What is your baby doing now? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 02-24-2009, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mine is just barely a month old and he can roll over! well from tummy to back anyway. It completely shocked me! I guess he isn't a newborn anymore is he?

What is your little one doing these days?

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 30 Old 02-24-2009, 07:15 PM

i weighed olivia this morning and she has gained 4lbs.! I feel so proud and blesses that my milk is making her such a chub!
#3 of 30 Old 02-24-2009, 07:47 PM

Emmie has begun to smile and coo pretty frequently--she is 7 weeks, though, so it's not early or anything. It is very sweet .

Other than that, she pretty much eats, sleeps, poops, and cries!!

Melissa, loving wife love.gif and mama to 4 girls now! DD 12, DD 10 1/2, DD 4, DD 2 Happily homeschool.gif, doing lots of hang.gif very little sleeping.gifof and as much as I can knit.gifsewmachine.gif reading.gif
#4 of 30 Old 02-24-2009, 10:01 PM

Sloan is 6w6days and is cooing, smiling, gained 4lbs and almost sleeps through the night(wakes up once! MAYBE twice!!)...so much different then ds who was colic and cried frm 12-6 am

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
#5 of 30 Old 02-25-2009, 11:40 AM

Phineas is 5 weeks, 1 day and he's smiling at us all the time and babbling. He is such a happy baby. At 4 weeks he'd gained 2 pounds but I think he had a growth spurt in the last week or so and has put on at least a pound more.

We have our last midwife visit when he's 6 weeks (next Wed.) so I'll know then.

Molly, mama to my 3 sweet boys.
: : hale:
#6 of 30 Old 02-25-2009, 12:15 PM

Lincoln is getting bigger all the time - no idea how much he weighs though, we'll find out at his check up Monday.

He "talks" to us ALL the time! Its so cute! He smiles, and laughs, and even stands up supported! He loves for us to hold him upright on our laps so that he can "stand" and jump around! Its great. I had someone tell me not to hold him like that, and I had to tell them that he gets mad when we don't sometimes b/c he loves it! He also experiments with his facial expressions too - last week he was doing the "pouty" mouth with his bottom lip stuck out!

I love being his mom!
#7 of 30 Old 02-25-2009, 08:20 PM

Naomi has been rolling over since 2 weeks, scared the heck outta me! Lilly took months to be able to roll over. She smiled for the first time on the 5th (4 weeks) and coos now. I'm waiting excitedly for a laugh--she gets so close. She loves being smiled at and smiling. She also likes to 'walk' up me. It's so great, seeing those smiles. They were just a few in the beginning, in the morning, now they happen more and more. She seems to love mobiles--they make her grin really big and do her almost laugh. She also loves her sister--I'm so glad they're getting along great.

Thyra--I think the concern is from that old asian carrier issue--they had the baby standing and it damaged their leg development (malformed the legs). But as long as you're not forcing it and not doing it all the time, it's fine. I let Lilly do that and Naomi does, too a little and Lilly's legs are fine and she wasn't an early walker (started walking right around 12 months, though she cruised for a long time before that, like since she was 6 or 7 months? we thought she'd walk before she crawled, but she did end up crawling first).

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#8 of 30 Old 02-26-2009, 03:06 AM

*squeee* all our babies are doing exciting things!

(though, dude, mine's nowhere near rolling over. go baby iowaorganic!)
#9 of 30 Old 02-26-2009, 11:03 PM

Aw, they are growing up so fast. Almost makes me want another. Elizabeth is smiling and cooing like crazy. She has sort of rolled over, but I don't count it b/c it is more rolling into me on the bed to nurse, and since I'm heavier, she's just sort of rolling with the angle of the bed.

Amanda, momma to Caroline (5/31/05) and Mary Elizabeth (1/8/09)
#10 of 30 Old 02-27-2009, 11:55 AM

Avery is smiling and cooing and oh so cute! She tries to stick out her tongue if I stink mine out.

