Anyone hoping for a certain day? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 01-03-2009, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since my grandma passed two years ago I've known I'd name my girl after her if I had one. Tomorrow would be my grandma's birthday, and I'm really hoping DD decides to show up Only 38 weeks, but I can still hope!

Considering DS was born on DH's grandma's birthday, it's only fair, right?

Anyone else hoping for a specific day? My only other alternative is my birthday, but that puts her almost 2 weeks late, so, no thanks!

Mrs.Oz :, wife to Mr. Oz , mother to Boo : 2 years and Sissy 9 months.
: :
#2 of 13 Old 01-03-2009, 10:56 PM

My due date is 1/10 - my birthday is today and I'm pretty confident I'm not having a baby today. My grandma's birthday is 1/12, though, and it would be kinda cool to have the baby share hers!
#3 of 13 Old 01-03-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurelg View Post
My due date is 1/10 - my birthday is today and I'm pretty confident I'm not having a baby today. My grandma's birthday is 1/12, though, and it would be kinda cool to have the baby share hers!
:

SAHM to DS Jan09, DD Mar11. lactivist.gifintactivist.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpguc.jpgwinner.jpggd.gifcaffix.gif

#4 of 13 Old 01-03-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Oz View Post
Anyone else hoping for a specific day?
1/11 would be a cool day for a birthday, and 11 has kind of been my number lately. My lucky number is 8, so 1/8 (also my EDD) would be nice. 1/9/9 is kind of catchy. As you can see, there's nothing meaningful about these, they're just neat!

Actually, it's a full moon the night of the 10th, so that would be cool.

So, I guess I'm hoping for the 8th, 9th, 10th or 11th (or, you know, any day before then!). After the 11th, well, this will be me: :

SAHM to DS Jan09, DD Mar11. lactivist.gifintactivist.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpguc.jpgwinner.jpggd.gifcaffix.gif

#5 of 13 Old 01-04-2009, 01:15 AM

I really wanted the 11th too, my dd was born on 2/11 and I thought 1 month exactly between their bdays.
#6 of 13 Old 01-04-2009, 05:35 AM

Funny, my EDD is the 11th, too, and with my son it was 11/11, so that was my first "clue" that I was pregnant this time, only moments after DTD and before I even knew I'd ovulated! Astrologically, I'm hoping for Monday the 5th or Saturday the 10th, but my "11" baby would be nice, too!
#7 of 13 Old 01-04-2009, 08:59 AM

Id like this week, although today is my birthday, and Thursday is DHs (as well as it was my moms, and my grandmother died on the 8th as well, so I'd prefer NOT that day) but in the next 3 days would be great! or the 12th, the due date. DD is the 17th, I don't want that day, nor to wait that long! LOL

mom to Reaghan born underwater into midwife's hands 1/17/07 & Myra born surrounded by doulas and midwife at home 1/12/09. Birth Educator, and Photographer, Baby #3 Coming May 2013!

#8 of 13 Old 01-04-2009, 10:57 AM

Today would be good. We have an ice storm moving in tonight, and another moving in on Wednesday. On the other hand we have family or friend birthdays on 1/2, 1/4, 1/7, 1/10, 1/11, 1/14, 1/17, 1/18, 1/21, and 1/28. My brother and I are are 1/7 and 1/14. Exactly a week apart, and the same age for that week. I am technically due on 1/11, so that would be my cousins birthday. Today is my uncle's. i have given up on trying to miss other people's birthdays, and everyone else has said they would be thrilled to share their birthday with baby.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#9 of 13 Old 01-04-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel616 View Post

So, I guess I'm hoping for the 8th, 9th, 10th or 11th (or, you know, any day before then!). After the 11th, well, this will be me: :
Ha! Me too! But add the 4th, 5th, and 6th! I won't get : until the 14th (my EDD.) In other words ASAP!

Actually, I can't decide if I want her to share my birthday (1/14) or have her own. I guess it would be kind of neat to share our birthday, or have her born at least a week away from it. Oh God, please not a week after!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#10 of 13 Old 01-04-2009, 03:01 PM

I would have loved yesterday because I was 38+6, and DD was born at 38+6... But I didn't get it.

Any day but the 9th... I have a school test!
#11 of 13 Old 01-04-2009, 04:06 PM

Today would be GREAT! Not just because my body feels ready and because I dont want to go to work tomorrow... but because today is my MIL's birthday. And this little one (if she is actually a girl) will be named after her. So how cool would that be? To share a birthday with your namesake?!?
If not today, I dont really care when. It would be cool to go on my EDD. Its 1/23 and 23 is kind of like DH and my "lucky number" in a corny cheesy sort of way. So I guess she will come when shes ready but it would be cool.
#12 of 13 Old 01-04-2009, 07:39 PM

I'm due the 16th, so, if I was to go overdue, the 20th (Obama day!) would be kind of cool! DH said I need to go online and order a little Obama onsier, just in case, or - if she's born already she can just wear it on that day to celebrate!

Other than that, the full moon would be great! Back when I was TTC I used to ovulate on the full moon every month, so I wonder if my body is still in sync at all. They are predicting a huge snowstorm this weekend, so that would be just my luck - to go into labor during a huge blizzard and here we are, 45 min from the hospital on a good day!
#13 of 13 Old 01-05-2009, 11:48 AM

Shooting for the 10th here.

Anytime before the 25th would be wonderful, as it is my youngest's b'day. BUT if I have to go to the 25th I am hoping for that night.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page