January 2009 Roll Call! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 183 Old 05-24-2008, 12:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi y'all - I'm lazra, and my dh and I are parents to a 4.75 yo girl (who has been asking for a sibling for about 2 years) and I just tested positive today! I'm *pretty* sure that Jan 23rd is my due date, but we just started trying and I wasn't paying close attention to when my last period began, so there's an element of doubt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 183 Old 05-24-2008, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoninBeGonin View Post
Hi!

I'm Reneé, SAHM to one boy and one girl. The midwife I had for my daughter's birth estimates that I'm due January 6, which for me means around January 16. Gotta love my late babies . I'm not seeing this same midwife again because we are moving to a house we're having built in early June. I'm really looking forward to that because we're moving closer to my husband's work. We'll end up with about 8 extra hours a week together after the move .

My favorite thing to do right now is: :.

We're going out of state to spend time with DH's mom and dad, his two brothers, our sister in law, and our future sister in law. We're going to Michigan so I'll be: :

where in michigan? i was born in Grand Rapids.

Mummy to dd (Jan 13, '07) born by emergency c-section at 35 weeks due to severe pre-e  :ribboncesarean.gif and ds (Jan 30 '09) :hbac.gif and stork-suprise.gif    (06/11)
#93 of 183 Old 05-24-2008, 04:32 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwerydd View Post
where in michigan? i was born in Grand Rapids.
nak

a little town called colon. legend has it the name was picked rndomly from a dictionary .

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06  (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  
#94 of 183 Old 05-24-2008, 08:26 PM

Hey everyone. I think I am joining your group! I just got the positive test yesterday, but I really don't know when I am due. I could be anywhere from 3-6 weeks along.

I have 3 boys already, and I am happy to be having another baby (or more) joining our crazy family! After having twins last time, I am very curious to know how many are headed our way! If it is more than 1, we will need a new van.

Courtney wife to geek.gif and mom to 4 boys: chicken3.gif   . I need caffix.gif !
They're not typos. . . I can't spell!
#95 of 183 Old 05-25-2008, 01:49 AM

hi,
I'm Monica, I have a dd that is 2.5 and I am due on 1/1 with our second. I work part time nights so dh can stay home with dd.
I am planning a homebirth for this one and I am very excited about it.
#96 of 183 Old 05-25-2008, 07:56 AM

Hi All! I'm Melissa - 30 year old, part-time SAHM (I make maps 2 days a week). I've been married to my dh Rob for almost 4 years now (together 12!) and we have one daughter, Ella, who turned 3 two weeks ago. We've been trying for a few months now and tested positive last night, so I think my due date is Jan. 30th!

Very excited.. but it's still so early, I don't want to get too excited. Always a glass-half empty kind of girl!

homeschooling mama to ella (9) and maya (5)
#97 of 183 Old 05-25-2008, 12:06 PM

Joining in the roll call!!

I'm Joanna, a SAHM to DS who is 5, am apparently 6 weeks along and due about the 18th of Jan. This one was unplanned just like DS so we were surprised- to say the least, a little scared, but still happy & excited

With DS I did not find out I was PG for about 2 months so it was a short pregnancy, in my mind at least. But this one will be the full 9 months looooong. I'm already wanting to get the cloth dipes out, all the baby clothes, go through all of our stuff to make room and possibly get ready for a move this fall, fingers crossed. If I waited until we move I'll be too big to be any real help so I figure this summer is the time to do it. DH is laughing at me cuz he thinks I'm already nesting!! I just want things to be ready so it will be an easy transition.

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#98 of 183 Old 05-26-2008, 05:45 AM

Joining in as well.

I'm Julie and I'm old compared to most of you. I'm 44 and thanks to IVF, I'm pregnant with twins due on January 9, 2009. But chances are that'll be moved up a bit based on knowing that twins are usually early and run out of room. We've been married for 6.5 years and have a 5 year old DD. She doesn't know yet that she's going to be a big sister but she'll be very excited. We haven't told too many people outside of immediate family and the very close friends.

I saw the two heartbeats the other day. I go back for another U/S on the 2nd and then, assuming all is good, we'll probably be able to go public.

Very exciting to share this time with so many Moms going through the same at the exact same time.
#99 of 183 Old 05-26-2008, 10:18 AM

I am due January 23rd by MY calculations with my third
#100 of 183 Old 05-26-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylover View Post
Joining in as well.

But chances are that'll be moved up a bit based on knowing that twins are usually early and run out of room.

