hard-to-pin-down pain/discomfort "down there" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-11-2009, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi all,

i birthed 12/31 and am having pain/a twang "down there" when i go from sitting or lying to standing (blood flow rushes down?) or in certain positions. it's not deadly but i feel nervous 'bout it 'cuz it's unfamiliar and i can't pin if it's an injured clit, urethra, or what. i think it's mostly behind the clit/urethra.

i wonder if any of y'all who've birthed vaginally before have had this sort of thing and if all such sensations dissipated pretty quickly?

i imagine if it's soft tissue or inflammation that it will heal itself if i take it easy.

could the nurse have injured anything when she inserted the catheter? how big are balloon catheters?

thank you

DD 12/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 01-11-2009, 10:52 AM

sounds a bit like what my midwife called "Skid marks" where there was stretching up towards the clitoris, but not tears. I remember sneezing, standing in particular to be touch. I would do a kegel and try to lift myself up with my arms. It did heal, but it took a long time to not have tenderness there, sometimes it was sharp feeling, some time stingy.

mom to Reaghan born underwater into midwife's hands 1/17/07 & Myra born surrounded by doulas and midwife at home 1/12/09. Birth Educator, and Photographer, Baby #3 Coming May 2013!

#3 of 7 Old 01-11-2009, 11:01 AM

It could defiantly be from the catheter. I had very bad pain after the one time I had a catheter inserted. It hurt for months I finally mentioned it to my midwife and she told me to get some dried cornsilk, make a tea and let it steep overnight then drink it. It worked! It took about a week before the pain was completely gone.

belly.gif to  jumpers.giflol.gif wonderful people with  baby.gif on the way!

#4 of 7 Old 01-11-2009, 01:04 PM

Yup I got it too. I had it before and it does pass, as weird as it feels.
#5 of 7 Old 01-11-2009, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

thanks, y'all.

i still welcome others to pipe in; it's not resolved and i'm happy for any feedback.

i will check out the cornsilk idea.

and am gonna call the MW today...

DD 12/08
#6 of 7 Old 01-12-2009, 04:17 AM

Yeah, for me the pain after the catheter was the worst part of recovery. (Obviously, I didn't have an episiotomy or tearing) but yeah. I'm really not looking forward to it. Sorry...
#7 of 7 Old 01-12-2009, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallielynn01 View Post
sounds a bit like what my midwife called "Skid marks" where there was stretching up towards the clitoris, but not tears. I remember sneezing, standing in particular to be touch. I would do a kegel and try to lift myself up with my arms. It did heal, but it took a long time to not have tenderness there, sometimes it was sharp feeling, some time stingy.
i talked w/the MW yesterday and this was her best guess as to what it probably is, and it makes sense to me. i actually did have a little bit of tearing up towards the clit though not enuf to warrant stiches.

we'll see how it heals...

DD 12/08

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page