January 2009 Roll Call! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 183 Old 04-28-2008, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
January 2009 Roll Call!!! please add yourself )
I thought we should start a roll call to see who is going to be hanging out for the next 9 months or so!

Please tell us a bit about yourself and when you are due.

Early Jan

Phantaja (Aja) 12/26
annanicole (Nicole) between Christmas and New Year's
squeekers (Kimi) between Christmas and New Year's
mclisa (Michelle) 12/24
jenniferadurham (Jennifer) 12/27 - 1/2
sarahlynne
thismommy (Jennifer)
jenniet (Jennie) 1/1 or 1/5
monarn (Monica) 1/1
PixieGoddess23 (Lorelei) 1/1
BabyNewYear 1/2
LoganBsMom (Chrissy) 1/2
sarahmagoo 1/2
_ktg_ (Kate) 1/2
momzilla (Christine) 1/3
alaskaberry (Phoebe) 1/3
mzminty (Julie) 1/4
_betsy_ 1/4
mamacita angelica (Angie) 1/4
ainh (Julia) 1/5
JSMa (Jennifer) 1/5
papschmitty (Andrea) 1/5
lovemykiddos 1/5
Benjismom (Beth) 1/5 or 1/6 - boy!
stinkytyphoon
rachel616 (Rachel) 1/6
marly33 (Marlene) 1-7 or 1-9 It's twins!
~~Mama2B~~ (Kristi) 1/7
mamasthree (Melissa) 1/8
phunkyrockgal (Paula) 1/8
fit4two 1/8
ommom (Antonia) 1/8-1/15
ruthmg (Ruth)
xakana
Bloomingstar
hockeylover (Julie) 1/9 twins!
dayxday (Emily) 1/9
caiesmommy (Any) 1/9
DizzyMissLizzy (Lizz) 1/10 Girl!
laurelg (Laurel) 1/10
mamatowill (Beth) 1/10
Pinkgerbil (Jan) 1/10

HoneyTree (Teresa)
~Yola (Yola)
krisw (Kris)

Mid January

kalirush (Julia)
quietserena (Serena)
mom to 3 boys (Kelley)
Cutie Patootie (Tina) 1/11
mamajody (Jody) 1/11
saritajoy (Sarah Joy) 1/11
MrsGraffy (Nikki) 1/12
shepremiers (Brenda) 1/12
Mamabug&co. (Sonia) 1/12
KatW (Kate) 1/13
sweet_tart_vt (Shelby) 1/13
jr'smom (Kay) 1/14
KatyLinda (Katy) 1/14
juneau (Diana) 1/14
greenly (Megan) 1/14
esteg0 (Emily) 1/15
somanyjoys (Amanda) 1/15
chumani (Sarah) 1/15
Artemnesia (Erin) 1/16
marinaobrn (Marina) 1/16
shhh 1/17
Taryn237 (Taryn) 1/17
iowaorganic 1/17
sbrinton (Sara) 1/17
berry987 1/17
Jojo F. (Joanna) 1/18
acory23 (Lex) 1/18
Mrs.Oz (Lauren) 1/18-1/23
Moonprysm (Tiffani) 1/19
doulamomvicki (Vicki) 1/19
sraplayas (Gracie) 1/19
racidoodle (Rachel)

Late January

cdahlgrd (Courtney)
ochoco (Jenny)
alivia (Julie)
soybean6 (Marie)

box_of_rain (Molly)
Mom2Adam
riaketty (Ket)
mommymcnair6
RunnerMommy
andbabymakes4
mauimama5 (Lori)
Adensmommy (Brandi) 1/20
kijip (Katie) 1/20
OwensMa 1/20
MrsSoup (Kat) 1/20
lovely rita 1/20
mom22many (Jaime) 1/20 (planning c/s 1/14)
sarobinsonvc 1/21
inthezoo (Misty) 1/22
mfrykas (Michele) 1/22
AutumnJade (Autumn) 1/23
lazra (Lazra) 1/23
jbanb 1/23
mommy amber (Amber) 1/24
tuppence (Charlotte) 1/24
Ninibini 1/24
mystiquesmom 1/24
Bamamamaof3 (Amy) 1/25
haleythegreat (Haley) 1/26
babywolverine (Kara) 1/26
Elijahs Momma (Christy) 1/26
amanda1188 (Mandi) 1/27
Double Buckeye (Libby) 1/27
theboodges (Christy) 1/27
jennasuz 1/27
gwerydd 1/29
shanahan (Shannon) 1/29
Kimmiepie (Kim) 1/30 Boy!
MommyToElla (Melissa) 1/30
PaigeAnThem (Pagie) 1/31
clementine99
mustangtbn (Tara)
ellacy
squishymama
Erin Lou
Caroline248 (Caroline)

scsigrl
neferiah (Jennifer)
homeschoolingmama (Neely)

mamamillet 2/4

please pm me if there is something not right!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#2 of 183 Old 04-28-2008, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

I'm Michelle.

