Has anyone just given up? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 01-03-2009, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A few days ago I was so anxious and we were trying every induction method known to man and I was obsessive about getting this baby out.

I've found that yesterday and today, I just don't care. I've given up on trying to get her out. I just kinda sit around waiting.

I seem to remember doing this with DD... and then her coming out, like, the next day, haha. Anyone else feel the same way?
#2 of 20 Old 01-03-2009, 05:16 PM

That could so be pre-labor!
#3 of 20 Old 01-03-2009, 05:19 PM

I am due in Jan. Really thought I wanted this baby out before new-year, then my daughter got pinworms and our friends have the flu and the whole town has a cold. I think I will keep her in for an extra month until there are less cooties around here!
#4 of 20 Old 01-03-2009, 06:25 PM

Kind of... I'm still taking everything the MW wants me to, and did pick up pineapple at the store... but I sort of "resigned" last night and started mentally preparing to go to work on Monday... I have been really really dreading it because the shutdown for the holidays has really helped me... but I kind of said when she comes she comes... but at the same time am praying to God and talking to her with each twinge I feel that this is it. lol

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#5 of 20 Old 01-03-2009, 08:25 PM

Given up on what? What baby? What are you talking about? Look, if I want to carry my beach ball under my sweatshirt, that's my business.

Nope, no babies around here. No siree bob.

(...she said, while washing down a mouthful of EPO pills with RRL tea...)
#6 of 20 Old 01-03-2009, 08:42 PM

I am pretty sure I am heading back to work on Monday, too-and I was due 12/29. I just don't want to start my leave yet so I'll hang around, I guess. And I started the EPO yesterday. any day now...

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#7 of 20 Old 01-03-2009, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leerypolyp View Post
Given up on what? What baby? What are you talking about? Look, if I want to carry my beach ball under my sweatshirt, that's my business.

I'm sorry, but your post literally made me LOL!
#8 of 20 Old 01-03-2009, 09:22 PM

I haven't become obsessed with the induction techniques.....Mentally, I have prepared myself to not give birth until the end of the month (due date is next Sunday...) When it starts getting to be 42 weeks, then I'll freak out.....but who knows, she could come anytime now. I've worked my 1 day that I absolutely had to to get my medical benefits, so I'm ready.

Kathy Soup
Loving wife to an amazing SAHD : Mommy to Aviendha 01/19/09
#9 of 20 Old 01-03-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leerypolyp View Post

OK so there goes my RRLT all over my keyboard, lol!

Just recently I got so tired of all the messages (computer, phone, etc) that I changed my away messages to "Jonathan is here, we've hidden him in the closet. I'm just wearing this prosthetic belly to screw with you:" I didn't get ONE call that day, lol!

A lot of us from the Dec DDC can totally relate. Being overdue (most of us are 41 wks or more) - we're soooo done! Some days we're more "done" than others.
#10 of 20 Old 01-03-2009, 10:38 PM

Having to face work again is really what's doing it for me. I am totally in that place that I'm just given up. I'm assuming all the contractions are going nowhere (just like they have for the last two weeks) and it'll be weeks and weeks yet. *sigh*
#11 of 20 Old 01-04-2009, 12:18 AM

We had false alarm #2 this evening at the hospital, and my midwife was nice enough to give us an emergency birth kit, complete with two cord clamps, a bulb suction, receiving blanket, etc. I think they're sick of seeing me there!

So now I'm just going to pretend that all of these contractions and shooting pains and etc. mean nothing until there's a head between my legs.

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#12 of 20 Old 01-04-2009, 10:31 AM

I feel like I have given up..... but then I take it back again... I'm so tired of people saying "you are still pregnant, or "no baby yet"..... ugggg that is so maddening...So I'm thinking of just hiding out until the baby comes.... I'm trying to be patient but it's so hard with this one for some reason... It will happen when it's time.... I feel so bored trying to keep myself busy waiting... So, today again I will go through and clean things up so just in case everything will be ready....

:
#13 of 20 Old 01-04-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKJNH View Post
Just recently I got so tired of all the messages (computer, phone, etc) that I changed my away messages to "Jonathan is here, we've hidden him in the closet. I'm just wearing this prosthetic belly to screw with you:" I didn't get ONE call that day, lol!
Heh. Good idea, though!

Yeah, coming up on 41 weeks on Tuesday. La la la la. I can't hear you!
#14 of 20 Old 01-04-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSoup View Post
I haven't become obsessed with the induction techniques.....Mentally, I have prepared myself to not give birth until the end of the month (due date is next Sunday...) When it starts getting to be 42 weeks, then I'll freak out.....but who knows, she could come anytime now. I've worked my 1 day that I absolutely had to to get my medical benefits, so I'm ready.
Yeah -so glad you made your benefit deadline.

