#1 of 22 Old 04-07-2009, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, ladies, how's everyone doing?

How's recovery going?

How's nursing working?

How's baby?

Are you working? Are you tired? Are you having any troubles? Let's chat!
#2 of 22 Old 04-07-2009, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

I'll start!

How's recovery going? - Very well. Had a MW visit last week, she said she can tell I've been doing my kegals and that all is well. Talked about BC. No decision yet.

How's nursing working? Sooooo much easier this time around! I had flat nipples the first time around, but DD1 fixed that. This baby is such an easy nurser.

How's baby? She's awesome. Dx'd with reflux and put on Axid, which I totally hate to do but she was obviously in pain and nothing we were doing was helping in any way. She seems much better now, but she's still holding in poop for 2-3 days and obviously is uncomfortable about that.

Are you working? Are you tired? Are you having any troubles? I'm back to work, went back at 11 weeks PP. Exhausted. So ired my eyelids are twitching today.

DD1 (2.5 yo) has decided to give up npping some days, which I am 100% opposed to. Dang it, we all need a break! But she's doing really, really well with this whole baby thing. She has taken to saying "Baby, I am so glad you're here!" I have no idea where she got that from, but I think it's adorable!
#3 of 22 Old 04-07-2009, 01:00 PM

How's recovery going?
All recovered. Though I did not tear. but at the MW check she said the kegals got everything back to normal too. yea!

How's nursing working?
awesome! I love nursing! Makes me so sad to be at work and have to pump...I just want to be home nursing. lol

How's baby?
Amazing! She is so strong! And she has become so interactive and is playing with toys now and laughing out loud. It is so awesome!

Are you working? Are you tired? Are you having any troubles?
Yeah at work...boo to that! Am in therapy because I had PPD and separation anxiety so bad... doing better with it but am racking my brain everyday to figure out a way to be a SAHM, but have not come up with anything good yet that will pay the bills. Tired... yeah, check! lol DD usually sleeps a 7 hour stretch through the night, but her normal choice of bedtime is midnight... I have to get up at 4 am for work. : Not cool. Though the past two nights she went down at 10!!! Last night she woke at 3am today though... but I think she is trying to change to a more normal night routine.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#4 of 22 Old 04-07-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _betsy_ View Post
DD1 (2.5 yo) has decided to give up npping some days, which I am 100% opposed to. Dang it, we all need a break!
My DS (also 2.5) just totally gave up naps too Consequently he's been watching more tv... it will be easier once it gets nice out.

How's recovery going? I'm finally feeling almost all better (dtd included)

How's nursing working? Much better then my low supply with DS but Miriam is still only gaining 3 oz. a week. We'll see at her next WBV next week.

How's baby? She sleeps great and is really happy most of the time

I'm just worn out by DS mostly. Luckily he loooves my parents and goes there overnight one weekend a month. That really helps. Most days I've had it by the time DH gets home. Tuesdays are the worst because he gets home at 7:30 after DS is in bed.

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#5 of 22 Old 04-07-2009, 06:13 PM

How's recovery going?
I'm finally feeling alot better, but still way too scared to dtd. My scar has healed finally, but its still sore and hasn't stretched out enough yet.

How's nursing working?
fantastic!! I LOVE bf'ing, and its seriously the easiest thing about motherhood so far!

How's baby?
Wonderful - he's the best. He never cries, and today has been laughing a bunch! He's almost 15lbs at 12 weeks - I'm amazed by how much bigger he is than he was!

Not working, but I'm kinda in school - which is hard. I should have taken this semester off! I battled a little with PPD I think - didn't ever actually get diagnosed though - but since I went to my midwife and they sent me to a gyn who used silver nitrate on my tear I've been feeling much better both physically and mentally.

I also decided to take an incomplete in my class this semester so that I can write the big paper over the summer instead of over the next few weeks, which has made it so that I can just enjoy Lincoln being a baby for the rest of the semester! It's so nice to not have to worry about anything really for the next few weeks.
#6 of 22 Old 04-07-2009, 08:27 PM

How's recovery going?
Good! Completely healed, have a checkup on Monday to verify that my Mirena IUD is working (had it for 5 weeks now) and good to go. Had been trying to DTD with condoms, but the latex kept grabbing at my epi scar no matter how much lube. Once I get the okay that the Mirena is working, will be able to ease back into DTD.