I work out of the house. Dh is a stay at home dad.

I'm due somewhere around Jan 2, but I've gone late (7-10 days) each time so I feel confident I will be here.

I have 4 girls already.

We won't be finding out what this one is.

I need to get the girls to bed, so I'll be back to edit.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#3 of 183 Old 04-29-2008, 12:34 AM

I'm Jennifer (25), Dh Trupe is 30, almost 31. Ds Trupie (Trupe IV) is 4 1/2. DD Ele (Eleora) is 20m. I've had 4 m/c's, 3 between ds and dd, and one last month. Praying for a sticky healthy baby! I had a UC with dd and LOVED every second of (haha...afterwards anyways!) and plan on doing it again. I am a sahm and dh is a mechanic.

Husband and Wife 4/03, Ds1 9/03, Dd1 8/06, Ds2 12/08, Dd2 due 1/11...bfing, co-sleeping, cding, ecing, bwing, ucing, no-more vaxing, no-more circ'ing, hsing, conservative Christian family.
#4 of 183 Old 04-29-2008, 01:59 AM

My name is Jennifer, I am 26.

I'm a SAHM...thank the Lord!

I have a 6 year old DD.

I have been married to Michael for 1 month, 2 weeks.

I'm not 100% sure of EDD...somewhere around dec27-jan2. WHo knows.

I will going this fri to DR appt for u/s, so I will let you guys know!

I feel like absolute crap right this second.
#5 of 183 Old 04-29-2008, 08:15 AM

Alison here, due with #2 on January 8, 2009. I am a work at home Mom (own my own business selling baby carriers), a student midwife (currently doing my bookwork distance ed), plus I watch a friends toddler DD Monday-Friday full time now.

My wonderful partner J and I are getting married on July 10, 2008. He works full time at a call center. We also have one beautiful son, who was born August 30, 2006.

I had 3 miscarriages and a chemical pregnancy before my DS and another chemical pregnancy last cycle... I'm hoping for a really sticky bean this time.

I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
#6 of 183 Old 04-29-2008, 10:10 AM

Ruth, age 36, mom to ds Nathan, turning 3 on Sunday (who still nurses up a storm). My dh Craig and I have been married almost 8 years. We had a miscarriage a couple of months ago (I went in for an ultrasound as I am high risk due to chronic hypertension and there was no heartbeat). We've been trying since then and I've used up too many PG tests each month! But this time it worked! Here's hoping it sticks...

I'm a sahm and figure that I can always go back to being an attorney when kids are older.
#7 of 183 Old 04-29-2008, 01:58 PM

Hi, I'm Prism
Married 7 years almost, dd is almost 5 and ds just turned 3.
This is a very unexpected pg and I am still shocky, but starting to warm up
to the idea. I loved being pg and birthing but thought 2 kids was just fine.
So here we go.
I am due 1/6, I think.
I am still tandem nursing both kids (though mostly just the 3yo)
and it is killing me!
Mostly sahm, I work about 3 days a month as a home-birth nurse.
#8 of 183 Old 04-29-2008, 05:28 PM

Hi

Bloomingstar here! Married to O for 2 years this Saturday. I'm 27 and this is my first pregnancy. I work with teenagers as my day job, and I also am a dancer. O is one of the percussionists in the dance company and I love that we get to work together creatively. We're really excited--it only took one try of charting to get pregnant (we had one try kind of haphazardly heh). We're planning a homebirth with a midwife.

here's a funny thing: we got married two years ago and didn't really tell anyone! : Our parents and siblings know, and a few friends here and there, and my co-workers and his, and many random folks we're close to but we haven't officially announced it to our families and friends, or even to our dance company. I just find it more and more hilarious as time passes, but I guess we'd better do something about it : My largely Catholic/Christian family is already (pretending to be) scandalized about us living together because they think we're not married and I haven't bothered to tell them. Now we get to add a baby to the mix! We just never got around to it because we just wanted to get married and both our families are really far away (mine are all over the South in the U.S. and his in the Caribbean) and we didn't want to have to save a lot of money and orchestrate an entire event. We'll probably plan an event for May 3rd next year.

enough of my convoluted life! I'm glad to meet you all!

