January 2009 Roll Call! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 183 Old 06-24-2008, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I'm due Jan 24th with my 2nd child and mother to a wonderful, high energy 2.5 year old DS. DH and I have been married for 5 years this September.

I'm currently working in IT with hopes to one day be a WAHM with my own clothing business.

Mom to DS#1 and DS#2 fencing.gif
#122 of 183 Old 06-25-2008, 12:16 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I was holding off on my intro till this week. I am feeling better now but still worry I am jinxing myself!

I am a SAHM to my amazing DS who is 18 months old. He just stopped nursing a week or two ago It was hard for me but he has many MANY food allergies and I felt I was not getting enough nutrition, It was really hard for me to do as I was set on letting him stop when he was ready. I still feel like I have scared him

So we have an amazing story. I had a tubal ligation 6 years ago. DH and I were not into the idea of having kids. In May of '06 I got a call from my OB that the blood work they did (to put me on meds to bring on my cycle) came back with a + pregnancy test. We were SHOCKED to say the least. I was already in my second trimester at that point!

Once we had DS I was ready for #2 I was so worried that we wouldn't be able to have another. My cycle returned in January and we were trying from then on. It only took 4 months! (They were going to put me on Clomid if I didn't get preggers when I did). I am BEYOND happy and excited! I will say the first trimester worry is BAD!!!!! I am happy that is almost over

So that is me. Glad to join We are trying to decide on where we will be birthing this baby. Looking into homebirth and have also switched OB's as well.
#123 of 183 Old 06-25-2008, 10:04 AM

Hi.

I'm due Jan. 2 with my 3rd (and last!) child. DD is 5.5 and DS is nearly 3.
#124 of 183 Old 06-25-2008, 03:36 PM

30 years old... married a little more than a year, together for 6. Live happily with hubby and dog. First time pregnant. Due in endish of January. Unfortunately risked out of a much wanted home birth, but planning a wonderful MW attended hospital birth with friends and family.
#125 of 183 Old 06-26-2008, 03:52 PM

Waited to officially introduce myself til I heard a heartbeat and knew Id be sticking around.
My name is Alexis... AKA Lex
Im due Jan 18. This will be my third birth control baby! I have two already, 8 y.o. DD, and 6 y.o. DS. Engaged to awesome dad. This will be his second and our first together. (Confused? Ill help. This will make 4 kids total) I came from a large family (oldest of 5 girls) so I am psyched.
He is actually going to adopting my DD and DS when we get married. we did the marriage, baby thing backward but we are totally ok with that!

I feel like hell but Im getting better every day. Totally psyched about being PG. and totally into my first baby born with midwife and no epidural! (everyone thinks Im crazy!)

Nice to meet you all!
#126 of 183 Old 06-26-2008, 10:21 PM

Hello ladies! We have an EDD of January 27th.

DH & I have two kids already, DS is almost 5, DD just turned 2, and this was a big surprise! DS is thrilled, I am finally getting excited after hearing the heartbeat this week and finally feeling that it is for real, DH is still in the panic attack stage - but he should come out of that soon! DD is fascinated with babies more so than ever after the news, but only kind of seems to get it, and thinks my stomach growling from all the digestive upset is the baby talking at her!

DS was a traumatic birth, 6 weeks early with severe pre-e. DD's pregnancy I made it to 39.5 weeks before my blood pressure got too high, so it was another induction. This time I have even more ideas on how to take care of myself to avoid the whole bp/pre-e stuff, and hopefully avoid any bedrest AND have a natural, pitocin free birth! Still headed to the hospital though, just in case!

I think this one is a little girl, and love the name Eliana this week - I keep catching myself calling her Ellie already, so we will see how that works out!

Congrats to everyone, and it will be nice to meet all of you!

Christy
#127 of 183 Old 06-27-2008, 05:55 PM

Hi! I'm Kris, 31 years old, and I'm pregnant with baby number 2. I fall somewhere in the "early January" category as far as official EDD goes (I haven't had a prenatal appointment yet, so I'll update when I get a "real" EDD) but my first child was due March 15 and born via induction March 28.

