wearing baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-22-2009, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i wore DS in a moby wrap starting when he was about 3 weeks old, and it worked fairly well. i've had harper in her moby about three times, and it really seems to over-heat her. even when i dress her lightly, she just swealters. i tried her in a mei tai this morning, but i don't think it's supportive enough yet. when i took her out after about 30 minutes, her poor little back cracked in about three places! i don't have a ring sling (they don't seem to work well w/ my body shape). anyone know of any awesome ways to wrap a newborn in a moby or mei tai? wraps that work with a "generous" bosom would be greatly appreciated. (in both the moby and the mei tai i've had her facing my chest with her legs curled under her.)
#2 of 10 Old 01-22-2009, 06:21 PM

I've been using the newborn hug hold with my Moby, and it's been working really well. I tried her in the cradle hold briefly, but it seemed awkward. She also seems a little too small for my Hotsling - I'm confident the sling is the right size for me, but she seems awfully loose in there. I'm sticking with the Moby for now.
#3 of 10 Old 01-22-2009, 08:10 PM

this is exactly what i've been doing (newborn hug hold in moby wrap) but i'm usually 34A (now 34E) & it is a warm wrap.

while we're on the topic of babywearin' for specific body types, i'd love feedback from anyone out there who's petite (i'm 5'1") on their fave options.

i've sort of figured out the moby but it's a production to get her in & out so i've been considering the babyhawk mai tai or a sling that fits (the dr. sears padded sling we have seems way too big for me & her) as an alternative that's faster/easier. we have a baby bjorn but she's not 8lbs yet. the # of options out there feels overwhelming.

DD 12/08
#4 of 10 Old 01-22-2009, 08:49 PM

Just wanted to pop in and ask if you have a tried a Maya Ring Sling. Poppy is comfy in it, doesn't seem to over heat, and these ginormous boobs of mine fit nicely too (seriously, these boobs of mine are insane!)

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#5 of 10 Old 01-22-2009, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo F. View Post
Just wanted to pop in and ask if you have a tried a Maya Ring Sling.
i tried a locally made ring sling with DS (and i was a novice baby-wearer at that point), but i haven't tried a ring sling since. i should give it another shot. i've heard good things about the maya. thanks!
#6 of 10 Old 01-22-2009, 09:10 PM

moby wrap and baby in just a diaper perhaps?
#7 of 10 Old 01-22-2009, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietserena View Post
moby wrap and baby in just a diaper perhaps?
maybe now that it's out of the single-digits! lol
#8 of 10 Old 01-22-2009, 09:43 PM

Are you wearing short sleeves? I found that wearing short sleeves seems to help the sweating, although there's still some that just comes from the body heat to body heat buildup. Also, opening the flap (well, I have a SPOC wrap, so it's not the same as a moby exactly) and fanning in a little air now and then.

Mei Tai is supposed to be for when they can hold their head up well on their own. Make sure if you use one, you tie it in the center, not under the bottom, to keep baby from slipping out. I found that Naomi just didn't sit in the mei tai well and sweated just as bad, though.

Oh, I do the cradle hold, just up on my breasts, btw--I'm a 38... uh, I? I don't think I'm still an H, but not sure how much my breasts have grown >_<

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#9 of 10 Old 01-23-2009, 12:32 AM

I've found babywearing bliss with my new Maya Ring Sling...I like the lighter fabric, how it doesn't "overwhelm" me, and it is so easy to get on...very adjustable too. I'm ready to sell my Moby, Mei Tei and hotsling! Though I did really like the Moby and hotsling with my last dd.

Melissa, loving wife love.gif and mama to 4 girls now! DD 12, DD 10 1/2, DD 4, DD 2 Happily homeschool.gif, doing lots of hang.gif very little sleeping.gifof and as much as I can knit.gifsewmachine.gif reading.gif
#10 of 10 Old 01-25-2009, 09:51 AM

I have one of everything it seems. I have found different carriers are useful at different times. I personally don't like the Moby because it is too hot. I prefer non-stretchy cotton wraps like the Gypsy Mama Bali Breeze. I also really like ring slings for tiny babies, and adjustable pouches like the Kangaroo Korner Fleece pouch. For slightly older babies I like my mei-tai and my Beco 4th generation, (I don't care for the butterfly). I also have a problem with super hug boobs at the moment, so the adjustability of the KK pouch and the ring slings is a must for me.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page