have had quite a few rehearsals with this baby. It's such a tease, and can also be so draining (emotionally, etc.). But let's focus on how close we are and that we'll soon be meeting our babies.
#6 of 8 Old 01-03-2009, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambrosia77 View Post

I couldn't read and not post . . . it must be a letdown to feel so close and not have things keep progressing.

But I have to say, as someone who has *nothing* going on labor-wise, intense contractions still sound like a great development to me How are you feeling today?
I was having really intense back labor, so my friend was applying a lot of counterpressure. My back feels to bruised and sore from it and I have been exhausted. I did nothing but rest yesterday and plan on having a pretty light day today.

#7 of 8 Old 01-03-2009, 02:41 PM

You may want to spend lots of time today on your hands and knees or shoulders and knees today and let the baby reposition. Often with start stop labor and back pain, it is because baby is posterior.

Check out http://spinningbabies.simplwebsite.com/ .

Courtney wife to geek.gif and mom to 4 boys: chicken3.gif   . I need caffix.gif !
They're not typos. . . I can't spell!
#8 of 8 Old 01-03-2009, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdahlgrd View Post
You may want to spend lots of time today on your hands and knees or shoulders and knees today and let the baby reposition. Often with start stop labor and back pain, it is because baby is posterior.

Check out http://spinningbabies.simplwebsite.com/ .
You are totally right. That is why I have spent almost my whole pregnancy on hands and knees. I even tried Diaphragmatic Release which I found on another board on MDC. That hurt so bad, I could only do it for 10 out of the 45 minutes recommended.
I think that the baby finally did turn sometime that night. I was doing a lot of bending over during ctx or on my hands and knees. Eventually the counterpressure started hurting instead of helping, so that may be when it happened. It still feels pretty anterior to me now.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page