Pre-pregnancy pants! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 02-20-2009, 02:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
omg....so, today was Aviendha's 1 month birthday.....and I thought, what the hey, I'll try my pre-pregnancy pants on. Oh yeah, they fit. They are a little tight around the waist, but no more than when I'm bloated. And they've stretched in the hours I've worn them.

I am very happy!!! :

Kathy Soup
Loving wife to an amazing SAHD : Mommy to Aviendha 01/19/09
#2 of 16 Old 02-20-2009, 02:49 AM

I'm jealous!!! I can get mine on and zip/button them, but it's not cute. I don't think I could sit in them either. My wardrobe is rather limited right now

Mrs.Oz :, wife to Mr. Oz , mother to Boo : 2 years and Sissy 9 months.
: :
#3 of 16 Old 02-20-2009, 01:09 PM

I'm afraid to try - I definitely still have a bit of gut!

I should probably be doing something else right now.
#4 of 16 Old 02-20-2009, 01:28 PM

I've been afraid to try anything on since I did at 2 weeks pp when not even size 12's fit (I was a 2 pre-preg!)

I'll try again at 8 weeks pp. 2 more weeks to go.
#5 of 16 Old 02-20-2009, 04:51 PM

I fit into most of my stuff now...though not quite as nicely as pre-pregnancy. I need to find a nice nursing bra--bigger boobs + unflattering bra makes me look a bit hefty all over .

I've always disliked my rear after pregnancy--does anyone else feel like theirs flattened out a bit? I've noticed it after each of my children...if I have anymore kids, I won't have any butt left!!

Melissa, loving wife love.gif and mama to 4 girls now! DD 12, DD 10 1/2, DD 4, DD 2 Happily homeschool.gif, doing lots of hang.gif very little sleeping.gifof and as much as I can knit.gifsewmachine.gif reading.gif
#6 of 16 Old 02-20-2009, 08:46 PM

I think I have more butt - which is great for me!

I was in dire need of new clothes pre-preg, but I do fit in what little I had. I'm actually down like 5lbs from my pre-preg weight - I only gained about 15lbs. and I lost almost all of it during the birth. Woo-hoo!
#7 of 16 Old 02-21-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasthree View Post
I've always disliked my rear after pregnancy--does anyone else feel like theirs flattened out a bit? I've noticed it after each of my children...if I have anymore kids, I won't have any butt left!!
i was just thinking about this. i think the glutes don't work as hard during pregnancy in my case so i lose the muscle mass.

my pre-preg clothes are looser now, I lost some weight in pregnancy. (I had it to lose though).

For those of you despairing, consider that it's not that you gained weight, but that your hips are wider apart than they were before. especially if you were a rather small size. you carried a whole human there!
#8 of 16 Old 02-21-2009, 09:36 PM

Well I was weighed at my follow up with the OB yesterday, and I still have 30lbs to lose. I gained less with this pg than the other 2, but it takes a long time for me to lose it. I gave all of my, "big" pants to goodwill when I thought I was all done with babies. I just went and bought another pair today to get me through the next few months.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#9 of 16 Old 02-22-2009, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietserena View Post
For those of you despairing, consider that it's not that you gained weight, but that your hips are wider apart than they were before. especially if you were a rather small size. you carried a whole human there!
I keep trying to remind myself of the hip thing... I am actually back at pre-preg weight, but still nothing fits. I can't figure it out, it's like all my weight re-distrbuted or something, but it still makes no sense that I am the same weight but my clothes won't fit. Very discouraging...

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#10 of 16 Old 02-22-2009, 12:23 PM

I've been back in pre-pg jeans since 2 weeks, but they don't all fit and they don't all fit like they did before (this is abby number 2 for me). My hips are still spread out 7 weeks PP, even though I'm back to my PP weight, I think. Which is crazy, since the tatas are ginormous, I'm certainly not dieting, my hips are feeling like they're spread open wide enough to birth still, and I have a flabby yucky pouchy tubby tummy-gut.

Oh, and my feet are the same size, but my shoes don't fit.
#11 of 16 Old 02-22-2009, 12:51 PM

My prepregnancy pants fit 4 days after Jet's birth. i'm just saying, lol!
#12 of 16 Old 02-25-2009, 06:51 PM

Well I can button my pre-preggo pants but it doesn't look pretty. My belly and hips bubble over. Sigh. I've only lost 10 of 40 pounds so far since I basically ate all the crap I wanted for the last 5 weeks. Today is Ash Wed. and Lent starts so I'm using that to start eating healthier. I sent DH in to work with all our leftover Halloween and Christmas candy.

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#13 of 16 Old 02-25-2009, 08:22 PM

I can't find my 16s and the 18s I had ready are falling off, so I'm guessing I'm definitely ready for pre-pregnancy pants (16s) but not ready enough to go buy new ones Not until I'm firmly down to that size. Only losing a pound a week now, so I'm not sure how long that will take (I ended up gaining back the weight I lost at the beginning of pregnancy so that I was exactly where I started at the end--I'm 14lbs lighter now).

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#14 of 16 Old 02-26-2009, 07:45 PM

cause i was so sick in the beginning of the pregnancy and I lost so much weight I actually wore a size smaller than pre-preg the day after I gave birth.

Too bad I'm still chubby
#15 of 16 Old 03-06-2009, 09:22 PM

Mine fit! It made me really happy to pull those pants on ... even if they are a little tight. : Time for new pants, lol.

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
#16 of 16 Old 03-07-2009, 12:43 PM

Mine fit much better today than a week ago - yay! I even went out and bought jeans a size bigger and now they're falling down, I guess I'll try to shrink them a bit in the dryer

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page