"Stop Touching My Belly!" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-18-2009, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My children will not stop touching my belly and it is driving me crazy. I cannot, no matter how many times I say it, get the twins to believe that there is NOT another baby in there. Seriously is one of the first things they do when they greet me in the morning. Especially if I am nursing and any part of my belly is visible. Their icy cold little fingers find their way into every nook and cranny of clothing just to touch me. I want to jump out of my skin. It was cute when I was pregnant, well, except for the cold part. Now, however, it just bugs me.

So what is bugging you these days?

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#2 of 6 Old 02-19-2009, 10:12 AM

I would rather have them touching my belly than my boyfriend! When I was pregnant he called me "Big Belly Mama" and now he keeps squeezing my belly (whats left of it anyway) and calling me "little squish".

Ugh...Men. They try to be funny and sometimes its just not amusing!
#3 of 6 Old 02-19-2009, 12:43 PM

what is bugging me? DH trying to get some all the freaking time! Seriously. Like when I am bfing the little one and the other 2 are crawling all over me- just what I want is yet one more person trying to get some action. Too much. Way way too much.

My kids never had a facination with the belly.

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#4 of 6 Old 02-20-2009, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

My older DD used to call the post-twin belly, "the bloop". My DH thought it was hilarious. Aren't men funny? (not)

Iowa, I hear you about the touched out experience. The twins are just making me nuts with it. My DH has learned his lesson. When I am ready, he will know. Until then he can keep his hands to himself.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#5 of 6 Old 02-20-2009, 01:32 PM

mamajody - I don't have any other kids, just the one, and my boyfriend too has learned to just keep his hands to himself! Other than the occasional hug or kiss he gets nothing yet! He was excited for the 6week visit so that we could have sex again, but since I had to get more stitches at 4weeks pp he knows that he won't be getting any for a while!

I also think I'm going to put off the 6 week visit b/c I really don't want anyone messing around down there - still WAY too sore.
#6 of 6 Old 02-20-2009, 03:06 PM

I am easily touched out, so having my toddler trying to climb all over me like I'm a jungle gym while I'm nursing the baby has been making me fume lately.

And on the topic of men... DH "cleaned up" after dinner last night. I didn't investigate or help, as DD was a cranky cranky mess (not pooping for a couple days will do that to a 6-week-old!). So this morning I go in there... he didn't bother to load the dishwasher, as that would have required him to unload it from when I ran it earlier in the day. So there's plates and cups nad pots and pans all over. Unrinsed. Worse, not even scraped off. The sink is 1/3 full of slimy water, and I come to find out there are knives on the bottom. Thanks, sweetheart.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page