How's nursing working? Fantasticly. Aviendha has been an amazing latcher since day one, and doesn't have a problem with the bottle either.

How's baby? Perfect! She holds her head up like a champ and I swear she'll start talking any day now. Her first word will be "Hi" or "Yeah". She's communicating so much. She is definitely a daddy's girl and likes boys already. She totally prefers guys to girls, except for her momma. When I get home from work, she always has a huge grin for me.

Are you working? Are you tired? Are you having any troubles? Been working for about 6 weeks now. It's going not too badly, especially since I get to leave Avi home with her daddy. I'm tired, but not as tired as I thought I would be. Having some issues with the grandparents. My mother gets SO excited to see Avi that she kinda spazzes out. She holds Avi in ways that she doesn't like, talks to her in a voice that annoys her and just doesn't adjust to things that she prefers. So I have to talk to her today.

And then my mother-in-law apparently thinks we don't dress her warmly enough. But this kid gets so hot, holy crap. She usually is only wearing a onesie and socks most of the time. She sleeps with a light blanket and when we take her outside she has blankets on her carseat. As soon as she gets inside, we have her out of those. She got her grandpa's thermometer. But seriously, its pissing me off that she talked to my sister-in-law about it and not us. BAH!

Kathy Soup
Loving wife to an amazing SAHD : Mommy to Aviendha 01/19/09
#7 of 22 Old 04-08-2009, 04:52 PM

How's recovery going?
I think that has gone fine. We try to dtd twice a week, but that isn't nearly enough for dh.

How's nursing working?
OK. Last week O decided that he really, really wanted more bottles rather than nursing. This week has gone better. I'm struggling to keep up enough milk in the fridge.

How's baby?
He can sleep through anything, but as he falls asleep he needs it to be dark and quiet. Sometimes that is hard to do with 4 other kids in the house. He sleeps from 10 to 6 so I try to get an extra pumping session in during the night when I'm up checking on one of the other kids.

I'm back to work full time and it is busy. It helps to know that he is home with his daddy. I'm tired, but that is more from work craziness.

And Betsy: have you tried infant massage to help get the bowels moving?

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#8 of 22 Old 04-08-2009, 07:50 PM

How's recovery going? My terrible hemorrhoids are gone, and my tear has healed, but I think my vag is bigger now. Like if I'm moving around and bending over, it sucks in air (sorry, TMI). Still a little nervous about dtd, but getting my libido back.

How's nursing working? Elliot's a champ nurser. Never had a problem besides sore nipples and a couple of clogged ducts, all manageable.

How's baby? He's gained 6+ pounds since birth, and he's gotten a lot of neck/head control. He loves the bath and gets along well with the cats.

Working from home (we run a produce farm), and we're about to get very busy. It's hard to manage everything with a baby, and babywearing has not worked out as I had hoped. Even when it works I can't do much (like lift bales of potting soil or plant potatoes). So DH and I take turns mostly. I have to pump a lot, but Elliot takes a bottle well and has no nipple confusion. He only gets a bottle maybe twice a week, anyway. We just got a kickass stroller that we can take outside with us, so that will help a lot (when the weather improves).

I should probably be doing something else right now.
#9 of 22 Old 04-08-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmann View Post
my tear has healed, but I think my vag is bigger now. Like if I'm moving around and bending over, it sucks in air (sorry, TMI).
Umm...ME TOO!!!! This is the weirdest thing EVER! I think for its that part of my tear healed open though...like I think some of the stitches dissolved early and so it healed open. I don't know...its weird. Like my vag is definitely bigger b/c some of what tore is still open and only half of it got sewed together? Thats what it looks like anyway.
#10 of 22 Old 04-08-2009, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

Good lord, you people are DTD already? Who has the time, energy or inclination to do *that*???

Seriously, I'm impressed!

