Pregnant and nursing? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 73 Old 05-20-2008, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so, I keep hearing from some people that nursing while pregant can be dangerous "under certain conditions".

So, what are those conditions? How would I know if I'm "at risk" this early on and before I begin dr. visits?

tia!!

loving Mama to Killian (6/07) and Breckin (3/26)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 73 Old 05-20-2008, 06:02 PM

The pain's back en force! Ouch! Makes me wonder if it's how nature tells us to wean, lol. Well, nature, I'm well-nourished enough that I don't need to, so *blows razz*!

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#63 of 73 Old 05-20-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanahan View Post
so, I keep hearing from some people that nursing while pregant can be dangerous "under certain conditions".

So, what are those conditions? How would I know if I'm "at risk" this early on and before I begin dr. visits?

tia!!
Those conditions are when you're a risk for preterm labor.

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#64 of 73 Old 05-20-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xakana View Post
Those conditions are when you're a risk for preterm labor.
That or you have an underlying medical condition that needs to be dealt with, but you would already know that. I weaned my 1st DD at 44 months when pregnant with the twins. At 12 weeks I was already having contractions when she nursed, and I knew it wouldn't pay to keep it up. My milk had gone anyway, so it was a mutual agreement and not traumatic. I am very nervous about the boys, though. They are only 19 months, and not even CLOSE to being ready to wean. I am working on night weaning, though.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#65 of 73 Old 05-21-2008, 12:28 PM

DS, 23mos, is still nursing. The sensitivity is beyond irritating. I desperately hope he cuts back soon; he's been nursing 4x/night lately. I think my milk supply is dwindling a bit, as he was really thirsty for other drinks yesterday.
#66 of 73 Old 05-21-2008, 05:55 PM

I'm glad to say nursing hasn't been painful yet! Good thing because DS (almost 2) still nurses a lot and I'm quite sure he won't be weaning during this pregnancy. My DS (3 1/2) is still nursing a bit too.

(Knock on wood!)

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#67 of 73 Old 05-21-2008, 06:17 PM

dd is still nursing like a fiend. she is night weaned but loves to nurse during the day. it doesn't hurt yet but it doesn't feel good either. i want to climb the walls when she nurses. i hope to at least continue until after our trip east in June/July. then we'll see.

Mummy to dd (Jan 13, '07) born by emergency c-section at 35 weeks due to severe pre-e  :ribboncesarean.gif and ds (Jan 30 '09) :hbac.gif and stork-suprise.gif    (06/11)
#68 of 73 Old 05-21-2008, 10:58 PM

Still nursing a 2 yr old here. It hasn't started hurting yet. But he nurses All.The.Time.--so we'll know when the milk dries up! I was tandem nursed with my sister as a child so I'd like to try it.

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
#69 of 73 Old 05-21-2008, 11:26 PM

I nursed until I was 3 months along, my perinatologist said that a women should only nurse up to 5 months of pregnancy. The first month my breasts were tender while nursing but it went away.
Good Luck Gals
#70 of 73 Old 05-22-2008, 02:34 AM

well, I just discovered today that I'm pregnant, though I must say, the fact that there has been piercing pain everytime ds (2 1/2) nurses could have told me that before I took the test.

I remember now what it was like when I got pregnant with ds and how my nipples ached all the time....and there was no babe eagerly nursing on them then. The pain is so intense, I don't know how I'm going to handle it.

I don't want to cut him off, he hasn't responded well to cutbacks I've tried to make in the past and I really wanted weaning to be a gentle, gradual and peaceful process.

But this!!! It's been torture and it's only been a couple of days.
#71 of 73 Old 05-22-2008, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Same here, although DD is only 10mo. I kept thinking she was biting me before I tested, but she never bites... Although at the time I didn't connect the two. Now I'm going "Oohhhh!"

She seems to be wanting to nurse MORE lately. I dunno if it tastes different or she gets more or what, but it's... a little annoying.
#72 of 73 Old 05-22-2008, 11:18 AM

My guy, who will be 3 in July is still nursing a few times per day and 2-3 times at night.

So far, I've not noticed much change, other than sometimes it's a little painful and most of the time I feel kind of empty - like my supply has lessened.

Molly, mama to my 3 sweet boys.
: : hale:
#73 of 73 Old 05-22-2008, 12:00 PM

I am nursing my 6.5 month olds daughter, I too thought she was biting recently could have been nipple sensitivity due to pregnancy. I am very nervous about losing my supply, since my supply dropped so quickly with DD2 and DD3. I am looking into More Milk two tincture or some other methods of increasing supply for my girl. She hasn't been taking bottles at all, and we just started trying any solids at all so I really want to keep up my supply as long as possible.

Nancy, Mom to Kyra (2005), Zoe (2006), Callie (2007) (2008), and Xavier (2009)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page