We just settled on a midwifery practice for this pregnancy as we both decided not to go with a mainstream OB practice after my experience last time around. Not that it was as bad as some, but bad enough to want to avoid it.

I haven't been around MDC in a while, I was having a hard time keeping up with it and everything else I do online and real life, too, but being pregnant made me want to come back. So, here I am!
#128 of 183 Old 06-27-2008, 08:05 PM

I'm Brenda from Houston. Due January 12ish. This is my second baby.
#129 of 183 Old 06-27-2008, 11:34 PM

I'm Beth from Brooklyn, NY and #3 is due on January 5 or 6th. I have an 8-yr-old son and 5-yr-old daughter and this one was a surprise. I was told when trying to get pregnant with my daughter that my ovarian function was very impaired (basically that I had the ovaries of a 45-yr-old when I was 34) and that I would be lucky to conceive #2. So when I became frustrated with our birth control options recently I figured we didn't have to be TOO careful.

I'm considered high-risk because my children were both preterm births (34 and 35 weeks, no breathing issues, so not scary-preterm). We're hoping to get me some more time this go-round with progesterone shots so in 4 weeks I start some lovely weekly intramuscular injections.

I've already had CVS--I was feeling anxious about chromosomal issues because I'm 40--and so I know this baby is a boy. We haven't told the kids yet because my husband just got back today from a 9-day business trip (and I got my CVS results while he was away), but we plan to do so this weekend. They have been begging for a sibling for a few years now.

Beth
DS (8), DD (5), #3 due 1/5-ish/09
#130 of 183 Old 06-30-2008, 11:14 PM

Originally we thought a late Dec. baby, but now it's looking like early Jan.

EDD 1/4

That newer US dating matches up more with my calculations anyways.

DH is still pulling for a Dec. 31 tax break baby!

This is #2 for us. DD is 21 months old, so she'll be 27 months when The Newbie arrives.
#131 of 183 Old 07-01-2008, 12:30 PM

i'm here: due end of january. bisexual and poly mama. hoping for vbac (and losing sleep over memories of my labour and c-section. ugh.) stay-at-home mom to one 3.5 yr-old. we're working on a long gentle weaning process right now which is going really well. i'm thrilled to be expecting number 2. partner is a f/t grad student.

i'm feeling pretty good. well, all-day nausea sucks, totally emotional and tired in the afternoons--but it's managable so far. or at least at this exact second
#132 of 183 Old 07-02-2008, 12:11 PM

Hello all!

EDD is January 27th... the doctor called it at January 17th, but we had an ultrasound last week and the measurement of the baby was small for 10 wks, so they put us back to 9 wks (which makes me 10 wks along now!)

First one for us, so we're very excited and nervous about everything! Planning a natural hospital birth, if all goes well.

I'm exhausted most of the time, and sick half the time, but still so happy!
#133 of 183 Old 07-06-2008, 10:40 PM

Joining in!

Due 15 January with babe #7. Planning another homebirth. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Sarah
#134 of 183 Old 07-07-2008, 08:29 PM

Hi there I'm Erin. Expecting bundle #2 around January 16th, and preparing for a VBAC.
#135 of 183 Old 07-08-2008, 01:53 PM

Hi, I'm Michele and due 01/22/09.

This will be my second child. The first was a home water birth with a midwife. I was lucky enough to get a midwife this time around too as they are in high demand where I live.

I don't stop by too often, so please don't be offended if I don't reply!
#136 of 183 Old 07-08-2008, 05:20 PM

Hi I'm Kimi, I'm 30 and I"m due sometime between Christmas and New Years (I think) my 1st u/s is in 2 days so I guess I'll know more then. I'm in a relationship with Steve, and have been for almost 4 years, this is my 1st pg, and I'm new on here so I"m still trying to figure out the shortforms lol.
#137 of 183 Old 07-08-2008, 05:28 PM

Hi, I'm Megan. My EDD is Jan. 14th.