We've tried a lot of the more natural, homeopathic-style things to get her to poop. DH is a chiropractor, and he has adjusted both kids since their births. Infant massage makes DD2 giggle, but not poop!
#11 of 22 Old 04-09-2009, 10:09 AM

How's recovery going? It was strange as recovering from this c/s from my last was light-years different. The only thing I am struggling with still is some effects of having pushed (pushed very hard mind you) for 7 hours. Some of the muscles are a bit confused still, but kegels thank god are helping. I agree with Besty - who has the energy to be DTD? I've mustered enough now twice and then promptly passed out from exhaustion.

How's nursing working? Sam is a nursing champ, but is starting to get lax with his latch. Actually he's just lazy and will numerous times just let the nipple fall out. Pumping is going great at work - with a lovely average of 20 oz per day. Its so much more than last time, that I have a HUGE stockpile in my freezer. :

How's baby? Sam-bo is great, huge, and happy. Our new doctor (since we had moved) was shocked to him at 15lbs at his 2month WBV. We shrugged since it was the same as our first. Sam is one very chill baby, almost too calm. Its weird, maybe he's picking up on the fact my hubster and I are not freaking out over things (spit-up, crying, huge poopy blow out diapers, gas and etc.) Its night vs. day between him and my first son with their temperments at this age.

Are you working? Are you tired? Are you having any troubles? Let's chat! Back to work now for almost 2 weeks. Tired doesn't even cover how exhausted I feel. Some mornings I just want to hook myself up to a coffee I.V. to be able to keep moving. Exercise and Yoga I swear are saving my life right now. Work is yucky, more or less because of some terrible politics going on right now. I'm just trying to move myself into a better position (slightly different job) within my office, less drama and more personal control of what I do.
The best part of my day is coming home (since switching my schedule to be able to come home at 4pm). The kids are raring to go, we walk, play and all sorts of fun. ITS AWESOME.

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#12 of 22 Old 04-09-2009, 05:56 PM

How's recovery going? Well I'm recovered as much as I can be I guess. I'm still trying to get use to my post-pregnancy body: the stretch marks, the enormous boobs, etc. I'm feeling about as sexy as a deflated balloon could. BUT mostly I just think about my beautiful, beautiful baby and try not to let it bother me.

How's nursing working? Going great! DD was a champ from her first minute. Knew what she wanted, went for it, and hasn't had any trouble since. I love the breastfeeding bond and have yet to pump at all. However, I still feel awkward nursing in front of others though. I just worry about giving the room an eyeful!

How's baby? She amazes me daily. I haven't weighed her yet this week, but last week she just over 13 pounds at 9 weeks. Her cheeks are sooo chubby!
She's really getting into toys and will entertain herself playing! She continues to have high-strung evenings, but since we know that's the danger hours we try to just do whatever she wants and keep her smiling. Her main interests include batting at a toy zebra, eating!, smiling at her momma and dad, and staring at her reflection!

Are you working? Are you tired? Are you having any troubles? Let's chat! Not working, but I'm in school so that can get stressful. Thankfully, my mother comes over frequently to help me out so I can get work done. My only trouble is DD is growing big to fast! What happened to my newborn?!
#13 of 22 Old 04-09-2009, 09:45 PM

Recovery was easy, so I thought. I've been sick with a stomach flu multiple times since DD2's birth and each time, I start bleeding again. Not sure why? I have absolutely no desire to DTD and when we do, I bleed. I think my cervix just needs a break! I'm pretty sure I had / have PPD, but I haven't been seen for it and I'm not going to because I don't have time to see a counselor once a week.

Nursing hasn't been the best. Rayne has reflux and we had a rough start. She would only nurse for maybe 5 minutes total at a time. She wasn't doing well with let-down either. She's doing much better now although she's still finicky. I was never able to supplement with MM either because she wouldn't take a bottle once she was done nursing. When she was finished her 5 minutes, she was DONE and that's that.

Rayne is OK - she still cries a lot and I'm getting better at coping. We have her on Prevacid and that seems to help. She currently wants nothing to do with the sling. She must be held upright in a certain position and moving to be happy. We don't get many breaks except in the evening where she sleeps from 8-12. She does smile though and she's beautiful. When she coos, my heart melts. When she cries, it breaks.