I saw the two heartbeats the other day. I go back for another U/S on the 2nd and then, assuming all is good, we'll probably be able to go public.
Congratulations Julie. I am a twin mama myself. There are at least 2 of us here in this DDC, but neither of us know if we are having twins THIS time. Check out the "parenting Multiples" forum for some great support. BTW, I am only 5'1'' and carried my boys to 38 weeks. There are many mamas here who have gone all the way with twins and had great outcomes. Just start eating, and gain as much weight as you can now.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#101 of 183 Old 05-27-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajody View Post
Congratulations Julie. I am a twin mama myself. There are at least 2 of us here in this DDC, but neither of us know if we are having twins THIS time. Check out the "parenting Multiples" forum for some great support. BTW, I am only 5'1'' and carried my boys to 38 weeks. There are many mamas here who have gone all the way with twins and had great outcomes. Just start eating, and gain as much weight as you can now.
LOL on the eating. I haven't been all that hungry which for me is probably good. I'm starting a little heavier than I'd like, about 13 pounds heavier than with DD so I'd like to try and watch it a little. I'm 5'3" so thanks for the support that my smaller frame can carry as long as possible. That's obviously the goal. And I'll definitely check out the multiples forum. I forgot about that. Maybe it was denial.
#102 of 183 Old 05-28-2008, 01:49 AM

Well, I found out a little bit ago that I'm pregant with #2, due sometime in January (right around the middle, technically, but I interpret that as "sometime in January").

I'm an all-but-dissertation grad student in Linguistics, and I'm sure my advisors are going to be jumping for joy about the delay this is going to cause. Nevertheless, the timing is good for our family, so I'm happy. We weren't trying trying, but we went off BC as soon as I passed my candidacy exams, and stuck on the second cycle (which is crazy, because we had IF problems with the first!).

I'm supposed to see a midwife in a few weeks about a homebirth.

Julia
#103 of 183 Old 05-28-2008, 07:15 PM

Hi Everyone!

I'm Yola, 28 y/o SAHM to DD 8 and Ds's 4 and 20mths., married to DH (40) for 6 years in July

Due date calculators are telling me I'm due Dec 29th, but since I had a day of spotting on April 21st I'm guessing I ovulated then and not on the 7th

So I'm going to go with being due early/mid Jan....midway between the two (I'd rather be a little early than have that*won't this baby ever come* feeling for weeks!)

I'm having a UP/UC, and though I'm looking forward to the peace of going through my pregnancy without having to deal with MW appts with my boys in tow, I'm not particularely looking forward to the reactions I'm sure to get from family, some of whom will have enough to say about my being pregnant at all

I'm really exited, but sort of not wanting to show it...we weren't planning on having another for at least one more year, but for some reason my IUD only worked for about 5 months DH's still in shock, so I'm waiting for that to wear off before I start letting my giddy happiness show through

Congratulations to all of you!!
#104 of 183 Old 05-29-2008, 12:22 AM

hi everyone, I guess I'm joining up. though it's weird to be telling you all when we haven't really told anyone in real life!

I'm shhh, due 1/17 with #2. Had a fantastic homebirth with my son 4 years ago and am planning the same this time around.
#105 of 183 Old 05-29-2008, 10:45 AM

Hi- I'm cautiously joining! I'm a 39 yo SAHM with a long history of infertility. It took about a year to get pregnant the first time w the help of clomid (my twin girls just turned 4!!!!). After about 3 years of trying for a third with clomid, IUIs, injectibles- finally IVF did the job! I've had 2 losses, one at almost 12 weeks so I don't think I'll rest easy til then. There's a possibility that it's twins again- I won't find out until the end of next week. I'm going nuts with the waiting!!!!

My due date is Jan 31. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Congrats to all!!!
#106 of 183 Old 05-29-2008, 12:06 PM

bye ladies

michelle~carola's and paola's mommy~
#107 of 183 Old 05-30-2008, 12:43 PM

Hi! I've been lurking for some time now....
I am due with #3 shortly after the new year but I have to admit we are hoping for that 2008 tax deduction
I am 32 years old, married 12 years. Glad to officially join in this DDC - have only told immediate family IRL though. Congrats to you all!

chicken3.gif Christian SAHM to DS 3/04, DS 1/06, and DD 1/09 and expecting a new little one in May 2012 selectivevax.gif  nocirc.gif 

#108 of 183 Old 05-30-2008, 06:30 PM

My name is Paige, I have one little girl, 19 months (nearly 20). We recently discovered I'm pregnant with #2 and we're very excited!!! My edd is Jan 31, so I'm right on the edge, but happy to be here.

We couldn't keep our mouths shut, so pretty much everyone knows, even though it is really early.
#109 of 183 Old 06-01-2008, 10:32 AM

Hi there- waiting for the Feb ddc to open up but I will most likely have this bean in January. I am due 2/4/09 but my ds came 2 weeks early. I guess i'll pop in both ddcs--more friends that way!

Mama to ds 6/00 and dd 1/09
#110 of 183 Old 06-02-2008, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm Amber...
due January 24.
This will be baby number 2, I have a 2yo dd.
I'm a SAHM and artist.

artist, toymaker and unschooling mama to dd (5/06), ds (1/09), dd (2/14)
#111 of 183 Old 06-04-2008, 03:11 PM

Hello!
My name in Haley I am 23 years old and will be celebrating my 2 year wedding anniversary in July. I just found out I am pregs with my first baby and we are VERY excited! Our edd is January 26th. I am a homebirth advocate and am in the process of seeking out a midwife in Cape May County, NJ.

