2009 Thread yet...?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 04-16-2008, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I just found out monday that I am expecting. Due date in jan 09...yet I dont see any posts for 09 yet. Am I looking in the wrong spot?? I'm still wet behind the ears on this site. Newbie help!!! TIA
#2 of 13 Old 04-16-2008, 08:25 PM

Are you sure you calculated right? I think a Jan 1st EDD would put you at ovulating last Thursday and it would be awful early to test positive if that was the case.

Stay at home mom to three little boys born 6-06, 12-08, and 4-11.
#3 of 13 Old 04-16-2008, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

I O'ed on the 27th, so counting 40 weeks, puts me at the first of Jan. I am not going by the date of the dr.'s EDD, bc they always go by the first day of your last period, which you don't even O for another app. 2 weeks-ish. (at least I don't)
#4 of 13 Old 04-16-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferadurham View Post
I O'ed on the 27th, so counting 40 weeks, puts me at the first of Jan. I am not going by the date of the dr.'s EDD, bc they always go by the first day of your last period, which you don't even O for another app. 2 weeks-ish. (at least I don't)
Yes, gestation is counted from last menstrual period, and if you chose to calculate from ovulation you should add 38 weeks (or nine months minus one week). I know I ovulated on or around the 22nd, and I list my duedate as mid-December (Dec 15th). Though of course babies pick their due dates and if you know you tend to gestate long I have no problem with women telling people a due date that is closer to when they think the little one will actually come. Even if you are completely average there's a four week range where they could come, which means you might just have a January baby .

Stay at home mom to three little boys born 6-06, 12-08, and 4-11.
#5 of 13 Old 04-16-2008, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

So I asked around, and some other women said that people go off their period dates bc they dont know when they O'ed. So I know when I O'ed, and I'm going to go with that date even though the dr probably won't. Oh well... I guess I'd just like to be PG longer lol!!! Crazy me!!!!!!!
#6 of 13 Old 04-17-2008, 12:01 AM

Here's the due date calculator I use. It gives you a pretty accurate due date based on ovulation or LMP.
http://ivf.ca/calcu.htm

When was your LMP? Mine was March 26 and I'm assuming I did O on day 14 as I had a lot of EWCM, so my due date would only be Dec. 30th and the earliest I can test would only be Friday (at 9dpo). Even though you may not be technically due in January, you are close enough that you can very well only have your baby in 2009. Congratulations!
#7 of 13 Old 04-25-2008, 12:49 PM

I was looking for Jan 2009 too. My EDD is late Dec. but I may have baby in Jan. si I will junp around both threads. I would think it would be up soon
#8 of 13 Old 04-25-2008, 01:21 PM

Yup, I am due in January. My EDD is the third. I got my first positive at 8DPIUI.
#9 of 13 Old 04-25-2008, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

If I go by the first day of last period: due date is dec19

date of O: jan 2

I'm counting exactly 40 weeks. and date of O is approximate. I know that I O'ed anywhere from march 22-29. So who the heck knows. I'm going May2 for an u/s...so we shall see!
#10 of 13 Old 04-28-2008, 04:58 AM

I was just thinking the same thing. I am due the first week of January 2009

Mandy, Mama to three wildfire girls and another little one on the way. Due 1/30/13

#11 of 13 Old 04-28-2008, 09:31 AM

yep...me too. congrats to the others that are also looking for january! my second line is VERY faint, but i'm hoping! jan 5th seems to be my EDD.
#12 of 13 Old 04-28-2008, 02:54 PM

yes I'm somewhere in between last week of dec, first week of jan with the LMP/O split. I think I O'ed pretty late, so it throws things off date-wise.

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#13 of 13 Old 04-28-2008, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just found this! I'm so happy right now to be on this thread!!! I"m glad to talk to ladies that are going through the exact timing as me! It's hard to talk to women that are several months further than me. Well, not hard, but I'd rather talk to ya'll!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page