January 2009 Roll Call! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 183 Old 05-16-2008, 01:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!
I'm Rachel. My husband, Ryan, and I have been married for almost three years. We have a bunny named Enid and a shelter mutt named Sasha. Our son, Luke, was born on 4/11/07, and we just found out we're expecting baby #2 in mid-January (I think). I only had one post-partum period in April, and I got the + preg. test on Monday, so I'm not quite sure when we conceived.

We used an OB for our first birth because it was "easier" and I was nervous. I wanted a completely natural birth, but when you try to labor for 52 hours and push for 5.5 in a hospital, they get a little ansty. i ended up with pitocin and a half-dose of nubain (because "you need to sleep or you won't be able to push and you'll have to have a c-section"). We've since switched to a midwife.

I'm happy to meet you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 183 Old 05-17-2008, 04:17 PM

Hi everyone!
I just got my bfp yesterday at 11 dpo. This will be baby #2 for me and I am due in late January. My dd turned 3 in Feb, we're still nursing and we'll see where it goes with me being pg.
I had a induced hospital birth with dd at 37 weeks due to severe pre-e, but plan to take better care of myself this go round and am looking forward to interviewing homebirth midwives soon!
#63 of 183 Old 05-17-2008, 04:52 PM

Aloha!

We just found out we are expecting #7! We have 4 boys 2 girls and a kitty. I am a SAHM. I am still nursing my almost 2 yr old and will try to keep up until she's ready to wean.

We have been planning a big move for a while but this baby means we have too. We need to live somewhere more affordable and we need more space.....

I am still adjusting to thr reality of being pregnant again. I was just starting to get a little normalacy back in my life, lol. And I was working hard to lose weight....that's out the window....I am ravanous all day, lol.

Aloha
Lori
#64 of 183 Old 05-17-2008, 06:41 PM

Hi, I'm Phoebe and I'm 27 with a 2 yr old ds and a kitty. We live in Alaska and I'm due with #2 Jan 3. I just found out I conceived in April--big surprise for me because I could swear it happened in March! We are all really excited! I will be trying for a VBAC.

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
#65 of 183 Old 05-18-2008, 01:13 AM

Hello and Congratulations to all you Mama's. I am happily married, mom to 5year old son, and 3 year old daughter, and 4 weeks pregnant...due on 1/24/09. We live in Asheville, NC and unschool our family. I concieved my first two with what seemed like a thought...right away, but this one took us 7 months. So, I am feeling ever so grateful and excited!!!!!!

Enjoy your pregnancy!
#66 of 183 Old 05-18-2008, 07:14 PM

Hello. I'm Kim, 27.

I am popping in here for now. I will probably move to the Feb DDC when it opens because my due date is 1/30/09 and my babies are always one to two weeks late.

I'm a SAH Homeschooling mama to three and my dh is a full time student and also works full time. He graduates in December...just before baby comes!!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#67 of 183 Old 05-19-2008, 04:02 AM

Hello there. My name is Misty I'm 32 and DH is 35. We have been married 12 yrs and have two boys 1 and 3. Number 3 is due January 22nd.

I'm sorry this post sounds so dry, I couldn't think of anything interesting to say I'm just so tired! :yawning:

belly.gif to  jumpers.giflol.gif wonderful people with  baby.gif on the way!

#68 of 183 Old 05-19-2008, 12:20 PM

i just got a faint positive last night. i'm in a bit of shock. i didn't think it would happen so quickly. it took us 5 months to conceive dd, and only one month with this one. i hope it's sticky. : i think i would be due around Jan 29. i've been married for 6 1/2 years to a great guy. i hope that i have a better pregnancy this time around. i had bp issues with dd, and severe pre-e, a preemie and severe PPD. i hope to have a midwife this time around even if i have a hospital birth (which is likely).

Mummy to dd (Jan 13, '07) born by emergency c-section at 35 weeks due to severe pre-e  :ribboncesarean.gif and ds (Jan 30 '09) :hbac.gif and stork-suprise.gif    (06/11)
#69 of 183 Old 05-19-2008, 02:02 PM

My name is Autumn. I am happily married for 4+ years. We have a 3yr old boy. We have been trying since December. I had an IUD til October: I hated it. I beyond thrilled and I feel so blessed to be able to have another baby. My EDD is Jan 23rd.
#70 of 183 Old 05-19-2008, 05:40 PM

please take me off... we lost the baby....

thanks.

loving Mama to Killian (6/07) and Breckin (3/26)
#71 of 183 Old 05-19-2008, 11:32 PM

Pregnant for the first time. Due January 21. Married a little more than a year (we think "Squishy" may have been conceived on our anniversary). Planning a hospital birth with midwives, was sadly risked out of homebirth. I am a CNM and I'm looking forward to a forum where I can be a bit more of a mom than a professional. Trying to convince my hubby that CD is the way to go.... looking forward to learning and sharing.
#72 of 183 Old 05-19-2008, 11:33 PM

Can you please take me off the list? Another m/c this month....