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#9 of 183 Old 04-29-2008, 05:38 PM

I'm Aja and I'm 25 and this will be my first baby, DH's 3rd. My EDD is 12/26, as far as I know, but I haven't seen a doctor or a midwife yet. I'm pretty sure that I'll still be pregnant in January just because the average first baby goes to 41w1d.

I plan on staying home with my baby for at least 18 months and I'm beyond excited about it.

Body, I've been more than patient. Please make a baby. Please?
always loving my babies. (May 08)(April 09)(August 09)(September 09) (December 10)
#10 of 183 Old 04-29-2008, 06:03 PM

Karen here, SAHM to DD Annika, 3 y.o. Married to DH going on 8 years. DD born in hospital with doula, nursed til 25 mos. NOT planning on a hospital birth this time, but also not sure what the alternative arrangements will be. Will probably be moving sometime in the middle of this pg (which could be good and bad). DD was born on her due date, but still not sure when exactly that would be for this babe. (AF has been weird since DD weaned a year ago.) My bet is for the first week of the New Year.
#11 of 183 Old 04-29-2008, 06:35 PM

scarlettrose here..

expecting my second (ds is 18 months) in early january....

was a single momma....but recently started seeing someone (about three months ago) and oops.....we're expecting...looking forward to the months ahead...watching my belly grow...and getting to know you all!
#12 of 183 Old 04-29-2008, 08:36 PM

Andrea here Mom to 2 y.o. Stella and wife to DH for almost 6 years. I work full time as a nurse and DH is a mechanic. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility 4 years ago and needed fertility treatments to get pg w/DD. I’ve been doing acupuncture and TCM for several months and had an appointment with the fertility clinic on May 9th but got my yesterday. I’m still in complete shock and excited beyond words. DD was a beautiful water birth in a hospital with a CNM. I was planning to go back for #2 but my mom just died in August in the same hospital so no one wants to go back as the memories are still too fresh and too painful. : Now I’m in the process of finding a new MW and am in high level negotiations w/DH about where to deliver. I’d like to home birth but I had a slow post-partum hemorrhage requiring emergency surgery (they found a retained satellite placenta) and blood transfusions so DH is scared something might happen again. We have a lovely birth center not too far away so that’s our compromise at this point but I’m still hoping to talk him into home birth. We didn't find out the sex with DD and won't with this one either. It drives people nuts! I was horribly sick with DD for 7 months and am very worried about being that sick again now that I have a toddler to care for. I'm trying to keep this pg under wraps for now (only my dad, sister, and a few close friends know) but it's so hard because I'm just so dang excited!!!

Oops, I almost forgot! I'm due January 5th.
#13 of 183 Old 04-30-2008, 12:57 AM

Hello everyone...

I'm married to my wonderful husband, John. We homeschool and have three children. Jena (7), Aodan (5), and Espen (20 months). We are expecting child #4 Jan. 3, 2009.

I'm looking forward to this board!

Mama Blessings to you all.

Christine (wife, mom, doula for 8 years, and midwifery student)
DD12, DS10, DS7, DS4.5, DS2.5, & #6, a boy, due mid-Sept. plan 5th home waterbirth

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36** stork-boy.gif 40**
#14 of 183 Old 04-30-2008, 02:49 AM

Hello and congratulations to everyone. I too am Jennifer, but most people call me Jennie. My son is 17.5 months and this pregnancy is a totally happy surprise. I think I am due either January 1st or the 5th. My first doctor's appointment is May 9th and I am trying to be calm until then but of course, I am so anxious! I am a SAHM and although my Dh is a wonderful father and husband, he works fairly long hours and we have no family around. I guess I am wondering how it's going to work with two. This will more than likely be our last child so I am trying to enjoy every moment. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Enjoying the journey into natural family living with my two sons and husband.
#15 of 183 Old 04-30-2008, 10:26 AM

I got my BFP this morning and I'm jumping in!

I am 26, will be 27 in August. This is my first pregnancy, I am praying it all goes okay! I am a Step-Mama to a wonderful, beautiful little girl named Alex. She will be 4 in July. Her Daddy and I will be married on August 8 this year. We were actually high school sweethearts... went our seperate paths after a break up after we were engaged... married the wrong people, learned a lot, and somehow God had us find each other again last summer during the proceedings of our divorces.

