great 40+5 appointment. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-05-2009, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I really think I'm more like 40+2, but my office has me down as 40+5 since they go by LMP. In any case, the midwife was very cool and said they probably wouldn't mention induction for another week, though they want to do a BPP on Thursday to check the baby.

The practice overall seems rather conservative, but some of the midwives (2 of the 6) are pretty darn cool. This midwife only did the NST for about 5 mintues (rather than the full 20) and she said she happens to be on a four-in-a-row streak of non-epidural/pain med births. This is really amazing since the hospital that I'm delivering at only has a 2% non-epidural rate overall!! She said her rate is more like 20%. Unfortunately, it's just a crap-shot who you get in the hospital -- they rotate and you get who you get.

Anyway. I was pleasantly surprised at the visit. I feel too upbeat to go into labor now though. Perhaps I need them to threaten induction??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2009, 09:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay for a happy doctor appointment!! And hey, being upbeat for labor would be a happy thing!! lol. Good luck with a drug free birth!!

Kathy Soup
Loving wife to an amazing SAHD : Mommy to Aviendha 01/19/09

User Tag List