She's thinking about batting at toys. She's looking at the toys in her bouncy chair, and those arms are going, but she can't quite get them to hit the toys.

She's a much better sleeper than DD1. A's up at 3ish, 6ish and 9ish. Sleeping from 8or9 till 3. HUGE chunk of time compared to my first who nursed every 1.5-2 hours, aruond the clock, for a year.
#11 of 30 Old 02-27-2009, 07:26 PM

Myra is such a good baby. She gives me at least 5-6 hours in a row every night. DD1 never did that. She's smiling and making little noises now, starting to bat and grab at her toys. She's such a peaceful little girl

Here are some pics
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...tflowers-1.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1.../DSC_0021e.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...lieandMyra.jpg

and my personal favorite
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...gouttounge.jpg

mom to Reaghan born underwater into midwife's hands 1/17/07 & Myra born surrounded by doulas and midwife at home 1/12/09. Birth Educator, and Photographer, Baby #3 Coming May 2013!

#12 of 30 Old 02-28-2009, 12:03 AM

dh got O to sound like he was laughing tonight.

Otherwise he's been cooing for a few weeks and for a week now he's been batting at toys.

He's been sleeping 4-5 hours in a row during the first stretch at night.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#13 of 30 Old 02-28-2009, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallielynn01 View Post
That is too cute!

Hyden is so different than his brother was. He's just really laid back and not in a hurry to do much of anything. We did get a smile out of him the other day and he's been rolling from his tummy to his back a few times. And he's been sleeping a few hours at a time at night - something Elijah didn't do for months. And it's adorable to see them interact. Anytime we ask Elijah if he wants to hold his brother he drops anything he's doing and runs over to us with a big smile on his face and his arms out
#14 of 30 Old 03-01-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijahs Momma View Post
That is too cute!

Hyden is so different than his brother was. He's just really laid back and not in a hurry to do much of anything. We did get a smile out of him the other day and he's been rolling from his tummy to his back a few times. And he's been sleeping a few hours at a time at night - something Elijah didn't do for months. And it's adorable to see them interact. Anytime we ask Elijah if he wants to hold his brother he drops anything he's doing and runs over to us with a big smile on his face and his arms out
This is my DD2 as well! She's so chill compared to DD1, I wonder how much of this has to do with us as moms, and our relaxation level. The first 6 weeks were a breeze this time. This baby sleeps 5-6 sometimes even more, in a row at night, I swear DD1 never went more than 2 hours in a rown till she was over a year! And even then, didn't sleep through the night till she night weaned at 18 months or so. DD1 LOVES to hold her sister, and is so gentle and sweet, gives her kissed every morning, helps me to know when she wakes up if she's in the bedroom sleeping, its sooo much easier this time around! I was nervous about having that newborn sleep deprivation, the way I did with DD1, and having to wrangle a toddler as well, but its been such a pleasent suprise that I don't! I think its help with the baby blues as well, I had a rough time with DD1,

mom to Reaghan born underwater into midwife's hands 1/17/07 & Myra born surrounded by doulas and midwife at home 1/12/09. Birth Educator, and Photographer, Baby #3 Coming May 2013!

#15 of 30 Old 03-02-2009, 12:55 AM

Aviendha has been making noises since her first day, not really coos but more like dinosaur noises. Now she makes all sort of noises including giggling. She has lots to say.

She loves to do the stand on lap jumpy thing like Lincoln, Thyra. Sometimes, she doesn't want anything but to do that.

She is SUCH a good baby.....sleeping well by herself in the cradle now with occasional naps on my chest when I get a nap too. She has just grown out of her onesies length wise but is so skinny that the next size doesn't fit right. Going to JoAnns to hopefully find a onesie extender. She is also a super pee-er and soaks her newborn diapers so quickly. Next size up it is!

Some pictures!