I am currently a teacher, but will be a SAHM as soon as the baby comes. My DH and I have been together 6 years and married 3. This is our first baby and we are really excited!! We are planning a natural birth with the midwives at our birth center.

I am looking forwarding to getting to know all of you.
#138 of 183 Old 07-09-2008, 12:28 PM

Hi everybody!

I'm new here, was waiting to make sure things are good before I posted. My name is Jennifer, I'm 32, I live in the greater Atlanta area, and have a 5 year old DD and am married to a great 28 year old DH. Don't have much else to say as I am super duper moody and weepy today. :
#139 of 183 Old 07-09-2008, 02:43 PM

I'm Gracie and presently 12.5 weeks along or so. Due date is technically Jan. 19 but MW made it Jan. 15 due to the fact that I delivered early last time and that my 35th b-day is the 16th. (Just makes it easier I guess!)

We have a 3yr dd and I am a SAHM. Working with midwives at a freestanding birth center.

Looooove MDC in so many ways, especially appreciate the sense of community that I have here with other naturally-minded mamas!

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#140 of 183 Old 07-09-2008, 04:49 PM

Oops, just realized I haven't gotten myself included here yet!!!

I'm Sarah Joy and I'm expecting my first baby in January (EDD 11 Jan) with my DP Julio. I live in Costa Rica and am planning a water birth at home with a midwife.

I'm excited to be a mom and this baby has been talked about for 3 years! : We started trying in March and conceived in April, just a week and a half after our pre-conception appointment with our midwife.

Mama to Gabriel (1-10-2009) and newborn Helena (10-9-2011) h20homebirth.gif with DP Julio.  ...cloth diapering, attachment parenting, infant EC-ing, etc.

#141 of 183 Old 07-10-2008, 03:59 AM

Hello,

I'm Jenny. I'm married, have a 2.5 year old son, and this baby is due in late January. My first pregnancy had complications but ended with a great natural birth in a hospital with a fabulous CNM. This time we're in a different town, and we're planning on going to a birth center with a CNM.
#142 of 183 Old 07-10-2008, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My name is Neely and I am just about 29. I have been married for almost 7 yrs to my husband Ron. If he wasn't so helpful we wouldn't be on our 5th.
We have 3 girls and 1 boy. We will hopefully be finding out what this baby is. We are looking forward to meeting our new little one!
#143 of 183 Old 07-15-2008, 10:50 AM

Add me to the club!

Hi my name is Kate. I'm married to Ryan, we'll be celebrating out 17th wedding anniversary next month. We started trying for a baby when we first got married, little did we know then that it would be so hard. We've both been diagnosed with fertility problems and you know, after 17 years, I had pretty much given up on getting pregnant. And I was okay with that. I had made my peace with the loss.

So when I got sick and stayed sick I just thought I had a weird bug. I didn't get alarmed that I had missed a period because my cycles have never been regular and I had long passed the stage where I excitedly peed on a stick whenever my period was late because all it ever got me was a BFN. But, my DH kept saying he thought I might be pregnant. So I finally bought some tests just to show him "see, negative" and I was floored when, for the first time ever, the test was positive. Literally floored, I ended up on our hallway floor laughing and crying hysterically.

Even after 3 positive pee tests and all the different symptoms I truly didn't believe it could be real until I saw my baby in our first ultrasound. He/she waved!!!

Our wonderful surprise is due January 13th.

Kate, 38, happily married to Ryan, 38, since 1991. 16+ years of infertility ended with "Surprise" Xander, born via c-section due to footling breech 01/09. Miscarriage at 6 weeks 12/09.
#144 of 183 Old 07-15-2008, 01:49 PM

I'm Kate and since I just joined MDC recently - this was the next thread I think I needed to read!!

I'm 30 and my DH and 2 y.o son Jack are going to be expecting a new addition to our family in January. EDD is supposed to be January 2nd, but I'll believe it when I see munchkin appear. Jack was a bit early, but also weighed well over 9lbs.

For this one - I am actively working with my new doctor (we just moved from Seattle to Milwaukee) in keeping an open mind about VBAC and its my hope that it will be a success. I'm keeping my fingers (& toes!) crossed.

