January 2009 Roll Call! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 183 Old 01-18-2009, 01:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, I'm really late to this party. My name is Laura and I've just discovered due date clubs! I was "due" Jan. 14 but not much is going on. My cervix is anterior and I've lost my mucous plug, but I'm not having contractions (that I know of) yet. This is our first, a boy named Dominic Joseph. I don't plan to be induced; if my doctor makes me schedule it, I'll schedule it for 11:59 p.m. on the day I hit 42 weeks (I know when I ovulated and my EDD was accurate, so 42 weeks will be a true 42 weeks).

I'm excited about laboring at home with my husband and doula present and then heading to a birth center (affiliated with a hospital, not freestanding, sadly) for the delivery. I know I'm going to have to fight hospital policy on a few issues (namely the hep lock) and routine on other issues (90% of mothers are administered pitocin at this hospital, many without asking for it), so I'm not looking forward to that part, but homebirth is not an option as there are no midwives here and we are not up for the challenge of UC. I JUST found a doula this week--she's the only one in the area! So I'm feeling very grateful that he didn't appear on the EDD because she was unavailable until this weekend.

Now I'm just waiting... Guess I'll go dig around these forums a little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 183 Old 01-18-2009, 11:06 AM

still haven't been added. due 1/27.
#183 of 183 Old 01-23-2009, 12:10 AM

A little late with my reply...
I'm due with #3 on Jan 29th.

I'ma SAHM to my 4 and 2 year olds. We homeschool, (DS is in 1st grade level) homebirth, breastfeed, slingwear, clothdiaper, no-vax, etc.
I've been married to my Chiropractic intern husband for almost 8 years, and we live in San Fran's East bay.

Don't know if I'm dialated yet...don't check. Will probably go into early Feb since I was 2 and 3 weeks late with my first 2 babies.
This birth will be my 3rd home waterbirth with a LM. (Husband says no to UC, due to bleeding problems I have after labor, but maybe someday!)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page