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...9/DSCN0516.jpg
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...9/DSCN0725.jpg
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...9/DSCN0772.jpg

And my favorite:
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...s/DSCN0843.jpg

Kathy Soup
Loving wife to an amazing SAHD : Mommy to Aviendha 01/19/09
#16 of 30 Old 03-02-2009, 02:47 AM

Brinn is smiling a ton, trying sooo hard to laugh, cooing a lot, she looooves to stand up (obviously with my help , swiping at toys...I think that's about it other than pooping...that is her favorite activity

She's changing sooo much, she doesn't have the 'newborn' look to her anymore

pic
in her cute dipe
#17 of 30 Old 03-03-2009, 04:52 PM

Miriam is a pretty good baby as long as she's nursing or sleeping on me - lol. She's become a real mama's girl lately. She is 6 weeks and smiling, cooing, and doing the 'standing' thing too. Last week she weighed 8 lb 12 oz (7.5 at birth) so she's little still but she has grown out of most newborn stuff. Its so sad to pack clothes away already.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...7/IMG_3163.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...7/IMG_3271.jpg

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#18 of 30 Old 03-05-2009, 02:22 AM

Zephan is 6 weeks adjusted age (almost 4 months actual) and he's doing a lot of the same things your babies are. Smiling, cooing, giggling, sucking on his hands. He is looking around a lot. He's got great head control and yesterday we put him in a jumper/exersaucer thing. He thought it was so cool.

He's gained over 6 pounds...from 3 pounds 13 ounces when he was born in November to about 10 pounds now!
#19 of 30 Old 03-05-2009, 10:53 AM

Sbrinton - Thats great to hear that Zephan is doing so well!

As for my baby I'm so proud!! We went to ped yesterday and he weighs 12lbs 12oz!! (He's 7weeks 4days) All on mama's milk too! He's getting so big he's filling out his 3-6month clothes - NOTHING that is 0-3 fits anymore! It's hilarious.

He's also laughing about doing things. Its great - he's in the bedroom kicking blankets off of himself and laughing about it!
#20 of 30 Old 03-05-2009, 05:19 PM

Gabriel is cooing and laughing all the time now, which is just hilarious!

He's an angel baby and is sleeping wonderfully well at night - pretty much from 8-11pm, then wakes up for some giggles (and often some time on the webcam with Grandma & Grandpa), then nurses and goes to sleep until 7am. That does include one or two diaper changes & nursing sessions for which I don't really have to wake up fully.

I never expected such a mellow baby. DP says he did - I guess DP's personality is shining through our LO! Thank goodness; I was not an easy baby myself! He only cries when he had a need to be met, and really is so sweet with us.

He adores his bath - smiling and splashing or just blissing out looking like he's meditating. He doesn't cry even when he gets sprinkled with water or water in his eyes, only when he's actually being taken out and dried off! He loves his bath so much that I've taken to giving him half of his bath, leaving him in his little tub while I shower (with an eye on him every second, of course!) and then finishing his bath after I've gotten dressed. (He does have a little terry hammock thing that sits him in his tub securely.)

During the day he spends a lot of time in the sling - just observing and sleeping a lot. He also spends some time in the little bouncer seat when the sling gets to be too much for me - he's generally happy to let us eat our meals while talking to him there!

We are very much in love and enjoying being his parents!

Some photos:
http://picasaweb.google.com/sarahjoy...eat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.com/sarahjoy...eat=directlink

Mama to Gabriel (1-10-2009) and newborn Helena (10-9-2011) h20homebirth.gif with DP Julio.  ...cloth diapering, attachment parenting, infant EC-ing, etc.

