Overdue - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 01-14-2009, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 41 weeks and 4 days...lots of BH for weeks and prodromal labor....waiting...waiting...waiting...Just started a homeopathic remedy yesterday to get labor going...otherwise my planned 4th homebirth is out the door....I have never gone beyond 41 weeks 1 day...so this is such new territory for me.

I have come up with a list of things to do over the next few days, I thought I would share to see if it stirs up any further ideas from all of you:

Aromatherapy
Induction visualizations/music
Sex
Complete tasks that may be holding me back (ie: messy closet downstairs and son's room a disaster)
Get a massage
Bumpy Bus ride
Blow up balloons
Bromelian
cold/hot water immersion
cumin tea
evening primrose oil
raspberry tea
swinging
breast stimulation
acupuncture (will be starting this today)
herbal tinctures

LAST RESORT, prior to any hospital interference, Castor Oil!:

Christine (wife, mom, doula for 8 years, and midwifery student)
DD12, DS10, DS7, DS4.5, DS2.5, & #6, a boy, due mid-Sept. plan 5th home waterbirth

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36** stork-boy.gif 40**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 01-14-2009, 08:39 AM

Don't have anything to add to your list, but just wanted to wish you good luck!
Come on, baby!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#3 of 12 Old 01-14-2009, 11:09 AM

momzilla, I just started cumin tea two days ago. And I'm still waiting.
#4 of 12 Old 01-14-2009, 12:07 PM

momzilla - your list looks very similar to mine. Yesterday after our 2nd NST, we've decided to go for the hospital induction to even get the chance to try for a VBAC. Its so frustrating as I wasn't this far along with my first.

I'm crossing my fingers for you to be able to get your homebirth!!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#5 of 12 Old 01-14-2009, 12:49 PM

I can't say if this helped for sure, but the weekend before I went into labor DH made a huge batch of eggplant parmesan and a lot of other spicy food. I also used EPO, orally and rubbing it on my belly. Hope you get cooking soon!

I should probably be doing something else right now.
#6 of 12 Old 01-15-2009, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Well...tonight may be the night...I'm 41 weeks 5 days today! I have had acupuncture done twice now...and have one scheduled for tomorrow morning (if need be). I have done a bumpy bus ride, homeopathic medicine, spicy food, nipple stimulation (with electric pump), and other things on my original list. Had some pretty good contractions during the night, but they stopped after 2 hours or so...then they started up again early this afternoon. Had my cervix checked and am 3 cm...which is wonderful for me...I don't dialate until I'm in early labor...I also lost my mucous plug...which is "my sign" labor is imminent. Contractions are still pretty far apart...8-10 min....once the children are asleep (around 8 p.m.) things will probably pick up (as this is what has happened with my previous labors).

DD12, DS10, DS7, DS4.5, DS2.5, & #6, a boy, due mid-Sept. plan 5th home waterbirth

#7 of 12 Old 01-15-2009, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmann View Post
I can't say if this helped for sure, but the weekend before I went into labor DH made a huge batch of eggplant parmesan and a lot of other spicy food. I also used EPO, orally and rubbing it on my belly. Hope you get cooking soon!
Ho. Ly. Cow! Katmann, you're the only other person that I know of that has done the same thing. My DH did the same thing for me, too, one week before I was due with DS... I still ended up being 3 days, but still. This is too crazy!!
#8 of 12 Old 01-16-2009, 12:07 AM

With the bromelain, eat fresh pineapple on an empty stomach to get the medicinal effect.

I also hear eating fresh basil and oregano can help. Tomorrow I plan on eating a pizza loaded with 'em.

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#9 of 12 Old 01-16-2009, 12:33 PM

One more suggestion - a chirpopractor! A friend of mine had the prodromol labor for a while, saw her chiro, he found her hips were way out of alignment, did an adjustment and lo arrived 4 hours later!
#10 of 12 Old 01-18-2009, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Well...I'm still pregnant....42 wks 1 day now....the only thing left on my list is visiting a chiropractor (which I was going to do Friday, but with other appts. I totally gapped it). Last few options, stripping membranes and castor oil (prior to any hospital interventions). My homebirth midwife is willing to wait until possibly Tues.....my back-up hospital nurse-midwife is willing to wait until Thurs./Fri......we are thinking baby is slightly posterior...have been side-stepping, belly lifiting, on all fours, inclined...haven't had much contractions...though had a few brief great ones last night!

What to do? Man oh man.

#11 of 12 Old 01-18-2009, 05:01 PM

come on baby!
#12 of 12 Old 01-18-2009, 05:15 PM

You might also try acupressure. With my first I just did a google search on labor inducing points. There are quite a few in the feet and ankles, so you could get your DH to give you a good hard foot massage where he makes sure to focus on those points. That's on my list if I end up going overdue. Good luck!

Sarah , wife to Tyson :, SAHM to Landon (5), Coleson (3), and new baby boy due any day!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page