Happy Babies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-13-2009, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do any of you who homebirthed notice a difference from other hospital born babies as far as personality and disposition?

Annabelle is much calmer than my other two were. My two oldest were born in the hospital. Anna is such a happy baby. She rarely ever cries. The problem is, because I am so used to her being happy, when she does cry its intense. She also isnt a clingy baby. She likes to be put on her little mat on the floor and played with as opposed to being held all the time. I think that may have something to do with the fact that I wear her a lot.

I dont know, she just seems to be healthier and happier than my other babies were and I was wondering if its just a fluke or if it has something to do with the way she was brought into being.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2009, 04:11 PM

We didn't have a homebirth, but I must say that my baby is almost always SUPER happy. She only cries when she needs something, and even then, the cries are more of a "Dearest daddy, I would greatly appreciate a fresh diaper". The only times she cries really hard is if her poor intestines are causing her pain or if she is really REALLY tired.

So it sounds like its probably a bit of the type of baby she is. At least that would be my completely unmedical opinion.

Kathy Soup
Loving wife to an amazing SAHD : Mommy to Aviendha 01/19/09
Old 05-15-2009, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

I was just discussing with my MIL today that she worries me... She is so awesome and happy and well behaved that I fear that its all too good to be true. She will probably be my rebellious teen!
Old 05-19-2009, 10:02 PM

Although all my births were planned homebirths, all ended up being c-sections. BUT, I have to say this baby is a super happy baby. Perhaps, it has to do with being the THIRD baby even more than homebirth vs. hospital birth. (Don't get me wrong--I believe homebirth is optimal and provides many benefits.) I've just heard sooo many people say how their third baby was so easy. (And the fourth easier yet.)

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Old 05-21-2009, 10:07 PM

First baby, born via c-section and I've got to say he is the calmest, happiest and most alert baby on the block. Strangers even comment on it! I think it's more a matter of disposition.

User Tag List