Benjamin Joseph birth story - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-20-2009, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I woke on thursday 1/15/2009 at 2:30 am with a crampy feeling, slept with that off and on until 4:30 am. Then I went downstairs to start timing them and see if they were going to stick. They were about 8 to 10 min apart. I called the midwife and she asked if I wanted her to come but I felt like it was to early so she told me to check in an hour later. I got up and around, got my older kids ready and off to school. Called the midwife she suggested just coming by to see what was going on. So I showered and waited getting excited but nervous knowing the work that lay ahead for me. Midwife came and checked me, I was at 2 cen and I think still had some effacing to do.. So, hubby and I decided to go run some errands and have some lunch. While out we decided to take lunch home to eat because I was starting to get pretty consistent contractions and feeling a bit uncomfortable. After I ate lunch I went to take a nap and everything slowed down for a bit. My midwifes assistant showed up to hang out for a bit and see what was going on with this labor, my labors are usually very long I was not looking forward to a really long labor and talked with her about maybe getting things going if they were gettable.. So, we started with the breast pump, and then added some homeopathic tinctures. This was around 2:30 pm we kept that up until 5:30.. I have also always had really bad back labor, this was the first labor that I have felt real contractions, I think the way they should be in the front not in the back.. But by the evening they were starting to settle in my hips for some reason maybe the way the baby was laying... But so horrible that pain all in my hips and really no way to releave it..I layed down to rest around 6pm and was back up by 7pm with contractions still same and pretty intense. So, by 10pm I decided to try and go to bed, I sent the assistant and my girlfriend home and put the kids to bed told my Mom to go to bed... Hubby and I went to bed.. I layed down and felt this weird pop inside and then a huge gush of my waters came out.... after that contractions were way more intense and coming every 4 minutes apart.. I called the midwife, she called back the assistant and my girlfriend came back over, my Mom and the kids heard us so knew that something was happening. I think by then it was close to 11 or 12... Time gets weird for me here, it was so intense and seemed so unbearable..This labor was hard for me to get a hold on at least with back labor my hubby could put pressure and I would get some relief with that...but with this hip stuff going on I could not find any...I had my hubby putting pressure on my hips with each contraction but it just seemed to move or I couldn't tell him where I needed the pressure....ohhhh it hurt so bad..so at 1 am they asked if I wanted to be checked and I was ok with that, a little worried that if I wasn't close to the end I would get discouraged but wanted to know where I was also...So, they checked me and said I was 5 to 6 but really more 5...so discouraged I felt, I really was just like OMG I can not go on...So I got in the shower and labored in there for what seemed like 1/2 hour but was really like 10 minutes...Got out and labored by the sink for a minute...Everyone but the assistant had gone out of the room, kids went to bed, mom went to bed... midwife went to lay down, my girlfriend went home next door for a second..Everyone thinking that I was at 5 that I had a while to go..all of us thinking we had time... So, I went from the bathroom to my bedroom leaning over the side of the bed really having a hard time coping..and having that pushy feeling, while having a contraction bearing down some...Then I felt the baby come down... the assistant called the midwife in and everyone else followed.. They checked me and said I had a small lip still, the midwife said if I wanted she could hold it back for a few contractions so the baby could come down past it..I said ok with that, I was ready to be done.. So, thats what we did, I pushed standing up leaning on the bed..I did not have to push for that long, they had a hard time getting his shoulders out but out he came.... weighing 8lbs 14oz and 22 1/4 in long..that is my biggest baby...l was so happy to be done, this labor seemed so much harder for me. Maybe some of it had to do with my state of mind going into it, but I'm happy it's over and in love with this little boy, enjoying getting to know him.. And I really am happy to have had a great homebirth experience. I'm finding that the recoup period has gone very smooth. I love that we have not had to go out of the house at all, so relaxing just staying at home and resting, nursing, loving this new baby, all of us getting to know him. So, thats my story... I would post pictures but can't figure out how to, maybe I'll post them in another thread....

:
#2 of 7 Old 01-20-2009, 10:37 PM

:
#3 of 7 Old 01-20-2009, 10:41 PM

Thanks for sharing! Congratulations and welcome little boy! :

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#4 of 7 Old 01-20-2009, 11:30 PM

Lovely, thank you for sharing.

sahm for Landon 1/07 and Simon 12/08 Aden 3/8/06
#5 of 7 Old 01-20-2009, 11:38 PM

: Congratulations, good work mama

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#6 of 7 Old 01-22-2009, 05:10 PM

Congrats, Dinan6!
#7 of 7 Old 01-24-2009, 01:52 AM

Congratulations! :

belly.gif to  jumpers.giflol.gif wonderful people with  baby.gif on the way!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page