When did you start taking over previous chores again? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-26-2009, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How many weeks postpartum did you take over all housechores that you did pre-baby?

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#2 of 8 Old 01-26-2009, 10:39 PM

bia
with this little one, 2 weeks pp...that's when our mothers left us. i did do some laundry on my own before that though. i lost a large amount of blood and i was super weak. midwife advised me to stay in bed for at least a full week.
with my last baby, i was up and bustling around the next day.

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#3 of 8 Old 01-26-2009, 10:53 PM

Pretty much right away. The only thing I cut way back on was taking the dog out in the current freezing & icy conditions. I've been doing laundry and cooking, and today (2 weeks postpartum) I made a huge grocery shopping trip with my lo. Cleaning the house will have to wait. What I'm doing is quite enough!

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#4 of 8 Old 01-26-2009, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

I've done some laundry and shopping.... doing much more than that I can't imagine yet... especially since baby would love to be attached 24/7 mostly to the boob.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#5 of 8 Old 01-26-2009, 11:50 PM

With baby number 1, dh did EVERYTHING the first week, even though I was fully capable.... It was his way of avoiding company/the crowds, we also lived w his parents in a three story house, and there was no way I was carrying laundry all that way!

With this baby,(2 1/2 weeks pp) I started doing light housework about 4 days after. i had alot more bleeding this time around, and was weaker then with ds, and am still finding that if I do too much my bleeding bumps up. But I am doing laundry, sweeping, cooking, dusting, cleaning the bathroom(except the bathtub,it still hurts to bend that way)...and the big thing is organizing! DD has gotten so many hand-me-downs/gifts!

Dh has pretty much taken over ds, he's scared to do dd diapers, and I can't lift ds w/o pain so it works out really well

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
#6 of 8 Old 01-27-2009, 12:08 AM

DH worked part time 2nd week, and I did some stuff then. He went back to work full time 3 weeks PP and things came back to me then full time. I had a few family members come ad help out a little, mostly watching DD1.
#7 of 8 Old 01-27-2009, 12:14 AM

I waited two weeks to start housecleaning (floors, bathrooms, etc). I was doing laundry right away. Still no cooking as our local AP group does a food tree, and I asked for as many meals as possible for three weeks. : (Some people spread it out over two months.)

Amanda, momma to Caroline (5/31/05) and Mary Elizabeth (1/8/09)
#8 of 8 Old 01-27-2009, 12:50 AM

I've been doing stuff more and more, but I didn't do ANYTHING except make myself toast or get something easy out of the fridge until 1.5 weeks pp. Today I spent almost all day at school and driving back and forth (I had 2 classes and my mom was babysitting - I came home to nurse between classes) I've also been able to sit for longer and longer periods of time.

It feels good to be getting my strength back!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page