I'm so happy to be able to experience this in the company of so many other women with January due dates!
#112 of 183 Old 06-05-2008, 06:56 AM

Hi ... Babz here

Expecting #3 on Jan. 8

I have two DS - 5yo & 10 mo.

I'm having difficulty eating enough for BF & pg!
#113 of 183 Old 06-05-2008, 05:29 PM

Hi everyone - joining in the roll call!

I'm Tara, 29 year old mom to a 20 month old DD, and I'm eschewing due dates this time around as they are completely unrealistic for me. I expect that my new LO will come around the end of January. My first is still going strong with nursing. I am hoping that will continue throughout the pregnancy and after this baby's birth, and that my milk supply will hold out during this pregnancy!

We had a MW-assisted homebirth with my first, planning another with this one. We co-sleep, cloth diaper, eat organic, etc. I'm lucky to have a very supportive DH who is generally on my wavelength when it comes to our kids. Our extended family thinks we are nuts.

I WAH, very part-time, as a web developer.

T , mom to S and C
#114 of 183 Old 06-06-2008, 10:14 PM

My name is Brandi
SAHM here and ABSOLUTELY loving it.

Due with number three on January 20th

A small summary about myself. In March 2006 we lost our first child Aden Due to premature birth. I have a lovely incompetent cervix which in short means when my uterus starts to get any weight to it I go into labor. I was almost 23 wks pregnant when Aden was born he lived for about 10 minutes.
10 wks later we conceived Landon and through a ton of medical intervention, a cerclage, and enough bed rest to make you want to lose your marbles we brought our perfect amazing son home. So here we go again. I am excited and though my husband and I have always wanted a large family I'm afraid this is it. we cant tempt fate again.
Oh Yeah and proud to announce still bfing my 16 mo old son ( a significant feet considering Landon was born 5 lbs 2 oz and would not go to breast full time until he was 9wks old.)
I'm Looking forward to sharing this journey with everyone.
Good luck to all.
Love Brandi

sahm for Landon 1/07 and Simon 12/08 Aden 3/8/06
#115 of 183 Old 06-12-2008, 04:21 PM

Hi Ladies!

I want to join. My edd is 1/17/09. I thought it was in february so I had originally joined that ddc. I had an u/s today and this way makes a lot more sense I think.

I am a SAHM married to an organic farmer. We have 2 sweet toddlers, DD is 29 mo and DS is 14 mo old. They keep me really busy.

We are I suppose a traditional farm family where DH does the fields and I take care of all the cooking, housekeeping, kids, garden, and house livestock. Yeah we have chickens and a milk cow and weed eaters (aka goats). My other hobbies are knitting, quilting, and reading those books that forcast the end of the world via crappy US nutrition standards.

Hmmm I don't know much more than that I guess!

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#116 of 183 Old 06-13-2008, 10:41 AM

It's exciting to read all the stories, congrats everyone!

Our second little one will arrive in late January. We just found out, as my cycles have been wonky since dd1 and I don't FEEL pregnant. I have some slight signs, but I kept trying to attribute them to something else. But, it all added up to a BFP, so here I am.

Married 6 years, dd1 will be 3.5 when babe arrives. Was not as into NFL back then, so looking to learn a lot this time around regarding birth.
#117 of 183 Old 06-13-2008, 11:32 AM

Hi Im Amy...Im due around Jan 9 2009! This is my second lil one I have a 23 month old ds

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
#118 of 183 Old 06-13-2008, 12:46 PM

hello everyone !! my name is marlene i am due between Jan 7 and 9th . This is my first pregnancy . I will be blessed with twins . My DH and i have been trying for the past 5 years to no avail . we finally had to opt for IVF/ICSI and now here we are pregnant with twins. So far so good i have not gotten sick or anything just very very very sleepy and hungry all the time .
#119 of 183 Old 06-13-2008, 01:01 PM

Hi, I'm Julie, 31 y.o. mom of a beautiul and loving 8 y.o. dd from a previous marriage.

My fiance and I just bought a house together and will be moving in together at the end of July, getting married in early September, and having our first child together somewhere around January 4th!

I had a natural birth with a wonderful MD in a hospital with #1, and this time around I have a midwife and am planning a water birth, also in a hospital.

I'm an RN, CNM wanna-be. I was working full time until I got pregnant, and then got so sick that I had to take a medical leave of absence. I'm supposed to go back to work in two weeks (hopefully part-time), but don't see how even that's going to be possible. If I can't, I'll probably lose my job. Trying not to stress, because I believe that everything happens for a reason...

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#120 of 183 Old 06-18-2008, 01:39 PM

My name is jen and I am due Jan 10th ish?

We are going by ultrasound dating as my LMP was back in Jan.

I am a mommy to a 17 month old little girl named Elyse, Wife to my husband Kurt, and am owned by two cats and a dog.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page