Mothering Forum banner

Introductions... :)

1K views 27 replies 26 participants last post by  AutumnJade 
#1 ·
Hi! I'm putting it out there in the universe that we're going to have lots to talk about over the next many months (our beautiful, healthy, growing babies, of course!), so shall we get to know one another?

Here's a little something to get us started, should you be so inclined:

1. Who are you?
2. Who are the most significant people in your life?
3. How do you spend your time?
4. What are your present thoughts/feelings/ideas/dreams/fears about this pregnancy?
5. If you had to describe yourself in three words, which would they be?

#2 ·
I'm Teresa.

I have a dh and a 2 1/2 y.o. ds and two big, slobbery, barky, hairy beasts.

I'm a teacher. I do a little bit of writing, too. I garden, knit, read, and bake. I spend ridiculous amounts of time and money at the local grocery co-op.

I'm putting a lot of positive energy around this pregnancy, but I'm trying not to hold on too tight, either, having had two miscarriages in the past and reached a place of peace with both.

My three words would be:

grounded, analytical, and wordy

#3 ·
Hi!

I'll be Bloomingstar still for now

The most significant people in my life are my DH, our kitty Sandy, my sister. And one of my sisters in law lives with us. My co-workers (I only have 3) figure in pretty big, along with a few friends from my dance company, and my old roommates from when DH and I were dating.

And what do I do with my time? Well, I work for a non-profit and I run programs for teenagers. It's great! I am finishing up school in a couple months--I'm in a program to become certified as a holistic health counselor. I'm starting a little health counseling business. I also dance with a dance company, and I am pretty active in the lay Buddhist organization I am a part of. Somehow in all of that I manage to spend a lot of time with my DH and work my monthly shift at the co-op!

I'm pretty excited about this pregnancy. It's my first, and we really just felt like it was time and we're ready! It feels like such and adult decision somehow, but one I was really ready to make. I've had "baby fever" for at least the past 2 years and it had gotten pretty intense the last 6 months or so. I really want to enjoy my pregnancy and just grow with it. I guess if I have fears they are that something may somehow go wrong. One of my cousins and his wife lost their baby at 6 months and it was really sad for the whole family (my extended family is huge and close). I hope that everything goes well for me and the baby health-wise and otherwise.

Three words to describe me:
insightful, energetic, passionate

#4 ·
1. Hi all! I am Jennifer, you can call me any variation of that

2. My daughter is top on my list, then my hubby, my parents, and my BFF Jamie...She is my rock
3. I am a SAHM. And have been nauseous for the past several weeks, so I haven't been doing anything other than watching tv and getting on here.
4. I still look for blood when I wipe; other than that, I am so excited to be pg and having a baby. My hubby just started rubbing my buda belly and realizing that I have a baby in there and am not just getting fat.
5. moody, crazy, mothering

#5 ·
1. Who are you? Hi! I'm Angela, but most people call me Ang
2. Who are the most significant people in your life? My husband, 3 beautiful children, mother-in-law, and of course my parents and their spouses

3. How do you spend your time? Chasing after 3 very busy kiddos! Right now though, trying to take it easy as much as possible!!!
4. What are your present thoughts/feelings/ideas/dreams/fears about this pregnancy? I'm terrified of something going wrong, but truly hoping for the best! I've never been this nervous, it isn't fun. I cannot WAIT to throw-up. I'm dreaming, literally, of a beautiful, healthy, active, pink, sweet baby nursing in my arms just after Christmas.
5. If you had to describe yourself in three words, which would they be? Anxious, Patient, and Loving

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyTree View Post
Hi! I'm putting it out there in the universe that we're going to have lots to talk about over the next many months (our beautiful, healthy, growing babies, of course!), so shall we get to know one another?

