Good sign or bad? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-06-2009, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is probaby going to be a TMI thread. Then again, Im not sure there is such a thing. Ok so this morning, DH and I DTD and after I felt a burning/stinging feeling. Never happened before. Then after we got out of bed and DH realized that he was covered with blood. I went to check and sure enough, reddish/pinkish discharge.

Could this be "bloody show" or is it possible that the stinging discomfort means that we caused some sort of damage? Do I need to contact my MW (which I hate to do so early in the morning)

No cramping. No ctx... in fact, none since Sunday. I did feel odd lastnight but I think it was just that I was tired.

Any suggestions?
#2 of 5 Old 01-06-2009, 09:56 AM

I think you should call your midwife. I doubt she'd have a problem with getting a call this early and besides, that's what she does. Good luck
#3 of 5 Old 01-06-2009, 10:17 AM

Yeah, bloody show "typically" isn't a lot of blood. If you had pain DTD its probably from that. Maybe needed a little lube? I know DH and I DTD last night hopes of jump starting, but it was pretty uncomfortable this time, but no blood. I would call and let your midwife know it happens, I don't see a reason to rush the call unless your still bleeding, or its a concerning amount. when I had bloody show with DD, I noticed it after peeing,and it was some mucous that was streaked with blood, I guess the idea is that capilaries burst in the cervix as you dilate and efface.

mom to Reaghan born underwater into midwife's hands 1/17/07 & Myra born surrounded by doulas and midwife at home 1/12/09. Birth Educator, and Photographer, Baby #3 Coming May 2013!

#4 of 5 Old 01-06-2009, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

It wasnt really a lot of blood. Just enough to notice. It has stopped. My MW told me to keep an eye out. The DTD part was pretty uneventful (well, thats a horrible way to put it. it was "eventful" but it wasnt out of the ordinary... pretty mellow first thing in the morning type of thing)

But it was just a little bit, lasted about 45 minutes then stopped. Feeling pretty good now. Quite energized actually. Ill keep you posted!
#5 of 5 Old 01-06-2009, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

So heres the update. Made it through the day feeling good. No more pink, no more cramping. Got home, light tinge of blood, mild cramping (like mild menstrual cramps) but not contractions. Feeling sad for some reason. Weepy, drained emotionally and physically tired. Just scrubbed my bathroom from top to bottom, scrubbed my kitchen, working on cleaning the rest of the house. I dont know if I have it in me to do the floors but they arent bad... plus its snowy out and they are going to get dirty and gross anyway.

but OH S**T! We filled the birth tub tonight... THE HEATER/PUMP ISNT WORKING... AND ITS LEAKING!! The water (which was nice and warm but not warm enough 2 hours ago) is frigid! This is an issue. And now I have a ton of water leaking onto the hardwood floor. My MIL will kill me if this floor gets ruined. CRAP! What do I do?

So that is where we are... its close!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page