I am a whale (weight gain woes) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-05-2009, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so sick of being huge. I weighed myself this morning and have actually gained 8 pounds in 5 days. : : : EIGHT! I'm not swelling or retaining water either. I think I'm just eating too much. So now I've gained 52 pounds overall. I'm tall, but still. I can't take it! I'm enormous! If this baby stays in much longer, I'm scared how big both of us will end up!

SAHM to DS Jan09, DD Mar11. lactivist.gifintactivist.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpguc.jpgwinner.jpggd.gifcaffix.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 01-05-2009, 02:52 PM

I'm right there with you sister! I'm 40 wks today and have gained over 46 pounds. Mine is not water retention either. I just hope I lose this weight easily. I totally feel like a whale!
#3 of 10 Old 01-05-2009, 11:23 PM

i think i'm in that ballpark, too. i won't let them tell me. today, the m/w said, "you've had a bit of a weight gain this week, but that's to be expected." well, i didn't expect it. i'm not swollen, i hardly have room to eat, and the LO sure didn't gain more than a few ounces. oh well. it comes off. i just keep reminding myself: it comes off.
#4 of 10 Old 01-05-2009, 11:27 PM

I hear you. I gained 33 pounds with my first pregnancy and I am already at 43 this time around. I am just under 5 foot 5 inches, so not particularly tall...I hope breastfeeding works as well for me as it did last time. By the time my first ds was eight months old, I was less than my pre-pregnancy weight without any dieting. Yeah for breastfeeding! :

Enjoying the journey into natural family living with my two sons and husband.
#5 of 10 Old 01-06-2009, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniet View Post
I hope breastfeeding works as well for me as it did last time. By the time my first ds was eight months old, I was less than my pre-pregnancy weight without any dieting. Yeah for breastfeeding! :
OMG, that is soooo encouraging! I hope that's how it works for me too! I was just looking at my wedding pics (which would be 60 pounds ago) and whimpering. So vain, right?

SAHM to DS Jan09, DD Mar11. lactivist.gifintactivist.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpguc.jpgwinner.jpggd.gifcaffix.gif

#6 of 10 Old 01-06-2009, 12:28 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel616 View Post
OMG, that is soooo encouraging! I hope that's how it works for me too! I was just looking at my wedding pics (which would be 60 pounds ago) and whimpering. So vain, right?
Hang in there! I gained a LOT with DS and was down 40 lbs. before my 6 week visit! I credit it to the breastfeeding
#7 of 10 Old 01-06-2009, 01:54 PM

At 38 weeks, I'm up about 45 pounds, despite careful eating and actually quite a bit of exercise in recent weeks. I hate it, but I'm also not too worried-- I'm another one who can attest to the almost-miraculous bf'ing weight loss that can happen. I lost all my baby weight last time, and then some, just by nursing, no effort or dieting required-- I think within 6 months.
#8 of 10 Old 01-06-2009, 03:47 PM

I have gained 45 pounds...around the same I gained with my other two boys. With my first I gained about 30 pounds...she was a girl...born at about 36.5 weeks gestation. With breastfeeding, I lost all the pregnancy weight plus more...and honestly more than I should have...by 10 months postpartum I was 10 pounds under idle weight and did not look healthy....I wasn't trying to loose weight. However, with my boys the weight did not go off as quickly (I breastfed both) and I credit that to eating more frequently and remembering I need to nourish myself, as well as my babies. I believe that the more children you have the longer amount of time it takes to take the weight off, even with breastfeeding.

Christine (wife, mom, doula for 8 years, and midwifery student)
DD12, DS10, DS7, DS4.5, DS2.5, & #6, a boy, due mid-Sept. plan 5th home waterbirth

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36** stork-boy.gif 40**
#9 of 10 Old 01-07-2009, 12:19 PM

Well I bit the bullet, got on the scale today at at 37w4d I've gained 47lbs. Wonderful. I think my fast food habit has got to go. I gained 70lbs with my first and I know how hard it was to lose that weight. It did not just come right off for me with breastfeeding. I wish.
#10 of 10 Old 01-07-2009, 01:05 PM

If it's any consolation to you mamas, I had my 38 week appt. yesterday and the tech who weighed me actually said "whoa!" when she saw my weight on the scale

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt as I'm tall and even I wouldn't guess that I weigh what it says I weigh, but seriously...learn a little tact?

Mrs.Oz :, wife to Mr. Oz , mother to Boo : 2 years and Sissy 9 months.
: :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page