Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: in the moment
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here the protocols are such that at 42 weeks, you must transfer care (away from awesome homebirth midwives to random OB).
You and I have the same due date, and are kind of in the same boat! My own decision is to attempt an induction at home (castor oil and AROM) for a chance at a homebirth, on the last day possible (if it should come to that). Then if it doesn't work I can still be attended in the hospital by my same midwives that day.
But then I tend to stay pregnant a long time. My previous 42-weeker was definitely NOT underdone or "just" at term, too, so I feel comfortable doing this. I can see why someone else would make a different decision.
Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)
|52 members and 20,469 guests|
|AMG , apmomsocal , averysmomma05 , Chasing Rainbows , cloa513 , Deborah , Dovenoir , emmy526 , foreskin_is_normal , frugalmama1 , gooseberry , Hai Phu , happy-mama , hillymum , Iron Princess , jayneeann , Jazzy8000 , jcdfarmer , JElaineB , justsamma , katelove , kathymuggle , lilmissgiggles , lisak1234 , mamabear0314 , MamaByGodsGrace , marsupial-mom , MDoc , Mirzam , MommyFoust , Mylie , NaturallyKait , newmamalizzy , oaksie68 , Ollyrolly , primalmom , RollerCoasterMama , rubelin , samaxtics , shantimama , Shmootzi , Shuli , siennaflower , Springshowers , sren , tifga , tournesol , Zack5130 , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|