Valentine's Day - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 02-03-2009, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Valentine's Day is next weekend!

Are any Mama's braving pumping and trying to get a night out with DH/DP yet?

I think DH and I are going to try to go out to dinner this weekend. I have been pumping for a week now and it is going well. DH gave DD her first bottle yesterday and it went well. She drank about 2.5 oz and was done, and I get almost that in one pumping.

I really don't know how I feel about my frist time being away from her... but I figured I should try a couple hours before I may have to go back to work, because that I think would just be way hard.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#2 of 20 Old 02-03-2009, 02:12 PM

I am still waiting for my baby at this point (41 weeks tomorrow) so hopefully by then I will have my baby, but we are not going out, DH works at the best restaurant in town so he will be at work all day that day, so on Friday or Sunday we are going to make homemade pizza's and celebrate together. We don't really go out much both of us prefer to not be around crowds as much as possible. So being at home will be the perfect day for us.
#3 of 20 Old 02-03-2009, 02:37 PM

Dh is a musican so nope i'm not going ANYWHERE!...I'm sure I could pump and mil would watch the kids so I could go, but it's not really romantic sitting and watching dh play. not to mention its a LONG night not gettinghome till 4 then waking w the kids...NOT WORTH IT!

I'm use to it though, I think dh has giged/worked every valentines, we've never done anything more then by eachother a book, and this year I doubt that'll happen

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
#4 of 20 Old 02-03-2009, 04:53 PM

Oh my gosh - I totally didn't realize that v-day was next weekend. I have been in babymoon bliss and just have lost track of time/days etc...

Its tempting to pump and do a night out which the hubster and I could use, I just might plan it for a night other than v-day since the places we'll want to go will be packed. Hrm but now I'm thinking about it...

Thanks for the reminder!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#5 of 20 Old 02-03-2009, 05:02 PM

I HATE valentines day - but Lincoln is 3 weeks old now and we went to the Lakers/Knicks game last night!! One of my good friends from school came over to watch Lincoln - who's a real trooper since he had a sitter while I was in class yesterday morning too!

The game was AWESOME!! I don't know if I've ever been to a pro-basketball game before, but it was really fun! And, Kobe set the record for points scored at Madison Square Garden, so to see that in person was pretty sweet, and my boyfriend is a HUGE Lakers fan (has been since he was really little) so it was fun to do something with him that he loves so much.

We really needed the time out together though, I felt so reconnected to him afterwards, I was even in the mood to DTD - even though physically I am no where close to able to since my tear is still healing. It was great though to get some time to ourselves - so I recommend that everyone who CAN get out - even if its not v-day GO OUT and do something!! It might be different for me and my bf since this is our first and we haven't been together for very long (only about a year), but it was GREAT to get out last night!
#6 of 20 Old 02-03-2009, 05:23 PM

You guys are brave mamas! I didn't feel comfortable leaving DD1 with a babysitter until she was well over 2.
#7 of 20 Old 02-03-2009, 06:02 PM

I am going to ask my parents if they will take the older 3 kids. I will not leave the baby with them as well. 4 kids is just too much for them right now. There are so many good restaurants near them I think we could get in dinner and a movie if we went to a matinee. Baby is still tiny enough to sleep through a movie, or be pacified with a boob, so I think we can manage quite nicely.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#8 of 20 Old 02-03-2009, 06:31 PM

Some of us are still pregnant. Hoping to be holding my baby by V day!
#9 of 20 Old 02-03-2009, 06:42 PM

Nope, not pumping, no bottles, not leaving my dc. If we go out, the kids will come, too. It feels incredibly self-indulgent to consider leaving my tiny baby when she really needs to be with mama all the time. On the other hand, maybe dh can bring me some chocolate...
#10 of 20 Old 02-04-2009, 01:43 PM

So content to just stay home with the baby and the boys! Maybe we'll make some heart shaped cookies and let the boys decorate them during the day. Then we'll make something special for dinner and have popcorn and watch a rented movie together. Sounds better than going out to me!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#11 of 20 Old 02-04-2009, 02:26 PM

:
I imagine we'll just have dinner at home. DH making some steak, a bottle of red, some candles and flowers and a chocolate souffle for dessert - that's plenty romantic!

