Wow! Today is Annabelles due date! Weird - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-23-2009, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So today would have been my EDD. Hard to imagine that she will be two weeks old on Sunday. I cant believe it. Its odd to think that I could have still been pregnant.

Surreal...

It doesnt feel like two weeks though. It seems longer. Probably because i foolishly didnt take a "recovery break". I couldnt. With DH working all the time, that two weeks I was supposed to refrain from doing housework or anything for anyone other than myself or the baby... didnt get it. I was doing laundry the day after she was born. I know I am going to end up regretting not having a rest period but I didnt have a choice. My family is all far away. My kids have decided to become rebellious and twice as messy as before. bleh!

It occurred to me today that it hasnt been all that long since she was born. I know that for at least two weeks you arent supposed to lift anything heavier than the baby but while I was carrying laundry baskets I realized a new discomfort that I havent yet had. I have tremendous heavy feeling vaginal pressure. It feels like everything is going to just drop out. Is this something I should be concerned about or just my body telling me to take it easy?

I need a "calgon commercial moment"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-23-2009, 06:52 PM

TAKE IT EASY!! Kids can run around in jammies.

I'm one to talk though... I was so bad at taking it easy too the first week and have so been paying for it... once the baby high wore off I got hit hard with exhaustion and have been fighting it, and now the fibro is flaring some. And I don't even have other kids to keep up after full time! I can't imagine! Last weekend with DSD was hard!

You have to listen to your body though... do you have any friends or a sitter that could come by and help you out for a couple hours a day?

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#3 of 3 Old 01-24-2009, 02:46 AM

That is your body warning you to slow down. In the past I had a midwife tell me a story about a mother who didn't rest after having her baby and her uterus prolapsed because of it. She was graphic about it too, everything did just drop out of this woman. I would just let the laundry go, you can always take it all to a laundrymat and do it all at once in a couple weeks, hopefully with your hubby's help.

belly.gif to  jumpers.giflol.gif wonderful people with  baby.gif on the way!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page