Positive birthy vibes to all the Jan 09 mamas!

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#73 of 183 Old 05-20-2008, 03:20 PM

wow lots of new mommies joining! My due date was upped to 1/2 by ultrasound, woopee!!!
#74 of 183 Old 05-20-2008, 05:41 PM

Kelley, 27, mama to 4 boys. Due mid January.
#75 of 183 Old 05-20-2008, 10:53 PM

Hi! I'm Mandi and I just found out we're expecting our third child around January 27!
#76 of 183 Old 05-20-2008, 11:29 PM

Hi, my name is Libby, and I found out a few days ago that #1 is on the way! I'm due on 1/27 based on O date, 1/24 based on LMP. We're hoping for a home waterbirth! My first appointment with the midwives is on June 11th.
#77 of 183 Old 05-20-2008, 11:47 PM

Hello!

I'm pretty sure my EDD will be 1/20. I have one 18 month old DD who was born at a birth center in PA, but have since moved to super-rural southwest Virginia so I don't have that option this time. I'm trying to figure out how to have a midwife-attended birth in an area where no midwives have hospital privileges and I'm not feeling like a homebirth is for me (time will tell, though, as I do some more thinking and researching).

I've mostly lurked on MDC but am super excited to be part of a DDC. DD was unplanned and I didn't really get invested in any communities like this because I was so shell-shocked.
#78 of 183 Old 05-21-2008, 12:39 AM

Congrats to all of you! We just found out we are expecting #6 in January! Thrilled and excited and still just a bit shocked. Two c-sections and three homebirths and planning homebirth with this one, too. Feeling a bit sick already and real tired! Can't wait to chat with you all : ) Baby should arrive in late January.
#79 of 183 Old 05-21-2008, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm Ket! I'm married to DH Ben since Jan 07. We've got a 10 month old daughter, Morrigan, and #2 is now on the way. Due date? Uhh... Either late Jan. or early Feb.

I actually went to the OBGYN for a yearly pap and birth control when she had me take a preg test "Just to be sure" and found out it was too late for the b/c. I'm excited about this one... #1 was my dream birth and we're expecting #2 to be the same. I'm a little nervous about the whole "2 under 2" thing but, well, we'll get through it.

I start school June 30th to become a vet tech, which is 13 credit hours per quarter... all smashed into 2 days a week. So beware! I may be on here whining. Make me do homework!

Other than that, yeah. I feel like crap. No nausea so far but definately the peeing more often, the fatigue, and cravings.
#80 of 183 Old 05-21-2008, 11:39 AM

Hello all, my username is stinkytyphoon. Forgive me for not telling much about myself. I've learned to be mighty wary when posting private info publicly. I'm a a SAHM to a silly, wonderful toddler, Squirmie, and am about 7 wks pg with the Return of Squirmie. I'm due early Jan. Online due date calendars put me at Jan 6th, and since I was on-time with Squirmie, I see no reason to assume I'll be early or late....other than the fact that all pregnancies are different!

I'm part of a couple other parenting boards, but have always felt more comfortable here, even if I don't post much. So, Hello world!
#81 of 183 Old 05-21-2008, 12:47 PM

Hello, my name is OwensMa, and I'm pregnant. Due Jan 20/09. I'll edit my info once I know this babe is staying (see sig).
#82 of 183 Old 05-21-2008, 10:10 PM

Hi -

I **just** found out that #3 is coming. Late January. I'm scared.

We thought we were finished. Two boys. 5 and 2. I am 36 will be 37 soon after birth.

Had a hb with #2 and plan to with this one also.

Traci
#83 of 183 Old 05-21-2008, 10:36 PM

Well, after 4 years, 4 mc, SIF and coming to terms with not having anymore kids and selling/donating all of the baby loot (diapers, Ergo, stroller etc) just weeks ago I had several days of clues (sore breasts, fuller breasts, tiredness, weak stomach) followed by two DARK pink lines last night and confirmation from my doctor this afternoon. I am a tad unsure of my LMP date since we had stopped TTC a few months ago. But the baby is due not later than Jan 20th ( I recall the week I had my period in April). Excited, but after 4 mc we are nervous nellies. I had blood drawn today to check my hcg levels and will do that again on Friday. Have an early ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday. Wish me sticky-ness. I really want it to actually happen this time. In positive news, I have more nausea and breast tenderness than I did with my earlier miscarriages, which could be a good sign. And the miscarriages were all close together, fairly soon after my first c-section birth...I keep telling myself that I just needed more time to recover and get healthy. Both my husband and my mother claimed to dream a couple weeks ago that I was pregnant. We shall see.

