Is it possible to PULL your tummy muscles frm contractions? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-03-2009, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I've been having HARD contractions for over 3 weeks now, off and on FULL contractions, they come about every 7 min when I have them and last anywhere frm an hour to over 8 hours. Its been horrible....

and besides that, I know have an insane feeling that my stomach muscles have been pulled. It feels like when you p/u something the wrong way, and get a pulled muscle, its making it hard to breath!...is this some weird pregnancy thing that I didn't experience w ds or could it actually be a pulled muscle

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-03-2009, 07:40 PM

I think you could, anything is possible especially with ctx over 3 weeks!!

I'm keeping you in my thoughts hoping for your little one to make a debut soon (but not too soon!!)

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#3 of 5 Old 01-03-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caiesmommy View Post
So I've been having HARD contractions for over 3 weeks now, off and on FULL contractions, they come about every 7 min when I have them and last anywhere frm an hour to over 8 hours. Its been horrible....

and besides that, I know have an insane feeling that my stomach muscles have been pulled. It feels like when you p/u something the wrong way, and get a pulled muscle, its making it hard to breath!...is this some weird pregnancy thing that I didn't experience w ds or could it actually be a pulled muscle
I have the same problem, actually some of my muscles even tore! : I've been dealing with them for over a month now. I've been having contracting for months, I was put on bedrest for 2.5 mos until 37 weeks. After that the contractions died down - now I'm 41+2 wks! So my uterus muscles are tired and sore. I told MW yesterday my stomach feels like I've done 1000 situps w/o the benefits of the pain! No tight tummy and no baby yet - it's not fair!!

I use my heating pad on the area when it gets bad and that seems to help, though sometimes I have to sit there for quite awhile waiting for them all to relax. Contracting while doing that makes things a little tougher.

Hang in, mama. Try not to do much lifting or using the muscles for a few days and they'll get better. If you do lift something be very careful. MY DDs all know if they need hugs, etc, they need to come to me and/or climb on a chair so I don't have to lift them.
You're not alone!!
#4 of 5 Old 01-03-2009, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Thats pretty much EXACTLY what happened to me..Ive been contracting forever! Bedrest FOREVER!...tell me I wont be preggers past 28 weeks...IM 39 WEEKS NOW!!!! my poor tummy is sooo sore!

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
#5 of 5 Old 01-03-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caiesmommy View Post
tell me I wont be preggers past 28 weeks...IM 39 WEEKS NOW!!!!
yeah, what's up with that?? i was supposed to "prepare for an early arrival," too. nearly 38 weeks now... not that i'm complaining! i'd rather she had all the time she needs, but think of all the stressing out for no reason.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page