Here's a little something to get us started, should you be so inclined:

1. Who are you?
4. What are your present thoughts/feelings/ideas/dreams/fears about this pregnancy?
1. I'm Lauren
2. DH and DS
3. Chasing after DS, cleaning, laundry, diapers, cooking, and on here whenever I can be.
4. Excited at the prospect of another baby but also utterly terrified! I'm looking forward to doing some things different this time around but am not looking forward to going through the first couple months.
5. Patient, passionate, TIRED

#7 ·
Who are you? I am Carrie, mother of Porter

Who are the most significant people in your life? Porter, my 18 month old son...the bun baking in my oven...and my family and friedns

How do you spend your time? I spend my time chasing after Porter...working part time at a small weekly free newspaper designing ads, editing photos, typing, answering phone and doing whatever else needs to be done....taking lots of pictures and playing with photoshop...hope to soon get a part time gig going on with my photography....cooking...cleaning...hiking...

the list goes on...

What are your present thoughts/feelings/ideas/dreams/fears about this pregnancy? I am very full of mixed feelings, thoughts, idea, dreams, etc. about this pregnancy...but mostly i am healthy and thankful for this life growing inside....

If you had to describe yourself in three words, which would they be? unique, caring, blessed

#8 ·
1. Who are you? You can call me Kat.

2. Who are the most significant people in your life? My DH Ryan, my parents, my good friend D.A., who has been my inspiration for natural birth! And our dear little Split Pea Soup.
3. How do you spend your time? I love reading, drawing, watching movies and playing with our two dogs.
4. What are your present thoughts/feelings/ideas/dreams/fears about this pregnancy? My biggest concern is the unknown! I have almost a phobia of the unknown and it kinda scares me. But I'm trying to relax and trust that my body knows what it is doing if I listen to it.
5. If you had to describe yourself in three words, which would they be? Passionate, Loving and Blessed

#9 ·
1. Who are you?

I'm Kay. I'm a chiropractor. I own my practice and arrange my schedule so I can be with my kids a lot. I'm with them so much I haven't had any trouble keeping them nursing. Although my 3 1/2 year old seems to be weaning now.

My husband (SAHD) and sons.

Working, playing with my kids, gardening, traveling

We've been TTC for 8mos this time so...excited, relieved. I did have one early M/C so I'm a little worried too--although my gut tells me this baby will be okay. I'm also confused about where and when to see a doctor or midwife because I haven't been happy with my first two birthing experiences. I think I will consult with both, read, find out what my options are and listen to my gut.

caring, hard-working, perfectionist

#10 ·
Hi ladies!

1. I'm Rachel, 24 for one more month, living in NYC but dreaming of moving back to the midwest eventually.

2. DH, married for (almost) 1 year, but together for 5 1/2 yrs; my awesome Mom; my big sister; my 2 sweet kitties, adopted together a year and a half ago.

3. In law school, avoiding homework, online all the time! Reading constantly about babies and pregnancy.

4. I just had some light spotting this morning, so I'm trying to suppress the panic that I'll miscarry.
Otherwise, completely thrilled!

5. Anxious, excited, scattered.

#11 ·
Hello everyone!

1. My name is Emily, and I'm 34 years old

2. Definitely DH (my best friend), my parents, sister and my 3 nieces. Also love all over my 3 wiener dogs!

3. I'm a Pediatric Dentist so right now spend a lot of my time playing with other people's kids. In our spare time DH and I love to mountain and road bike, and hike (I guess I'll only be hiking for a while!). We also love seeing live Texas music. I love to bake and cook as well. I'm also an avid reader, hoping to get my fill in the next 9 months!

4. I'm pretty nervous about this pregnancy. I had a m/c at 12 weeks in August and subsequently found out I had a uterine septum (wall down the middle of my uterus) which caused the m/c. I had surgery in January to remove it. I know my uterus is now healthy, but there's still part of me that feels like there's no way I won't lose this pregnancy too. Otherwise I'm pretty excited to be pregnant and excited about the next 9 months and beyond.

5. Caring, giving, loving (and clumsy!)

#12 ·
1. I'm Laurel, 22, married to the love of my life, Mike, 27. I'm currently between jobs, trying to decide if I want to work on my degree, work until the baby is born, or what. Our goal is to be in the financial position for me to be a SAHM/WAHM after the baby arrives.