I start work tomorrow - wish me luck! I'm scare she won't take a bottle and I cry thinking about being away all the time. I will be gone 11 hours a day Mon-Fri. DH is home during the days, but it's still rough. I'm also taking classes - only a couple left before my MPH and I'm running again. I'm really not tired, believe it or not. Just sore and a little depressed.

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#14 of 22 Old 04-10-2009, 12:22 AM

How's recovery going?

All recovered! Other than I need to lose a little of the baby weight, I'm surprised how much quicker recovery was this time around.

How's nursing working?

Going well. Thankfully, this baby isn't much of a comfort nurser, DS#1 was pretty much attached to my boob 24-7 the first 3 months after he finally got the hang of nursing.

How's baby?

He's doing great! Very calm, sleeps wonderfully, very smiley.

Not working, I'm not due to go back to work until next January. DS #1 has been pushing every one of my buttons lately(screw the terrible 2s, 3 has been so much harder). Otherwise, he loves his little brother, giving him lots of hugs and kisses. Mentally, I'm not in a good place these days. It's not PPD, all circumstantial. So I'm super stressed out and feel so bad for DS#1 because my patience is really really thin. He and DS#2 deserve a better mother than they have gotten

Mom to DS#1 and DS#2 fencing.gif
#15 of 22 Old 04-10-2009, 09:36 AM

babyluvandkisses, have you thought about changing your diet somewhat? I have given up wheat, dairy and nuts and that has helped my son immensely. Maybe that will help Rayne's reflux.
#16 of 22 Old 04-10-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthmg View Post
babyluvandkisses, have you thought about changing your diet somewhat? I have given up wheat, dairy and nuts and that has helped my son immensely. Maybe that will help Rayne's reflux.
I did a total elimination diet for 4 weeks and I didn't really see any huge changes that I would definitely pin on diet, so I just went back to normal after that. I did notice; however, that I felt much better and am thinking about doing another elimination diet.

Today, I am back at work. I'm pumping, not mass quantities, but she's not drinking lots either. She's with my mom and she slept during the morning and woke up at lunch time and drank 1 1/2 ounces of MM FROM A BOTTLE! Then she just didn't want anymore. I'm so happy that she took the bottle : She cluster fed a lot between midnight and 5am this morning so I didn't expect her to want to eat much today.

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#17 of 22 Old 04-12-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthmg View Post
I want to second that. I am without chocolate and dairy for the time being. Chocolate makes Parker very gassy, cranky, and spits up a lot. When I eat dairy, he spits up enormous amounts, so that it looks like he didn't even retain any of what he ate. Fortunately he is still gaining weight and not cranky about it. I do still try and avoid it so I don't have to deal with the mess.

Comforts of Home Midwifery

#18 of 22 Old 04-12-2009, 11:20 PM

How's recovery going?
Great. No complaints here.

How's nursing working?
Awesome, other than the fact that I have had to give up dairy and chocolate.

How's baby?
He is growing so fast. He is very alert and rapidly seems more aware and can do more every day.

Are you working? Are you tired? Are you having any troubles
I am working very part time. I have a temporary babysitting job. I still do prenatals occasionally and am starting teaching childbirth classes again. I am exhausted, because my little brother came for a visit this week and we stayed up way to late while he was here.

Comforts of Home Midwifery

#19 of 22 Old 04-13-2009, 01:13 AM

How's recovery going?
Recovery from the birth was great. I had an IUD put in last week but it started coming out the same day so with some phone instructions from the MW, I removed it myself (I'm a family planning nurse so she felt comfortable with the less-than-standard approach)

How's nursing working?
Nursing itself is going great. I have loser boobs though and get mastitis all the time. The same thing happened with DD. I get deathly ill and it is so much harder being that sick with 2 kids now. I'm currently on antibiotics for the third time and DS is only 3 months old!

How's baby?
Phenomenal! He's a pretty mellow little guy, a nice change from his sister. Other than having to go dairy-free and his sleep falling apart 3 days before I had to go back to work, he's a dream!

