What in the world was that?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-07-2009, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last night I had some trouble sleeping. Just kept waking up feeling kind of weird and drifting off back to sleep. At about 5:30 I decided to go ahead and go to the bathroom so that I wouldn't have to go later, even though I didn't have to go that badly.

I got up, went, and came back to lie down. When I laid down I noticed that part of the bed was wet, as well as the bottom of my skirt I was sleeping in. I immedietly thought my water had broken, but the strange thing was that my pad didn't feel unusually wet, and my panties were mostly dry. I took about an hour, half asleep, assessing the situation.

There was no smell, it was definately not urine. I thought that maybe there had been some water or something around the toilet and my skirt got wet so I went to check and there was nothing around. I was not sweating, as I was pretty cold. So I took off my pad to see if anything else would happen in the night and I woke up to dry panties. I mean, this was an obvious amount of wetness (felt like it had been there for a a bit and was drying up though)...not a small amount.

But if it was my water wouldn't I continue to leak? At least a little? What else could it have been? I'm going to call my midwife in a bit but I wanted some opinions as well. Is it possible he "corked" it? He's still quite active.

I have no idea what to think!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 01-07-2009, 02:33 PM

I never knew that my water was leaking with my first. I found out when I was preparing to push that my water had already broken. We were all surprised. Sometimes the amount of fluid is just a trickle and then the baby's body seals it up again. When you or baby change position you may feel more leak. Frankly it was so %$#@ hot with my first, I just chalked it up to mad amounts of sweat.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#3 of 8 Old 01-07-2009, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Well, this was definately more than a trickle. I imagine a gush or big leak while I'm sleeping that had time to dry up somewhat before I woke up. I mean, this was a quite a bit...on my right and left side as well as the bottom of my skirt. But I still don't get why my panties/pad weren't wet very wet...unless they just dried more quickly. I'm so confused.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#4 of 8 Old 01-07-2009, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

I called my midwife and she thinks it was my water. She's going to call another midwife to have on hand for back up because if it was my water she thinks I'll go into labor very soon. And she WILL do a homebirth since I'm so close to 37 weeks now. :

Of course I guess there's the possibility it's not my water...but I don't know what else it could have been. I haven't had any more of it today..which is weird, but he feels lower so maybe he corked it.

Oh well I'm cleaning and I've put everyone in the house on cleaning duty too.

#5 of 8 Old 01-07-2009, 04:37 PM

could you have dipped your skirt in the toilet somehow? this has happened to me before...

of course if you're i labor the point is moot...
#6 of 8 Old 01-07-2009, 04:41 PM

:
#7 of 8 Old 01-07-2009, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietserena View Post
could you have dipped your skirt in the toilet somehow? this has happened to me before...

of course if you're i labor the point is moot...
Nope! I thought of that too, but I had actually pulled my skirt down instead of up and the bed was wet when I got back from the bathroom.

#8 of 8 Old 01-07-2009, 07:21 PM

Hoping labor starts when needed and goes smoothly, and that you are soon holding your LO!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page