#21 of 30 Old 03-06-2009, 12:49 PM

Ella will be 6 weeks old tomorrow. We, too, are enjoying lots of cooing and giggles. She's very content most of the time. Her brothers loving too much on her is about all that gets her upset. Daddy has to learn to start talking to her more--it's definately time to ineract with this little one!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#22 of 30 Old 03-07-2009, 12:46 PM

Sarah - Gabriel is a cutie! Love all the pics

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#23 of 30 Old 03-08-2009, 05:48 PM

i haven't been online here in a while. it's so great to see baby fotos!

anja is also smiling, cooing.

this week she went from being able to push up, lift her head & chest, and topple over (does that count as a half roll? ;0) ), to being able to do that & not topple over.

she also went from HATING the carseat to being AOK in it ~ which is really nice for mommy!

she is sleeping thrdunno u the nite - barely waking up. i if you could even call it waking up 'cuz it's me putting my nipple near her mouth & her, in half-sleep, MAYBE eating. or me waking her up to offer the potty.

i'm sure i'm biased but i think she is the cutest! ;0)

here are pix

DD 12/08
#24 of 30 Old 03-08-2009, 06:26 PM

Cove's precious! So mellow, giving big smiles, and cooing, when he is awake which isn't too often. He's been really sick with RSV, even hospitalized at Swedish Medical last week, poor guy. But he's ok. Back home, trying to get better now. But he is a moose, 14.5 lbs a week and a half ago. He was 6 weeks thursday. Here's some pics.

http://s387.photobucket.com/albums/o.../Cove%20Keith/
#25 of 30 Old 03-14-2009, 02:48 PM

My little Mama Safi sleeps so much, we din't get much out of her. We've gotten some huge smiles and yesterday and today she cooed

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...ereyeonyou.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...fiat7weeks.jpg

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
#26 of 30 Old 03-14-2009, 07:58 PM

Kallie is doing awesome! She has gained over three pounds, and has grown 2.5 inches. She smiles and coos, and her latest milestone, rolling! She wants to do it all day long! lol She is getting a lot of control with her neck too.

Smiling Pic:
http://s527.photobucket.com/albums/c...rrent=0065.jpg

Tummy Time, she's so strong!:
http://s527.photobucket.com/albums/c...urrent=024.jpg

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#27 of 30 Old 03-15-2009, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMa View Post
Kallie is doing awesome! She has gained over three pounds, and has grown 2.5 inches. She smiles and coos, and her latest milestone, rolling! She wants to do it all day long! lol She is getting a lot of control with her neck too.

Smiling Pic:
http://s527.photobucket.com/albums/c...rrent=0065.jpg

Tummy Time, she's so strong!:
http://s527.photobucket.com/albums/c...urrent=024.jpg
Wow, she looks like such a big girl already. Look at all of that hair

#28 of 30 Old 03-15-2009, 11:40 AM

Dylan is over 14 pounds and 24 inches long now (9 weeks)! He's such a big boy! He's smiling and cooing and laughing and "talking" all the time! One of his favorite things to do is run in place, where he flails all his limbs at once and gets really excited. It's hilarious and adorable!
He's not rolling over yet, and he's not a big fan of tummy time, but he does have great head control and holds it up all the time now.

SAHM to DS Jan09, DD Mar11. lactivist.gifintactivist.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpguc.jpgwinner.jpggd.gifcaffix.gif

#29 of 30 Old 03-28-2009, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel616 View Post
Dylan is over 14 pounds and 24 inches long now (9 weeks)! He's such a big boy! He's smiling and cooing and laughing and "talking" all the time! One of his favorite things to do is run in place, where he flails all his limbs at once and gets really excited. It's hilarious and adorable!
He's not rolling over yet, and he's not a big fan of tummy time, but he does have great head control and holds it up all the time now.
I enjoyed the Daily Dylan

#30 of 30 Old 03-29-2009, 10:27 AM

Myra is 11 weeks now, 12 lbs, 23 inches long, and has been smiling up a storm. She's making all sorts of little laugh sounds that are just making me fall in love with her. She's enjoying her baths, I have a bath hammock thing she lays on in the big tub and she just got crazy kicking her legs, she's starting to grab onto toys and such now. Still sleeping through the night, althought Ive had to wake her up around 4 am the past few days to eat due to an engorged right breast! ugh. Here are some pics of me and my girl that I took last week.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...rettyandme.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...meandmommy.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ommyatexpo.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...phantshirt.jpg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page