Oooowww! Hemmerhoid!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-08-2009, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ow ow ow ow ow ow!! This morning I got a hemmerhoid!! I didn't know they just showed up all of a sudden! TMI & gross, but, I'm serious, this thing is like the size of a pencil eraser!!!!! It hurts like hell!! I put prep H on it and that didn't even dull the pain. I took a hot bath with salt in the water (i read its supposed to help?!) but maybe I didn't put enough salt in b/c it didn't help in the slightest!! Is there anything else I can do??? Will it go away or is it there for a while? I can't imagine trying to push a baby out with this thing on my rear is going to be very comfy!! I can't sit, but standing doesn't feel much better. *pouting poor me*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2009, 07:57 PM

Witch hazel! I got one, and it went away really quickly after I put witch hazel extract on a cotton ball and pressed into it a few times (basically, trying to push it back in). Also try taking homeopathic hammamelis virginiana (witch hazel) pellets a few times a day.
Even if it doesn't make it go away, the witch hazel extract is very soothing (at least it was for me).

Although, you may have to wait until after the birth before it'll go away for good (so says my midwife, anyway).

SAHM to DS Jan09, DD Mar11. lactivist.gifintactivist.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpguc.jpgwinner.jpggd.gifcaffix.gif

Old 01-08-2009, 08:21 PM

Poor you! A long bout of forced pushing during my labor with my ds brought on quite a few of them for me. They stuck around for about a week and a half, and I, too, can attest to the soothing and healing properties of witch hazel (as well as gently trying to push them back in). So far, only one small one has come back, earlier this week, and that's how I handled it.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:13 PM

That just happened to me, at 1 o'clock in the morning when I was trying to sleep! And I am jealous of your pencil eraser as mine was about the size of a golf ball, LOL! I had to go to the e.r. it was so painful. I got a prescription suppository and that has helped a lot. Also, as much as I can I am sitting in hot, hot baths and every time I go to the bathroom, whether bm or just to tinkle, I use the store brand Tucks. Just going tinkle hurts. Also, you need to tuck the hemorroid back in (even though it hurts to do so). Using the preperation h helps to tuck it back in.

*edit to add: the bath thing didnt help immediately, I had to do it a few days before it really started working for me*

to you momma. It hurts so bad, I was seriously ready to cancel my vbac and schedule my c/s for immediately. There is hope. Mine have now shrunk to about the tip of my pinky, much more tolerable. Just hang in there!

(and why did the ob say "you are just blamin' it on the baby?" Heck yeah I am! He was punching me in the butt when it happened, how else can you explain it? 5th kid and never had them before, never had one punching me in the butt before either!)
Old 01-08-2009, 11:25 PM

I had them bad after labor. Witch hazel pads (Tucks) and Prep H helped. All gone now.

They do suck.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:43 PM

Witch hazel is amazing!!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:26 PM

also take a warm bath or shower and while in there, gentle massage the hemorrhoid, and work to push it back in, it helps, I use that a lot, I've been dealing with them quite a bit here at the end!

mom to Reaghan born underwater into midwife's hands 1/17/07 & Myra born surrounded by doulas and midwife at home 1/12/09. Birth Educator, and Photographer, Baby #3 Coming May 2013!

User Tag List