I really just need to sleep I think. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-21-2009, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
still no sign of the baby- although now I can't seem to sleep at all. Yesterday I took a cat nap and last night I couldn't sleep at all. DH was snoring away- geez how annoying- if I wanted to sleep next to a mack truck I would have. ANyway- it is now 4:25 and I am going to go stalk my banker. I bet he is in right now. Ya think? I should take bets on it. (He told me he comes in everyday at 4- we will see) Then I am off to the OB's at 9 to see how much progress I have NOT made in the last week and try to stall on the induction he wants to do. Now why on earth do an induction if there is obviously nothing going on? And my back is so sore from falling.

Oh- pity party for one? That is my table- gotta go.

Later ladies- thanks for letting me gripe- Lord knows my husband is sick of hearing it.

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 01-21-2009, 12:10 PM

Any room at that table?

I wake up every morning and cry because I'm still pregnant.

I see my midwife today too. She's never done an internal exam, and I'm not sure if I want one or not. She's never made mention of any "expiration" date, but I think I better ask today--as I have NO back-up plan. I'm hoping and praying for a HBA2C, and in IL they won't let you VBA2C in a hospital. If I end up in a hospital, it's another C/S and I don't even have a doctor.

I could go on, but I don't want to spoil your party!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#3 of 6 Old 01-21-2009, 12:37 PM

I am so sorry you guys are still waiting. I don't know what finally got me going, but I will tell you I made up my mind I was going to sleep come hell or high water. I got 2 decent nights before going into real labor on Friday night, and even then I slept in between contractions for 3 hours before giving in. I hope you find some rest today. You are going to need it.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#4 of 6 Old 01-21-2009, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Dh finally stayed home long enough for me to get a nap today. 3.5 hours! I feel like a new person! Of course I probably won't be able to sleep tonight- but at least in the mean time I feel great!

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#5 of 6 Old 01-22-2009, 12:05 AM

I can totally understand how you are feeling. I'm exhausted. I'm so tired that I am spending sometime being frustrated or dropping a few tears everyday. My husband is as helpful and sympathetic as he can be and I am really grateful for his help.

However, if I have to hear any person say to me one more time that I need to take advantage of sleep now because when the baby comes I won't get any, I promise I will scream. Beside the negativity, do I really need any more pressure?????

My guess date is in the next few days but I am definitely aware that lack of sleep is making more drama in this last week than it needs to. (((hugs to you)))

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - J. R. R. Tolkien
#6 of 6 Old 01-22-2009, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwdiaz View Post
However, if I have to hear any person say to me one more time that I need to take advantage of sleep now because when the baby comes I won't get any, I promise I will scream. Beside the negativity, do I really need any more pressure?????

Forget AFTER the baby comes! I needed the rest to labor!! FWIW, I have been sleeping better since she was born. It was totally about the pressure to get her here. Good luck with your birth.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page