I was a little antsy hoping for a December birth, but now that it is Jan already I am just waiting. Not trying to induce by any means, but I am getting tired of weekly appointments to simply be weighed and measured.

chicken3.gif Christian SAHM to DS 3/04, DS 1/06, and DD 1/09 and expecting a new little one in May 2012 selectivevax.gif  nocirc.gif 

#15 of 20 Old 01-04-2009, 07:53 PM

I'm not even to my due date yet and I'm losing it. DS was a 35 week baby, so I spent so much time praying and worrying that this baby wouldn't come that early, that now that I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow I feel like it's FOREVER. We were really hoping for a December baby, so now every day that goes by in January is a little depressing. lol DH's off Sun, Mon, Tues and keeps telling me he doesn't wanna have to go back to work on Wednesday. lol As if I can do something about it. We did have sex, and I've been trying to walk quite a bit, but I'm also somewhat nervous about the position of the baby, so at this point maybe longer is better.

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
#16 of 20 Old 01-04-2009, 09:03 PM

I'm 42 weeks today and have now settled with the fact that I have to go to work tomorrow, past when most deliver and past when most are induced. I'm stating to feel a little crazy and I have to keep reminding myself that this baby is going to come. It doesn't help that everything I read (except for MDC posts) mentions how it's normal for first time moms to go past their due date. This is my THIRD baby! And it bothers me that I haven't heard from my midwife in over a week. She sent cohoshes on Tuesday which I took and which didn't work, but the last time I spoke to her was last Saturday (41 weeks).

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#17 of 20 Old 01-05-2009, 10:13 AM

I am 41w1d today. I have tried everything...accupuncture, accupressure, moxibustion, massage, sex, spicy food, pineapple daily, EPO, RLT. The only thing that seems to give me contractions is nipple stimulation, but they never last. I guess my body and baby aren't ready. Oh well...
#18 of 20 Old 01-05-2009, 11:45 AM

I've given up! I haven't really been using natural induction methods, but I told myself I wouldn't until after my due date - which is tomorrow. I've been having contractions every single night - last night they were regular enough that I had to go for a walk at 11:30pm to see if they wold calm down, and if they didn't I was going to get excited about it being the real thing. They calmed down.

And, everyone I know is calling me to see if I had the baby yet - as if I wouldn't call them!!!! Ugh...come on baby....its time to come out!! I just keep telling myself "my baby and my body know best, my baby and my body know best...."
#19 of 20 Old 01-07-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyra View Post
And, everyone I know is calling me to see if I had the baby yet - as if I wouldn't call them!!!! Ugh...come on baby....its time to come out!! I just keep telling myself "my baby and my body know best, my baby and my body know best...."
That's happening to me, too!! My best friend text'd me today with "No labor yet?" Um...yeah, sorry, had the baby and just decided not to tell anybody. And bless my poor MIL's heart, but I can't even call her anymore without her getting excited. (Both MIL and best friend are going to be at the birth).

I still can't believe I feel like giving up already and I'm only 38/2! I went and saw a friend who's a midwife the other night to make sure baby was head's down (because I couldn't tell) and as she's feeling around she just gives me this look and is like "You know this baby is huge, right?" She said it's easily 8 1/2 lbs already and so far engaged that she couldn't even FIND the head - the shoulder was all she could find above my public bone. I feel like I have a giant bowling ball between my legs, AND we think the hand is by the head because something is constantly hitting/pinching my cervix. I want this baby out now!! I've started pumping (had supply issues that nobody could explain with DS and had to supplement with formula the entire time) in hopes it'll help with my milk AND that the stimulation will help bring on labor. I tried eating pineapple yesterday but it was so acidic I thought my tongue was going to melt away. I've doing EPO both orally and an insert at night. PLEASE come out!!!! I'm afraid the newborn diapers I worked so hard on for so many months are going to be useless by the time I have this giant baby.

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
#20 of 20 Old 01-07-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonprysm View Post
That's happening to me, too!! My best friend text'd me today with "No labor yet?" Um...yeah, sorry, had the baby and just decided not to tell anybody. And bless my poor MIL's heart, but I can't even call her anymore without her getting excited. (Both MIL and best friend are going to be at the birth).
Oh yeah, my friends aren't the only ones calling! My boyfriends family calls everyday - and its not like one of them calls and then relays the message, its that every. single. one. calls. twice. Thats like 10 phone calls! He has 2 sisters and a brother, and his parents are divorced, so he gets calls from them constantly asking if I'm in labor, are we at the birthing center, when is the baby going to come....blah blah blah.... And anytime we call anyone the first thing they say - before hello even! is - are you in labor? was the baby born? UGH...as if I'm not ready enough all of your questions are annoying! It really doesn't help that my boyfriend and all of his siblings were at least 2 weeks early - so his family doesn't even realize that going to your EDD is normal and expected - so yesterday they were all freaking out and asking when I was going to be induced (yesterday was my EDD), but my midwife won't even talk induction before 42 weeks unless NST's and BPP's are failed. Ugh...to think I could have 2 more weeks of this nonsense, actually more b/c I won't be able to induce until the weekend after 42 weeks b/c school starts that week. I REALLY don't want to start the semester pregnant!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page