Anyone else not DTD yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-01-2009, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I'm 11 week pp and dh and I haven't dtd. I've gotten the green light from MW, and I'm not sore anymore (though for weeks I felt absolutely turned inside out). I had a bad ER experience being treated for a UTI and didn't want anyone or anything going near my girlie parts for a while. I know bfing decreases sex drive, and I think that's why I'm just not interested. I also just feel really unsexy. DH doesn't seem to be too broken up about it. I also think cosleeping makes it really hard. And I can barely make time to go to the bathroom. How will I make time for sex? I can't be the only one in this boat.

I should probably be doing something else right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 04-01-2009, 04:34 PM

You're not. I'm too scared still. Although my tear FINALLY feels better, I think I'm going to wait a little while longer just to be sure. My boyfriend wants it bad though, so now that I'm feeling a little better we'll probably try soonish.

I also feel very unsexy though. I can relate.
#3 of 11 Old 04-03-2009, 01:11 AM

I DTD once about 5ish weeks after delivery (I had a c/s) but it hurt like hell cuz my parts shrank or something and I was so afraid of getting pregnant again I didn't want to risk it, so then Monday I got my IUD put in and have been bleeding heavily from that, so I want to but I can't, also time is a factor DH works 2 jobs and we cosleep also so that kinda puts a damper on things. Hopefully soon I will stop bleeding though and we can try again. I also agree that I feel very unsexy, I look like the Michelin man with my belly roll thing I got happening.
#4 of 11 Old 04-03-2009, 05:41 PM

we haven't. I'm not interested right now and DH is being very understanding. It happened with our first as well.
#5 of 11 Old 04-05-2009, 03:46 AM

We finally did today. We tried at 6 weeks pp, but it hurt so much (I'd shrunk so much I felt like a virgin!) we stopped and I was scared to try again. Hormones overrode fear today and I'm really hoping that that "period" I had 2 weeks ago was just a false one and not really my fertility coming back because Naomi sleeps through the night (8 hours straight some nights--we cosleep, she just likes long sleep periods!) because if it was my fertility... lol, we might get our first "oops" baby (not that I'd really be opposed, nor that I actually think it will happen).

I didn't think of the timing until it was too late >_< So used to TTC, forgot about condoms!

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#6 of 11 Old 04-06-2009, 12:11 AM

We did once at about 6 weeks. I don't really know why we haven't since then, since it was fine - no pain or anything, just a little weird. We're both tired, though, and I feel royally unsexy and uninterested. I want to be interested, but I'm not. My MW actually warned me - she said when I start to want it again, I'd better use protection, because it probably means I've started ovulating again!

SAHM to DS Jan09, DD Mar11. lactivist.gifintactivist.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpguc.jpgwinner.jpggd.gifcaffix.gif

#7 of 11 Old 04-06-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthmg View Post
we haven't. I'm not interested right now and DH is being very understanding. It happened with our first as well.
How long did it last with your first?

SAHM to DS Jan09, DD Mar11. lactivist.gifintactivist.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpguc.jpgwinner.jpggd.gifcaffix.gif

#8 of 11 Old 04-06-2009, 06:53 PM

My husband says a year, but I don't think it was that long. I was also having major thyroid issues, which are now under control with medicine, so that may have impacted it. Right now I'm just really tired from parenting 2 kids, touched out by tandem nursing and frankly, my little one knows when I am not next to him in the bed and wakes up. He is also a very light sleeper, so doing it nexgt to him isn't an option either. Like I said, my husband is VERY understanding.
#9 of 11 Old 04-07-2009, 12:56 AM

We just can't seem to find/make time to get interested - and to both be in the same room when the other has time... I'm back at work, FT, nights, he works days. We're like two very exhausted ships (literally) passing in the night.
#10 of 11 Old 04-07-2009, 01:28 PM

You can add me to the club. I am so not interested in sex right now, it is sorta scary. Plus, DH is being kinda of an a$$ so that makes me want it even less.
#11 of 11 Old 04-07-2009, 06:46 PM

SO quit being interested halfway through my pregnancy. And now I am so not wanting it. Between decreased sex drive from BFing and feeling so unsexy from smelling like spit up all the time, there is no way. And with BFing, I get a little touched out. The other kids try to hug me and I'm like, "Get away."

Comforts of Home Midwifery

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page