We knew in our hearts from the moment we saw each other again that it was meant to be and fate sealed it.

We have basically been TTC since November... I stopped ovulating in December and it's been quite a roller coaster of emotions.

Who would have thought we'd be lucky enough to catch my first egg? lol

FF puts my Due Date at Jan. 5.

Call already into doc for bloodwork and such.

EDIT: OMG There are a lot of Jen's expecting!!! hehe I'll take it as a lucky sign.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#16 of 183 Old 04-30-2008, 11:43 AM

Welcome JSMa!!!! So happy to see you here! : :

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#17 of 183 Old 04-30-2008, 03:39 PM

Hey look, the DDC is up....

I'm Xak and I'm PAL, so I'm scared to even be here. I'm 4 weeks, 5 days and due January 3rd. So far, everything is going great. I started TTC in September 07 for my second baby, so it's been a long road. Dh isn't ready to tell his family yet, but mine knows. I did the 'wait and tell' game. But going through a m/c alone is unthinkable after having been there, so I tell because I need the support and good thoughts and prayers to keep this little one a'going. I got my BFP on the 23rd, so I've known for a week now...

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#18 of 183 Old 04-30-2008, 06:55 PM

I guess I'm here too. My name is Julia and I'm 31 with a two year old. (My screen name "ainh" is from a blog I used to keep that was called "adventures in hypochodria" -- so I will be the worry wart of the bunch!!) I haven't been to the OB yet and my cycle varies from 31-36 days...but I'm thinking Jan 5th. I went a week over with my first pregnancy, so I'm guessing I'll be January.
#19 of 183 Old 05-01-2008, 01:49 AM

I've been stalking this DDC with all my crossables crossed I'd be in it... And here I am!

I just got my very first BFP a couple of hours ago - so far my best friend and her family know, and MDC. Poor DH is stuck at out-of-town job training until Friday, and since I want to tell him in person, I have to wait two whole days to let him in on our little secret! (For the record: I suck at secrets.) We'll probably tell family relatively soon, and then keep it on the down-lo for extraneous friends and family until after the first trimester.

I am 11 DPO and got my BFP on a FRER... I have two more in the box plus another two ClearBlue Digital, so I'm sure I'll keep testing for the next few days...

I can't believe it! This will be our first and I'm just blown away. I didn't - and still don't - know quite what to do. I'm excited and definitely don't think I totally "get" it yet. The first thing I did (after calling my best friend, which happened about .002 seconds after POAS, lol!) was take a vitamin and drink a glass of milk because it seemed like a good idea. Dork!

Anyway, baby dust for sticky babies for everyone! Oh - and my EDD looks like January 10th. I'm hoping for a homebirth with a hands-off midwife. Wow... I can't believe I really get to PLAN that now!

...am I allowed to start a registry yet?
#20 of 183 Old 05-02-2008, 10:54 PM

Hello, my name is mel. I am a SAHM and have been for 5 years. I have 2 wonderful boys, 3 and 5. My DH and I started dating in high school and then went to college together. (14 years last week) I had a m/c on Jan 8, 2008, my due date was 8-8-08. (I have a thing against 8's now) It was a long winter for us. I got a BFP on wednesday and I am guessing my due date is around Jan 8th 2009 (all coincidental). I am hoping to deliver on that day so I can bring joy back to the number 8. No, I am not crazy, just alittle anxious about this pregnancy. I am very happy to be joining this thread.

Looking forward
#21 of 183 Old 05-03-2008, 01:36 AM

Welcome to all the new preggo mamas!

We had planned on keeping this pg a secret other than with our immediate family members but DH was so excited that he kept telling everyone and then telling them it's a secret and not to say anything. I decided to go ahead and blow this thing wide open by posting it on my blog. I took a picture of DD in a "big sister" T-shirt and let people come to their own conclusions. I think I'm going to have a ton of email in my in-box tomorrow. I have my first appointment with the midwife on Wednesday and I can't wait!
#22 of 183 Old 05-03-2008, 10:11 AM

Hi, I'm Kay. I just got my BFP this morning! I've been married for 13 years. My husband is a SAHD. I'm a chiropractor in private practice. We have two sons almost 2 years old and 3 and a half. We've been TTC for 8 months, so I'm sooo excited to be here! Hoping for a girl this time, but of course would be just as happy with another boy! My EDD is also my 36th birthday.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#23 of 183 Old 05-03-2008, 01:46 PM

Went to the DR yesterday. Saw the bean!! YAY!!

