Hormonal closer to EDD? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-06-2009, 12:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else feel "hormonal" the closer the date gets? I feel like I am in the throes of PMS and it worries me- is this normal? Such as: feelings of sadness when nursing DC#2 (only get this depressed feeling while nursing in the beginning 2 months usually), also having increased BO, irritability (goes without saying , other things I can't think of now. Chills and inability to get rid of this month long cold virus completely. I'm due in a week.
Any thoughts? Are there hormonal changes at the end? (I googled and couldn't really find anything)
#2 of 7 Old 01-06-2009, 12:57 AM

I believe that hormones are messed throughout pregnancy,but the last month is just a killer..your tired, big, clutzy, stressed, impatient, and EVERYONE sucks..well except you!...my dh says he can't wait for me to get out of the mental house....I admit it, im hormonal, anyone who says that its "wrong" can kiss my hormonal pregnant butt LOL...I have to say, I have noticed that I am WAY more hormonal the end of this pregnancy then w ds(2), gotta love the added stress of chasing after other kids on top of being preggers

I think your hormones are totally normal! DONT STRESS! You'll be yourself again! SOMEDAY LOL!

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
#3 of 7 Old 01-06-2009, 05:50 AM

I am! I feel like all I've done is nag at DH over things, since we're planning a homebirth I can't seem to let the clutter go that I used to. I too feel like I did with PMS, just short fused. Combine that with pain and being tired and huge, well.....

I've been a crier at night though, each night, DD and DH and I lay down together till she falls asleep, then DH takes her to her bed for the night. Well, its been hard,holding her, stroking her hair, and not somehow mourning the loss of life as we know it. While I'm excited for the new little one, I'm also scared about having 2, and sad that our little life as a family of 3 is coming to an end. Does that sounds strange? I'm trying to soak up every minute of our time together before everything changes again. Changes for the good, but I guess knowing that there will be a few challenging weeks/months ahead has me sad for her. At just about 2 will she be able to understand? Will she be hurt? Will DH know how to comfort her when I'm holding a nursing newborn? All the normal stuff, but all the sudden here at the end, even as I type now, I've got the water works going.

mom to Reaghan born underwater into midwife's hands 1/17/07 & Myra born surrounded by doulas and midwife at home 1/12/09. Birth Educator, and Photographer, Baby #3 Coming May 2013!

#4 of 7 Old 01-06-2009, 11:24 AM

I am soooo hormonal!!! I am on the warpath for no good reason. EVERY little thing just drives me crazy. :

The sad things is that I know I am being irrational and can't stop. Poor Dh and kids.
#5 of 7 Old 01-06-2009, 01:47 PM

I'm glad I am not alone in this feeling (in the "yay I'm not crazy" way, not the "I'm glad you're suffering too way"). I have been going through heavy waves of depression over the past couple of days.

My husband was trying to convince me that it is a good sign because it means we are getting closer. It's tough to live through though, all I want to do is cry and sleep. And I have way too much I need to get done pre-babe!
#6 of 7 Old 01-06-2009, 04:08 PM

I'm 2 days away from my EDD and this last week it's like PMS overload. I'm sooo irritated with every single thing, especially DH, and I feel like I could cry at the drop of a hat. :
#7 of 7 Old 01-07-2009, 12:02 AM

I'm "due" in two weeks and I can report that something like this is going on here. The not-fun signs include a huge grounder type zit on my ear like the kind you get when you're 13 (gross, eh?).

But on my way to my midwives I took the bus downtown, when no one gave me a seat, I barked (in this low don't-mess-with-me voice I didn't know I had in me), "I need a seat here!" I surprised myself (and got a seat).

And since I had some time before my apt I stopped at Sears and picked up a present for my son's bag for while I'm in the hospital. Sales guy near me saw me as I stood at the service counter, continued babbling away to someone, when it got unbearbly long and two others working there walked by I said quite loudly, "Can I pay for this--like sometime before I give birth to this baby?!" Oh, that felt good. I never say thing like this--just think them afterwards--and I really enjoyed it

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page