Regarding me: I am just about 28 and have been married for 6 years. We have 1 son who is 5 next month. I WOH in a field I love (non-profit management and fundraising) but my career is flexible with some telecommuting time. My husband is a ft student and works pt in a medical field. We have been through a lot to get to this point and I am really hoping it works out. My husband was so sweet about the surprise test- last night when he brought me my prenatal vitamin, he brought 2 champagne glasses filled with water to toast the BFP test.

Katie, mama to one big boy (6/03) and one little boy (12/08).
It is never the wrong time to do the right thing.
#84 of 183 Old 05-21-2008, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kijip View Post
Well, after 4 years, 4 mc, SIF and coming to terms with not having anymore kids and selling/donating all of the baby loot (diapers, Ergo, stroller etc) just weeks ago I had several days of clues (sore breasts, fuller breasts, tiredness, weak stomach) followed by two DARK pink lines last night and confirmation from my doctor this afternoon. I am a tad unsure of my LMP date since we had stopped TTC a few months ago. But the baby is due not later than Jan 20th ( I recall the week I had my period in April). Excited, but after 4 mc we are nervous nellies. I had blood drawn today to check my hcg levels and will do that again on Friday. Have an early ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday. Wish me sticky-ness. I really want it to actually happen this time. In positive news, I have more nausea and breast tenderness than I did with my earlier miscarriages, which could be a good sign. And the miscarriages were all close together, fairly soon after my first c-section birth...I keep telling myself that I just needed more time to recover and get healthy. Both my husband and my mother claimed to dream a couple weeks ago that I was pregnant. We shall see.

Regarding me: I am just about 28 and have been married for 6 years. We have 1 son who is 5 next month. I WOH in a field I love (non-profit management and fundraising) but my career is flexible with some telecommuting time. My husband is a ft student and works pt in a medical field. We have been through a lot to get to this point and I am really hoping it works out. My husband was so sweet about the surprise test- last night when he brought me my prenatal vitamin, he brought 2 champagne glasses filled with water to toast the BFP test.

Praying for sticky dust for you!
#85 of 183 Old 05-21-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnJade View Post
Praying for sticky dust for you!
Thank you and the same to you!

Katie, mama to one big boy (6/03) and one little boy (12/08).
It is never the wrong time to do the right thing.
#86 of 183 Old 05-22-2008, 11:43 AM

I guess I'll jump on in. I'm Molly, 29 years old. I have a 10 year old and an almost 3 year old. Both boys and oh-so-sweet. My partner and I have been together for 7 years now and we really thought we were done. I guess the universe had a different plan.

I am a public librarian but also work as an office manager part time during the week. It's nice, because I can bring my little guy to work with me. I'm at the library a couple evenings a week and saturdays, so my partner is home with the kids during those times, although when my littler one was still a sling-baby he came to work at the library with me. I hope to work out a similar arrangement this time around.

I haven't seen a midwife yet so I don't have a great estimate of a due date, but by my calculation I think I'm due in late January.

It's taking some time to come to terms with this pregnancy. It was totally unexpected, but I know that once it sinks in we'll be nothing but thrilled.

:

Molly, mama to my 3 sweet boys.
: : hale:
#87 of 183 Old 05-22-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kijip View Post
In positive news, I have more nausea and breast tenderness than I did with my earlier miscarriages, which could be a good sign.
I read a study last week that looked at nausea and/or vomiting in pg and various birth outcomes (miscarriage, prematurity, birth weight, fetal malformations, etc). The only siginificant correlation they saw was that women who experienced nausea and/or vomiting were less likely to suffer miscarriage. Reading that gave me a lot of confidence about my own pg and a way to try to appreciate how horrible I feel right now. Sending good sticky vibes your way! :
#88 of 183 Old 05-23-2008, 12:58 PM

Hi everybody
My name is Kara and I am pregnant with #2, due around 1/26. I have a 2yo ds, but had 2 m/c before conceiving him, so am still very apprehensive about this pg. In fact, MDC is the first "person" we have told
#89 of 183 Old 05-23-2008, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi!

I'm Reneé, SAHM to one boy and one girl. The midwife I had for my daughter's birth estimates that I'm due January 6, which for me means around January 16. Gotta love my late babies . I'm not seeing this same midwife again because we are moving to a house we're having built in early June. I'm really looking forward to that because we're moving closer to my husband's work. We'll end up with about 8 extra hours a week together after the move .

My favorite thing to do right now is: :.

We're going out of state to spend time with DH's mom and dad, his two brothers, our sister in law, and our future sister in law. We're going to Michigan so I'll be: :

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06  (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  
#90 of 183 Old 05-23-2008, 10:00 PM

Hello, I'm Christy, married to my wonderful Sean one year tomorrow and we have a very spirited 18 month old son and we just found out we're due with #2 around Jan. 26

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page