2. I'm pretty close emotionally to my family (DH isn't as much) but physically they're all far away. Same with my best friend. So, in my day-to-day life, DH is definitely #1 - we spend a lot of time together and with some good friends here in the town we're in... but I spend a looooot of time on the phone with my mom and best friend.

3. Right now I'm doing a little work for a friend of mine who owns a shop in the town we live in - otherwise, I'm online a lot, reading a book, playing with our dogs... I enjoy learning constantly, as I'm very curious by nature. I also love just hanging out with my husband - and look forward to adding a new little person to the mix.

4. I'm excited but nervous. I have a lot of miscarriage anxiety, mostly from my mom talking about how hard it was for her to get pregnant and how she had two miscarriages. She got pregnant several years later in her life than I did, however, and has a history of reproductive troubles... so I keep reminding myself we are different people, and I can't project her situation on myself. It's very exciting to watch my husband's reaction to it all - he's in awe and so happy. And as for literal dreams - before I got my BFP, I had a dream I had a very smart, engaging little girl - she was about 3 years old in the dream. Then, the other night, I had a dream I'd gone into labor (at the post office where I used to live, no less) and had a boy - the whole thing took two hours, and labor wasn't painful. However, after the fact I needed stitches - in my thigh!? THOSE were extremely painful... it was very weird.

5. My three words would be passionate, impetuous, and lazy. Hey, at least I'm honest!

#13 ·
1. Who are you? I'm Amanda
2. Who are the most significant people in your life? My almost-three-year-old daughter, Caroline, and my husband of 13 years, John
3. How do you spend your time? having fun with Caroline, reading, blogging (and reading blogs and message boards), freelance copyediting, and keeping house
4. What are your present thoughts/feelings/ideas/dreams/fears about this pregnancy? I'm so excited and plan to enjoy every minute -- even the sleepy, nauseous ones! I lost my last pregnancy in January at twenty weeks, so I know this is going to be a long, hard ride.
objective, organized, and obsessive (I like alliteration)

#14 ·
I am subbing in officially.
1. I am mamajody, EDD 1/18/09.
2. The most significant people in my life are my wonderful DH, My nearly 5 year old DD, and my darling twin boys who are 19 months this week.
3. How do I spend my time? This must be rhetorical. Let me restate, I have TODDLER TWINS!!!
: I am also a SAHM and I homeschool my kiddos. I used to be a teacher.
4. What are your present thoughts/feelings/ideas/dreams/fears about this pregnancy? See number 2 and 3. If I happen to be carrying a second set of twins, that would kill us financially. Emotionally we are total wrecks over the idea. It is mainly the fear of the unknown, but this wasn't planned at all. We were good and done. Surprise!
5. If you had to describe yourself in three words, which would they be? , Hungry, exhausted, and stretched little thin. This is me all the time, not just right now.

#15 ·
1. Who are you? Jenifer, an almost 27 year old... work in an administrative capacity for a hydralic company

2. Who are the most significant people in your life? My fiancee, Donald. My step-daugher Alex. My parents and sisters, and a few very dear friends

3. How do you spend your time? Don and I love to go for walks. We are busy taking Alex to visit the grandparents a lot too. And it's that time of year where there is a ton of graduations and other parties for my families, so just about every weekend is booked from here until September. lol I also run a small book/social club online.

4. What are your present thoughts/feelings/ideas/dreams/fears about this pregnancy? I am thrilled!!! I'm still in awe of the miracle that is taking place. I still can't beleive we caught the first egg after not having ovulated in 4 months!! God works in mysterious ways and I just feel incredibly blessed with my life.
I can't wait to see the heartbeat! I can't wait to see Don and Alex with our new baby and our family really be formed together.

