If you had $50 to spend on Amazon... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-03-2009, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...what would you buy?

My in-laws just gave me a generous $50 gift certificate for Amazon for my birthday, which is tomorrow. (Here's to hoping for a baby for my birthday! )

I'm trying to think of something to get that I wouldn't otherwise splurge on, seeing as it is a gift. Our baby needs are met (I think), but I'm not opposed to getting a baby want that I can enjoy with my new little one - who is our first. Or, maybe something nice for myself for post-partum?

I just can't think of anything! I have a Moby Wrap and a Hotsling and a Goodmama hanging pail. We have a bouncer, swing, carseat, crib, etc. covered. I'm planning to belly-bind post-partum, but I got ACE bandages for that and don't really care to spend a bunch on a fancier belly binder/girdle.

So, any cool ideas? Obviously our tastes might be different, but feel free to share what would appeal to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 01-03-2009, 02:10 AM

I'd get pajamas for *me* - this is what I tried on and will be formally requesting to anyone who will listen to me: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...ajamas&x=0&y=0

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#3 of 8 Old 01-03-2009, 08:32 AM

That is the best present ever!! I keep an Amazon wish list updated all year round. At Christmas time my in-laws always ask what we want and we point them to the lists. Unfortunately they like to buy crap from Wal-Mart more, but I can alway dream.

Amazon sells everything. How about shoes? Oh! I bought this cool light from Amazon that seemed totally frivolous but I think it will turn out to be a total requirement now it's called a TykeLight I plan to use it to help me change diapers and switch sides breastfeeding in bed without waking up the whole family.

belly.gif to  jumpers.giflol.gif wonderful people with  baby.gif on the way!

#4 of 8 Old 01-03-2009, 12:32 PM

Im not sure what amazon has(for some strange reason they wont deliever to us??? amazon canada either...meh!)

I would buy like pp said, a nice pair of pjs....or a nice nursing shirt/bra something useful but fun for yourself(i was REALLY hoping my mil would get me a nursing shirt for xmas, no such luck, but she did buy me new pjs!!)

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
#5 of 8 Old 01-03-2009, 12:58 PM

what about a baby book?? I have a huge collection of pregnancy, baby, BF books, but there are a bunch I'd still love to get. DH & I shared a $50 amazon gift card we got for Christmas and we each bought a book (I got the No Cry Sleep Solution, he got a farming book!) and I bought a nice new BPA free water bottle with a straw to use while nursing.
#6 of 8 Old 01-03-2009, 01:42 PM

A big Kleen Kanteen for ice water for you- and a Kleen Kanteen sippy for the baby for later. DD suggests the orange sippy.

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#7 of 8 Old 01-03-2009, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

These are all awesome ideas!!! Thank you guys for sharing.

inthezoo - have you actually tried out your TykeLight yet? Is it bright enough for diapers/BFing? I've been intending to pick up some kind of light for exactly the same purposes, and it looks like that little guy would be perfect if it gives off enough light.

iowaorganic
- tell your DD thank you for the recommendation! I haven't seen the Kleen Kanteen sippies before - those are way cool.
#8 of 8 Old 01-04-2009, 04:34 AM

I might buy some Bliss Spa lotion and body scrub. I love the lemon sage body butter. Likewise, nice baby skin care products would be great. We bought our son the Petite Chevre lotion and body wash for Christmas and I LOVE smelling him after bathtime - he's sleeping on my chest right new and he smells so good.

Or maybe some sweet baby clothes that I otherwise wouldn't buy.

Or books. I like to sew and I've had a few Amy Butler books on my amazon list. Her book about sewing for babies is awesome.

Do you like to exercise? We just got a fun Bollywood Dance workout DVD on amazon...great workout and good fun.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page