Are you working? Are you tired? Are you having any troubles
I just went back 2 weeks ago. It sucks especially since DS has decided not to sleep well anymore. I have to get up at 4:30 am in order to have time to pump before getting ready and out the door. I work 10-1/2 hr shifts and then have to rush to pick up the kids from daycare, get home, make and serve dinner, bathe the kids, and put them to bed all by myself. DH had to change jobs and doesn't get home until after bedtime now. I have a whole new level of respect for single mamas!
#20 of 22 Old 04-13-2009, 05:16 PM

How's recovery going?
Good! I was pretty sore for a month or so after from a side tear, but everything is normal down there now. DP and I have DTD a number of times and in some ways it's better than before, but we still have to be cautious about some positions that can hurt me. I'm extremely impressed with my body; I was lucky to get no stretch marks on my belly and it is also nearly back to how it looked pre-pregnancy. Once I find time to do some yoga I think it'll go all the way back. I feel good and have plenty of energy.

How's nursing working?
Wonderfully! My LO is a good eater - latched on at 3 minutes old and we both continue to enjoy nursing. I am soooo thankful that we figured out the side-lying position early on since I really love being able to get him latched on and then fall back asleep. Neither of us really wake up for it!

How's baby?
Amazing! Gabriel is a happy, mellow baby who loves interacting with people and has been trying to stand up and even bounce since about 1 month old. Now that he's actually able to he is so pleased with himself. DP and I are loving watching him learn about his world. He's just starting to reach out to toys and sometimes grasping them to bring them to him, very exciting! We live in Costa Rica where baby wearing isn't too common (though breast-feeding is, thank goodness!) and so we get tons of comments when he's in the sling - everyone thinks he's so cute, asks "is he comfortable in there?", or comments "oh, must be just like when he was in your belly!" I thought I would hate that kind of thing, but it turns out that both of us love the attention!

Are you working?
I am so blessed to be completely available to my baby for right now. DP and I agreed that I would have the first 3 months just to be a mommy. That doesn't mean I haven't done anything work-related, but I've just been working behind the scenes (such as the urgent work email I finished and sent after I'd been in labor for 3.5 hours?!??! Or the nights under a deadline working 8-11:30pm while the baby sleeps?! Ugh... we are trying to figure out something better.) Since we have our own business, we have control over and flexibility about how I can integrate back into the daily running of it. I feel kind of bad because this is our high season (we do custom eco and adventure travel in Costa Rica!) and DP is shouldering nearly all the burden of emails, calls, and creating itineraries. I've been thinking about advertising for either a babysitter or personal assistant so I could get 3-4 hours of work done a day.

Are you tired?
My LO sleeps wonderfully well - for his whole 3rd month he pretty much feel asleep on his internal clock at 8pm, and slept until 11:30pm (give or take), woke up to nurse and to play for a short time, then slept again from about 12:30 to 7am. So... I haven't been feeling sleep deprived unless I stay up super late of my own volition - there have been a couple nights of cooking until 2am so I can do it uninterrupted!

Are you having any troubles?
I had mastitis twice and a plugged duct once - all of which were hell for a short time! Other than that I feel very lucky and blessed; I have an easy baby, motherhood comes naturally and I am content with my life situation. I am especially happy that my friends (the ones who live locally) adore and dote on DS and can't get enough of him... so we have potlucks and dinners out and he is more than invited along. I think that being able to have a social life post-baby was a worry for me and it is no longer.

Mama to Gabriel (1-10-2009) and newborn Helena (10-9-2011) h20homebirth.gif with DP Julio.  ...cloth diapering, attachment parenting, infant EC-ing, etc.

#21 of 22 Old 04-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Say

How's recovery going? Super. I can't believe that I gave birth three months ago.

How's nursing working?
Wonderful. She still has days where it feels like she wants to nurse every hour, but mostly I don't mind and enjoy it.

How's baby? Becoming fussier (we think she's teething), smiling, laughing, cooing, making talking sounds, wanting to sit up in our laps all the time, putting everything in her mouth, practicing standing, riveted by everything she sees.

Are you working?
No. Are you tired? Some days. Are you having any troubles? I'd love it if she napped for more than twenty minutes so I could get things done! Hopefully, that will come.
#22 of 22 Old 04-22-2009, 05:10 PM

We had our offer accepted on a house so we will be moving in May!!!!! Please send some unpacking fairies my way! Once we are moved we'll put our house on the market.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page