Mothering Forum banner

Guess your date...early, late?

2K views 49 replies 25 participants last post by  skmama 
#1 ·
While we're waiting around, most of us anxious as can be, I wondered if you'd like to play a game with me?

Guess if your little one will be born:
early
within 2 days of your EDD
or late

Tell me what your EDD is too.

I'll keep a list going through the month and we'll see who's right.

"Early"

mamasthree (1/8)
(born 1/4)
:
rockportmidwife (1/10)...(born 1/8)
:
katmann (1/10)...(born 1/12)
:
riaketty (1/11)
(born 1/6)
:
homeschoolingmama (1/15)
(born 1/7)
:
Mrs.Oz (1/18) (born 1/17)
:
mommyfied (1/18) (born 1/18)
:
racidoodle (1/19)
(born 1/11)
:
MeadowAndColtsMama (1/28)
(born 1/22)
:
Kimmiepie (1/30)...still waiting?
Jannah6 (2/7)
(born 1/20)
:

Within 2 Days of EDD

rachel616 (1/8)
(born 1/9)
:
laurelg (1/10)
(born 1/10)
:
jr'smom (1/14) (born 1/24)
:
delighted.mama...still waiting?

"Late"

caiesmommy (1/9)...(born 1/7)
:
scsigrl (1/10)...(born 1/8)
:
box of rain (1/10)
(born 1/20)
:
andbabymakes4 (1/24)
(born 2/6)
:
RunnerMommy (1/24)
...still waiting?
mojobot2000 (1/27) (born 1/26)
:
skmama (1/27)
(born 2/3)
:
Elijahs Momma (1/29)
(born 1/25)
:

See less See more
#27 ·
Fun post. I am going to guess within 2 days of EDD. At least that is what I am hoping for! I have so much I need to finish, both at work, at home (construction projects) and with the baby stuff (need to get it organized!)

So, I'm really hoping this little guy comes close to the due date!

Libby

#28 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by delighted.mama View Post
Fun post. I am going to guess within 2 days of EDD. At least that is what I am hoping for! I have so much I need to finish, both at work, at home (construction projects) and with the baby stuff (need to get it organized!)

So, I'm really hoping this little guy comes close to the due date!

Libby
When is your EDD?

I know what you mean about having so much more to do! Good luck to you! I've gotten a lot done and at this point would just rather have the baby than finish the rest! I'm too exhausted anyway!

#29 ·
I will guess that I'll be late. My due date is 1/27. My menstrual cycle was very irregular before I got pregnant, going anywhere from 30 to 40 days. And, my baby at week 37 is small according to u/s (which really doesn't mean anything, I know). This is why I think I might be delivering late.

updated 1/29 - Unless I deliver today, chances are I am right in my guess about being late. Trying all sorts of natural induction tricks and waiting!!!

#30 ·
I've had a feeling this one will be early but really didn't want to commit to it and jinx myself like last time. What's weird is that ever since I found out I was due in January, the 10th has kind of been in the back of my mind like a little nagging thought that won't go away. Oddly, I've had some early labor symptoms the last two days (but who puts stock in those after so many rounds of start-stop ctx?) and as of today have felt really ready for her to arrive. Up til this point, every time ctx would start, part of me was thinking "oh no, not yet" due to having to care for DS and a DH who is battling depression. I've felt really overwhelmed up until today...somehow it seems ok now. So, I'm going to go with the 10th, even though it's tomorrow. If it's not tomorrow, I haven't a clue. Due on the 18th, FWIW.

#31 ·
Any more guessers or updates I missed?

I'm bored here, waiting for this baby! Tomorrow enters my timeframe for me to be right with my guess. Although I figure I'm more likely to be 2 days late than two days early. Please, God, not more than 2 days late!

I'm tempted to put this guy--
--by the guesses that are wrong--but sure don't want anyone to get offended, so I won't.

Or what would be better?
for the people who guessed "early" but weren't?

for the people who guessed "late" but were early?

These are just my feelings! But not everone has the same sense of humor. I won't put any silly faces next to wrong guesses unless you post on here and tell me which face you want!

I'm totally putting...
: or at least
by mine if I'm later than I expect!

#37 ·
Well my EDD is 1/24 and still no signs of labor of any sort so I'm guessing "late". Plus my first was late, so I expected to be late this time anyway. Just hoping it's not more than 2 extra weeks of waiting- I am getting too excited to meet this little one!

#49 ·
I think this is finally updated for those of you who were/are following along.

Remember I am sleep deprived and distracted so let me know if anything needs to be corrected or if I missed a birth announcement!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.