I'm SO discouraged! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-06-2009, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today is my due date, and I'm uncomfortable as all he** - NOTHING I do is comfy or pain free, even laying down. The baby has only dropped a TINY little bit, and is still very much under my ribs - whether I'm sitting or lying down. I'm exhausted - physically and emotionally and my parents are coming a week and a half and are staying in the downstairs apartment while they are here. (my boyfriend and I rent the upstairs apartment of a house, the downstairs one is vacant and our landlord is being nice enough to let my parents stay there for cheap while they are here)

I had an appointment with the midwife today, and she checked my cervix which is LONG AND CLOSED and posterior!!!! and SO high up she could hardly reach it. There is no sign of a baby showing up anytime soon at all. I've been having braxton hicks all the time, everyday all day, and they really pick up at night - but they're doing NOTHING - even if I was slightly open that would be better than completely closed!! And, I start school again on the 20th (42 weeks), and at 42 weeks they start talking about inducing, but its my call and we don't have to (I won't if theres no change to my cervix), but I really don't know what I'm going to do if I have to start my spring semester pregnant...I'm supposed to have a baby by then!!

I'm just so discouraged...and I know that since I'm a FTM I should expect to go over, but I just really want this to be over. And of course my boyfriend is no help at all - his response is that as long as the baby is fine it doesn't matter when it comes, we'll work out all those details later. He's right - but when I'm frustrated and discouraged I really don't want a lecture about it!

Sorry about the vent...and congrats to all the January moms who have their baby's already!
#2 of 10 Old 01-06-2009, 10:39 PM

It can be so hard to wait it out the last few days/weeks. Just remember, your dilation means NOTHING unless you are in active labor. walked around at 3-4cm for WEEKS with my first, literally expecting I would deliver at any moment. You could go very fast and all at once when you do go into active labor. Deep breaths, and trust your body.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#3 of 10 Old 01-07-2009, 12:26 AM

don't be discouraged by your exam! i was "high and tight" the day before my water broke last time. i know it feels like you'll be pregnant FORVER, but i promise, you won't! hang in there!
#4 of 10 Old 01-07-2009, 12:48 AM

can you go swimming anywhere?

I hope your discouraged feeling is a sign of impending labor!
#5 of 10 Old 01-07-2009, 01:03 AM

I know how you feel. 42 weeks with my first, but he was only 7 pounds 8 ounces so I think my dates were wrong. Waiting sucks! You could talk to your ob or mw about starting cohoshes and castor oil possibly? With my second I did cohoshes the last week and evening primrose oil and she did come on her edd. I'm going nuts right now myself and I'm only 37 weeks tomorrow! Hang in there. Baby just needs a little time to cook. It could be tomorrow! And you'll have your little one!
#6 of 10 Old 01-07-2009, 01:32 AM

With my first pregnancy I was high and closed and the midwife couldn't reach my cervix for the life of her at 40 weeks...then I went into labor naturally a few days later and had a great vaginal birth (long and somewhat slow progress, but it was steady and went well).
#7 of 10 Old 01-07-2009, 02:05 AM

you can't stay pregnant forever!

or so they tell me ........
--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#8 of 10 Old 01-07-2009, 02:44 AM

I'm glad I am not alone!! I am not EDD until Jan 13 but I have never felt this uncomfortable (emotionally, or otherwise) with other pregnancies. I feel like I am on an extension of Christmas holidays- hovering in the space between real-life and extended "nothingness". I feel half-real. It is a strange sensation.
#9 of 10 Old 01-07-2009, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelionkid View Post
I'm glad I am not alone!! I am not EDD until Jan 13 but I have never felt this uncomfortable (emotionally, or otherwise) with other pregnancies. I feel like I am on an extension of Christmas holidays- hovering in the space between real-life and extended "nothingness". I feel half-real. It is a strange sensation.
The 13th is my mom's b-day, and my dad is hoping that missing my EDD is a sign that baby will come on the 13th....I REALLY hope baby comes before then!!
#10 of 10 Old 01-07-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racidoodle View Post
don't be discouraged by your exam! i was "high and tight" the day before my water broke last time. i know it feels like you'll be pregnant FORVER, but i promise, you won't! hang in there!
Me too! Twice! And I know what it's like to feel that way on your EDD. But it might be right around the corner. I was two days late with both. Everything can change very quickly and your body and baby know exactly when your precious baby should be born.
(Having said that, I'm going crazy already wondering when will baby ever come and praying "please don't let me be 'late' again." ... And I'm only 39+1, but whose counting?)

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page