Nipple pain vs. breast pain - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-05-2008, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm only having nipple soreness, but I read that the whole breast "is supposed to" get sore because milk glands are growing...? Does anyone else have only nipple pain? What does it mean? How does does this last? Will it expand into the rest of my breasts eventually?
*first-time pregnancy panic*

SAHM to DS Jan09, DD Mar11. lactivist.gifintactivist.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpguc.jpgwinner.jpggd.gifcaffix.gif

#2 of 6 Old 05-05-2008, 11:38 PM

You're fine! It's ok!

When I was first pregnant with DD, I would get that thing where you nipples get hard and really painful. It's called Raynaud's phenomenon, actually though that link doesn't specifically talk about it in pregnancy. After some time they did they get all sorta sore and engorged. I had cabbage leaves in my bra for like three weeks since that's supposed to help that sorta soreness. DH couldn't help himself, he kept cracking jokes about me bringing my own salad when we went out to eat.

But, not everyone gets the sore breasts or nipples, you could be one of those who don't!
#3 of 6 Old 05-06-2008, 09:38 AM

Last pregnancy my whole breast hurts from the beginning, but this time it's just my nipples. Nice, as this means that I can keep sleeping on my stomach for awhile -- last time it hurt too bad.
#4 of 6 Old 05-06-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel616 View Post
I'm only having nipple soreness, but I read that the whole breast "is supposed to" get sore because milk glands are growing...? Does anyone else have only nipple pain? What does it mean? How does does this last? Will it expand into the rest of my breasts eventually?
*first-time pregnancy panic*
Nope, you are not alone. My nipples hurt and my breasts only hurt a little. Like only when I take off my bra and bounce them. I've done it.

My entire breasts hurt really bad last time and I thought it was the progeterone that I am taking that made the whole breast not hurt.
#5 of 6 Old 05-06-2008, 11:18 AM

Definitely not alone.

It's just my nipples that are sore... remember there really is not "supposed to"... each women's body is different.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#6 of 6 Old 05-06-2008, 11:42 AM

ditto me...just the nipples.

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page