Spirited Passionate Analytical

#16 ·
1. Ruth, SAHM (former attorney who will maybe go back to work in a few years)

2. My husband Craig, my son Nathan, my parents, grandmother, sisters and friends from an AP group in my town.

3. I love reading, parenting, going to playgrounds, hanging out with my parents, with my friends and on the computer! I also LOVE television, but limit it to when DS is asleep (excpet for his pbs shows).
4. I'm nervous because we m/c in January at 8.5 weeks, plus I'm high risk due to chronic hypertension and had pre-eclampsia with DS and had to be induced. I wish I could have a midwife or homebirth, but it's the hospital for me. I'm a little afraid of how DS will integrate the newbie in January, since he's intense and high needs, but it will happen, and he's already seen his sibling on the u/s monitor today! He calls it "Cookie"
5. Indecisive.

#17 ·
1. Who are you? My name is Katy, nice to meet you!

2. Who are the most significant people in your life? My DH and DD of course! They are the best things that have ever happened to me.

I am a WAHM, I work with breastfeeding moms, I an involved with our church, we do play groups, and hang out with friends
I also enjoy spending time with friends.

My current fear is the pregnancy not sticking. I am dreaming of a healthy pregnancy with an amazing birth center birth.

I guess the best would be...friend, wife, mom

#18 ·
Who are you? Prism, age 39, third pregnancy.

Who are the most significant people in your life? DH of 8 years, dd age 5, ds age 3. I am close to my family but they are far away. My two dearest friends are my 'non-blood' family who keep me sane!

How do you spend your time? Mostly playing w my 2 kiddos, reading books and I work about 3x/month as a nurse.

What are your present thoughts/feelings/ideas/dreams/fears about this pregnancy? I've been having a really hard time with this preg. It was not in 'my plan' and I've been having a hard time letting go. I am starting school for my Masters in the fall and didn't plan on being pregnant and delivering over winter break, then bf'ing a newborn during the next term. We were supposed to be done with our family and it's been hard for me to remember that another baby isn't the end of the world, that I just can't see the blessings bestowed upon me right now.

If you had to describe yourself in three words, which would they be?
I'll get back to ya on this one.

#20 ·
I put this one off long enough:

1. Who are you?
I'm the person people stare at in the street and then look away when they realize I noticed. I get books from the library weekly. I obsessively recycle. I can't get myself to spend money on clothes because there are always new books to buy. I'm an amateur gardener and an avid farmer's market shopper. People know me by name at my local birth center. Most of my family and friends roll their eyes a lot behind my back. Strangers sometimes ask me for advice at the health food store or the natural foods market. I know way too much about how food is produced for my own good.
Messenger of Allah, Muhammad, peace be upon him, is the man on whose life I base mine. I'm nowhere close to it, but that way there's always room for improvement.

After him, my husband and my daughter complete my existence. Who knew you can find the man you've had dreams about your whole life? And have a child with him? And soon, God-willing, another one?
Teaching and making things out of the ordinary in the kitchen. There's always something growing or culturing or fermenting. Bacteria are my friends!
I'm worried that if this is a set of twins that I can't have a homebirth. I'm scared of a hospital birth. If this is the case though, I'm going to get my midwife to be a doula and hopefully defend me from the epidural happy docs.
I'm actually looking forward to the family bed with two kids.
This has been tripping me up ever since I saw this post. Here are some off the top of my head though I might come and edit:
unconventional Muslimah

#21 ·
1. Who are you? I'm Reneé, most people call me Nay.

2. Who are the most significant people in your life? My husband and our two kids are the most important. My best friend is the person I've been closest to the longest. I have a few new friends I'm getting close to, and family.

3. How do you spend your time? Lot of reading, photography, baking, online, stuff like that.

4. What are your present thoughts/feelings/ideas/dreams/fears about this pregnancy? I'm so happy to be pregnant. We wanted a third baby. So far I've had two easy pregnancies and this one is starting out the same way.