We've had 5 V-Days together and they've all involved a fancy expensive restaurant, which was great then but not what I want now. Honestly, I'm so much looking forward to just staying in, eating dinner in PJs and watching a movie, all with our little guy!

SAHM to DS Jan09, DD Mar11. lactivist.gifintactivist.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpguc.jpgwinner.jpggd.gifcaffix.gif

#12 of 20 Old 02-04-2009, 05:21 PM

We don't do valentines, we're broke until I go back to work anyhow. :P I've not been away from the new LO for more than 20 minutes yet, I will have to soon for a day at work, but until then......

mom to Reaghan born underwater into midwife's hands 1/17/07 & Myra born surrounded by doulas and midwife at home 1/12/09. Birth Educator, and Photographer, Baby #3 Coming May 2013!

#13 of 20 Old 02-09-2009, 11:20 PM

We're going out to dinner because it is my birthday too. We'll probably take the baby with us because he is pretty mellow and I don't want to swamp the baby sitter with 5 kids.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#14 of 20 Old 02-10-2009, 08:33 PM

We are going to Olive Garden per Dh's request. Emma will be going with us, and the big kiddos are staying with Nana.
#15 of 20 Old 02-11-2009, 12:05 PM

We'll be staying home. I haven't been away from the little guy yet and I can't imagine leaving him with anyone so soon. I don't think we own a bottle...

Molly, mama to my 3 sweet boys.
: : hale:
#16 of 20 Old 02-12-2009, 06:35 PM

We're leaving our older DS with his grandparents and we are taking the baby with us for an afternoon of shopping and an early dinner (in hopes to avoid the crowds). I am looking forward to it!

Sarah , wife to Tyson :, SAHM to Landon (5), Coleson (3), and new baby boy due any day!

#17 of 20 Old 02-13-2009, 11:24 AM

DD is almost 8 weeks old so we're going out to dinner while she and her older brother hang out at Granny and Papa's house. I've been pumping just fine (I have oversupply issues) but she hasn't taken to a bottle very well so we'll probably make it a short dinner. But she is also much different from my son in that she is a bit of a "textbook" nurser---she goes 3-4 hours between feedings, so it's not that much of an emergency if I'm gone 1.5 hours, ya know? Different babies, so different. . .
#18 of 20 Old 02-13-2009, 01:01 PM

I've got plans now for valentines day!..I'm taking the kids up to my Grandmother's for the weekend...w/o Dh!..lol

Since he's giging all weekend my gift to him is the chance to sleep the days/jam the nights away w no screaming baby and crazy 2 year old.

My gift to myself is the fact that my aunt, uncle and 15 y/o cousin live down the road frm my Grandma and entertain my ds all day and night...I MAY EVEN GET A NAP THIS WEEKEND

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
#19 of 20 Old 02-15-2009, 10:34 AM

Well, my parents ended up going away for the weekend, so DH and I didn't get any time to ourselves, but we did take the kids up to the butterfly conservatory. We got to stroll through a tropical garden filled with gorgeous butterflies and little button quail. It was great. A taste of summer in February.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#20 of 20 Old 02-15-2009, 01:34 PM

Change of plans for us. Everyone (except the baby) was sick. We had planned to stay home anyway, but now no one felt like cooking or anything. The boys had PB&J and DH and I had take-out. It was good actually. One son was asleep by 6:30. If the other had gone to sleep early, DH and I could have watched a movie or something. Instead, lots of book-reading with the oldest son and cuddling with the baby. Maybe not romantic, but who could ask for more than three beautiful children?

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page