Do you have an appointment yet? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 05-11-2008, 02:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just found out I am pregnant on Thursday (yay! Just in time for Mother's Day!) and I have an appointment on Monday with my NP, just to confirm my 3 tests and such. I don't know yet if what to do for my prenatal care (as I don't know if she does it....but I am so comfortable with her n such). Although I did find out that my local hospital built a Birth Center like 30 years ago and is all about as natural as possible, so that was really exciting!

I cannot wait to get to the point that we can see our babies heartbeat!

Kathy Soup
Loving wife to an amazing SAHD : Mommy to Aviendha 01/19/09
#32 of 42 Old 05-12-2008, 12:12 PM

I have my first appointment with my midwife this Thursday! I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen and getting some reassurance, hopefully, that all is well.

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#33 of 42 Old 05-12-2008, 12:31 PM

I made my OB appt for Thursday--I see the NP for the first visit and they usually do an ultrasound. I have been feeling so bloated and have so much pressure in my lower abdomen, that I am a little worried, TBH. I've had surgery to repair a fallopian tube in the past, so my chances for an ectopic pg are a little higher than normal. I'm hopeful that all will go well, though. By LMP date I will be 6 weeks, but actual date will either be a little earlier or later.

Melissa, loving wife love.gif and mama to 4 girls now! DD 12, DD 10 1/2, DD 4, DD 2 Happily homeschool.gif, doing lots of hang.gif very little sleeping.gifof and as much as I can knit.gifsewmachine.gif reading.gif
#34 of 42 Old 05-12-2008, 02:26 PM

I saw the heartbeat this morning! I'm measuring 6 weeks (what I thought) and am due 1/6/09. Of course, now I have gas pains from an abundance of blueberries, so I'm having m/c fears, even though I know that's not it.
#35 of 42 Old 05-12-2008, 02:33 PM

I think I'm going to wait unil more towards the end of June for my first appointment. I already talked to my midwife and she's psyched for us. They don't typically see patients until they are through the first trimester since there really isn't anything that can be done other then the parent interviews. My midwife group is about an hour and 15 minutes away so we typically limit our visits!!!
#36 of 42 Old 05-12-2008, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Ruth that is so awesome!!! I hope they do an ultrasound when I go on the 20th... I am "due" 1/5/09 so if you saw your heartbeat now, I should be able to see mine then! I have no idea when my first u/s is though.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#37 of 42 Old 05-12-2008, 06:39 PM

Well I must win the award for the latest 1st appt. I won't see my midwife until 6/10. She wants you at least 8weeks so they can do an ultrasound and then she meets with you. We leave for vacation on my 8th week so I cant be seen until 6/10.
#38 of 42 Old 05-12-2008, 06:49 PM

I had my first OB appt today - she put me on m/c protocol. I am meeting with my midwife on the 20th but won't officially switch to her until 20 weeks.
#39 of 42 Old 05-12-2008, 10:24 PM

I had an appointment last Thursday with my RE for an ultrasound. At 5w5d, we saw a heartbeat. I go back to the RE May 28 for one last ultrasound to make sure everything is okay. We are then discharged from care of the RE.

We interviewed the homebirth midwife last Wednesday and hired her. Our first prenatal is June 11....I will be 10w4d. We are hoping to hear the heartbeat on the doppler at that time.
#40 of 42 Old 05-12-2008, 10:30 PM

I called my OB's office today. They don't see patients before 10-12 weeks, but because of my previous history of twins, they are going to see me at 8 weeks. I will have an u/s to rule out a second twin pregnancy and officially find an EDD. My guess is around the 18th of January, but it could be a little sooner. My b-day is the 14th, and we have at least 6 other birthdays in our family that month. Very exciting. Now I have to wait 4 whole weeks to tell my family.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#41 of 42 Old 05-12-2008, 11:13 PM

I just called my nurse practitioner (the one I saw for all of my pregnancy with DS) and set up an appt. for mid-June. I have to go in tomorrow for a blood test for their records, then I can set up my appt. for the dating u/s.

Mrs.Oz :, wife to Mr. Oz , mother to Boo : 2 years and Sissy 9 months.
: :
#42 of 42 Old 05-13-2008, 09:53 AM

Friday, June 13th. They say I'll be 8 weeks. I'm not sure about that, but I'm willing to go with it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page