Congrats to everyone for so many January babies!!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#145 of 183 Old 07-18-2008, 07:44 AM

Hi. I'm Paula. This is my 4th pregnancy. My first ended in mc. I have a 3 yr old boy and a 14 month old daughter. This pregnancy was a surprise! I'm due around Jan 8th. My first two children were born via c-section. I just found a wonderful midwife and am planning a VBAC!
#146 of 183 Old 07-23-2008, 10:58 PM

Hello. My name is Sara and I live outside Seattle, Washington.

I have been married to my husband Mark for almost 7 years and we have two boys, Asher (3 1/2) and Micah (16 months). We're due with our third boy on January 17, 2009. I had preterm labor with both of my boys and am already dealing with a fairly complicated pregnancy. I'm already dealing with uterine irritability, a short cervix, and placenta previa.

We're hoping and praying that all will go well and by sometime in December, I'll still be pregnant, my placenta will be out of the way, and we can go ahead with a natural birth with our midwives. But at this point, there's a chance I'll end up with preterm labor or an emergency c-section much sooner, hopefully no sooner than the end of September!

Looking forward to this journey with you all.
#147 of 183 Old 07-27-2008, 07:38 PM

Hello i'm Jaime 32 mom to 3 children and expecting number 4. Came upon MDC and then found the boards i also frequent iVillage boards. New life is due 1/20 but i will be having this baby 1/14 with c-section, hopefully no sooner! I am currently single again my youngest father, is this baby's father (long story). My children come first and i was on my own for years with the children, I have a great supportive family and friends and the children. I am an AP,BF,CD,tree-hugging,composting,gardening, living as green as we can. I would love to homeschool full time, my children attend public school but have assignments from mom at home as well. Plus almost every moment can be a teaching moment. The school system here, and ever since the no-child left behind act, has hurt children like mine. I am excited about this new life, a little shocked but have had much time to process the information as i found out on may 6, about 2 weeks pregnant. This will be my last pregnancy as i will have a tubal during my section.
Great to be here
Peaceful Growing
#148 of 183 Old 08-05-2008, 09:45 PM

Hi, I'm Julie, married to dh for 7 years. We have one 5 y.o. daughter & 2 m/c plus lots of unsticky positive pg tests after her. But here I am now, 17 weeks with a kicking baby and finally feeling kind of OK to be : :

I wear multiple hats right now. We are trying to get our house to market before vacation in less than a month, breaking ground on a new house on 15 acres of undeveloped land, and starting to homeschool Kindergarten in September!

And I have a subchorionic bleed. Ugh. :

Still trying to decide between hospital birth ($250.00 flat) or homebirth ($2000.00) and sadly, money is the biggest issue this time.

This is my first DDC.

alivia, mama to sunshine dd (2003), snuggly dd (2009), & bonus baby (due 06/2010), homesteader, homeschooler, writer, lifelong learner
#149 of 183 Old 08-06-2008, 04:46 PM

my name is Marie - i'm 30 and live in Vancouver, British Columbia.
i am pregnant with my first (a delivery surprise) and am 17 weeks along.

my partner and i have chosen a midwifery group for our caregiving and are very happy so far with our choice!

in canada both OB/GYN and midwifery care is covered by our provincial public health insurance (as is home or hospital birth - totally covered). you can't have both an OB/GYN and a midwife, you have to choose one or the other. but if your pregnancy becomes high risk your midwife will transfer you to an OB/GYN.
in British Columbia midwives can deliver in hospitals (this varies from province to province), so even though i have a midwife i have chosen to deliver in a hospital and will be able to have an epidural if i chose to.

in my opinion this process offers the best of both worlds.
#150 of 183 Old 08-06-2008, 08:48 PM

Sonia~aka~Mamabug&co.

DD**January12th:

LOVE to read, and sah with my kids and sweetheart!

Live on the face of the sun~South Texas

Learning to let go and relax with His guidance

Mommy to five wonderful earthlings, and one on the way supporter Humble Wife and Mother Learning to live through Jesus!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page