The baby is only 5 weeks, which I have been telling everyone that it was, they said no...you are 7 weeks. GRRRR. But I did get to see the cute little thing, heard the heartbeat. I go back May 29 to see it better. So my EDD IS 1/2/09. My moms wants me to always say that it's 1/1/09 bc she wants it to be the first baby born that year. We'll see how long I can hold out!
#24 of 183 Old 05-03-2008, 07:53 PM

Hello and congrats to everyone! I am Chrissy, mostly SAHM to a very active 3 year old boy. DH and I have been married six years this month. We thought we were done, kinda on the fence and pretty sure we were done. To make a long story short, this little one broke through many barriers to be conceived (we are still puzzling as to when it could have happened!) Socked would be an understatement of how we feel. I am starting to come around, I know I will love this baby, but first I need to get used to it!!!

I think EDD will be jan 8 (3 days before my bday!). We are uninsured for this pregnancy, so I think I am going to lean twords a birthing center, for both comfort and cost.

We havn't told anyone else yet, we are still getting used to it. I am a little nervous, I was so angry and shocked at first, now I am worried about mc, I know it is irrational, but what can I say hormones. And maybe the baby knows at first I didn't want it! How terrible am I. Just for the record, I want it now, and keep talking to it to tell it so, lol. What can i say again, hormones!!!

Wishing everyone happy and healthy preggers!!
#25 of 183 Old 05-03-2008, 08:54 PM

Hi ladies and congrats on your BFPs!

My name is Rachel, I'm 24 (25 in June), newlywed to DH (married May 2007), TTC since Aug 2007, and finally got my first BFP 10 days ago! I'm so, so excited! This is our very first pregnancy! My little one's EDD is Jan 6, 2009, fingers crossed!

I'm planning a homebirth with a midwife, but I'm bracing myself for the family reaction to that news (particularly the uppity half of DH's family)... I've only told my mom and sister so far - my Mom did the "Oh, really? What if something happens?" thing, but my sister kind of flipped - she even resorted to saying that my labor noises would scare our cats, so I should do it in a hospital or at least a hotel (?). Hah!

I'm also (reluctantly) in law school, 1L, and currently not studying for finals - who can concentrate when they just find out they're preg with #1? I'm planning on going for fall semester, which means I'll be 8 months preg during those finals - I'll probably be unable to study then too! *sigh*

SAHM to DS Jan09, DD Mar11. lactivist.gifintactivist.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpguc.jpgwinner.jpggd.gifcaffix.gif

#26 of 183 Old 05-03-2008, 08:58 PM

Welcome, everyone! Rachel, a friend of mine was pregnant in law school and took exams when 8 months pregnant, then took the next semester off. She graduated a little behind the rest of us due to that leave, but she did it. So, if you want to, it's doable.

Of course, I'm speaking as a current SAHM, who very happily left my job as an attorney. I figure the law will always be around. I also know a local lawyer who was a SAHM for 26 years after law school until her husband left her. She then took the bar and is now a solo practitioner. It's doable!
#27 of 183 Old 05-04-2008, 04:57 AM

I just got my BFP this morning! I am nervous about posting since I have had a couple of losses previous to this. My name is Beth and I am 33. I am married to a wonderful DH and have a 4 year old son. I am currently SAHM since we moved to another country and I was looking into going back to work in September. I am due Jan. 10 which is 4 days before my birthday. My DS was born on his only cousin's birthday so I wonder if this little one will come on mine.

Mama to two loqacious and bouncy boys.
#28 of 183 Old 05-04-2008, 08:28 AM

congrats and sticky vibes to everyone! i am due in july; i just get so excited when a new pregnancy thread comes along!
#29 of 183 Old 05-04-2008, 02:08 PM

I belong here!

Serena, an already-mother but looking to be once again. I don't do due 'dates' but from my calculations, there will be an addition to our family in January, God-willing. DD was a 42 weeker so I stay away from the date just to keep the sanity.

I spend a lot of time greening up this family, preparing traditional style foods, learning, learning, learning!

I'm a little scared to post here this early actually, I've had a few early miscarriages. Good sticky vibes to everyone! :
#30 of 183 Old 05-05-2008, 10:26 PM

I'm Kristi. My due date is 1/7/09. I have a one year old daughter named Ziva, born last April and one baby I'll meet in the world to come. I'm in the process of becoming a doula (hopefully by the end of the year I'll be certified!) and in becoming more crunchy. I'm having a homebirth- most likely unassisted, but possibly with a midwife and I want to try a waterbirth this time!

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page