5. If you had to describe yourself in three words, which would they be? Easygoing, quicktempered, happy.

#22 ·
1. Who are you? i'm rachel: a mother, a wife, a daughter, a questioner, a mischief-maker, a mess-maker, a compassionate care-giver, a critical thinker, a planner
2. Who are the most significant people in your life? my son, luke (13 mos); my husband, ryan (3 years in june); my mom; my best friend, melissa (due in august!)
3. How do you spend your time? unfortunately, i'm at work 48+ hours of the week. i go home to nurse/cuddle/play with my son at lunchtime every day. i spend my evenings with him, and my dh comes home at 9 every night. i'm training for a 10-mile race in august, so i run when i can. i rarely clean, do laundry, garden, or cook, which is a shame. i love to cook, and i'm good at it! i'm a little unbalanced these days, and i'm hoping to resolve that soon.
4. What are your present thoughts/feelings/ideas/dreams/fears about this pregnancy? i am so excited, but nervous. i'm an only child, so being around siblings will be a learning experience for me. i hope we can manage two as well as we manage one. i'm very dedicated to a completely natural childbirth, and i'm feeling much more prepared for labor this time around. i'm determined not to let anyone push me around.
5. If you had to describe yourself in three words, which would they be? well-intentioned, hopeful, analytical (my husband says i should add "tightly wound." thanks, love.)

#23 ·
I am Tonia. 28 years old. SAHM to 4 boys and nieghborhood mom as well.

The most significant people in my life are my children. They teach me about myself every passing day and they also are my basis for measuring all of my life choices. They are why I yell less and pick more wildflowers. They are why I wake up in the morning and make heart shaped pancakes. They are why I live where I live and do what I do. Also, my dear friends keep me grounded and make me laugh when I need it: Jennie, Jessica and Katie.

I spend my time firstly raising and schooling my children, usually with at least one extra child in the home that is not biologically mine. I love to read. I love to write. I spend a good portion of time on the internet researching and learning. I bake bread and do yoga and kickbox and dance crazy around teh livingroom with my kids and sing all day long. I praise God. I pray about everything. I do laundry and dishes. I laugh. I live hard and love true.

I am DETERMINED to have a homebirth. I wanted one since my first miscarriage when my entire view on pregnancy and birth changed. This is teh first time though taht it seems everything is finally in a place that I can do a homebirth. BUT I am worried about my fears. I usually hit transition and start panicking due to some issues within myself over loss of control, something I have bene working on alot these past two years. I also always have that tiny nagging fear of another mniscarriage (I have had 4) but I try to focus day to day. I am worried my milk will dry up as I am **** nursing my 11 month old but i am looking forward to tandem nursing. I am sooooo happy to be pregnant and am just walking on air and glowing at the prospect of another lil bean!

Three words to describe me: entergetic, creative, empathetic

#24 ·
Hi! I am joining now, but will probably move over to the Feb DDC when it comes...since my due date is so late, and I'm always one to two weeks overdue anyway.

1. Who are you? I am Kim, loving wife and mommy to 3.
2. Who are the most significant people in your life? My kids and hubby of course. I love my parents but they won't be happy about this pregnancy (esp my dad). Dh's mom is AWESOME! I also have a few close friends...two of whom are pregnant as well!!
3. How do you spend your time? Cooking, cleaning, reading, studying, crocheting
4. What are your present thoughts/feelings/ideas/dreams/fears about this pregnancy? I'm very excited and nervous. We weren't "trying" but were purposely not using any bc. So we knew it would happen and were fine with that. Just letting things take their course. The only fears I have are medical in nature...I'm worried something will go wrong (blood clots, death etc.). I've never had a problem before, but it still scares me. ALso, this will be my first time with a midwife and first homebirth so I'm slightly nervous about that as well. We will be trying to move to another state as soon as DH graduates school (December) so we may have to wait on that for a couple of months. I do worry about the stress of trying to find a home, move cross country, etc. Other than that, I'm totally thrilled!!!!!!!
5. If you had to describe yourself in three words, which would they be? Loving, goofy, smart

#25 ·
Hi I am another Kat. I am 34 yr old SAHM! This will be number 5 love bug.

I am amazingly blessed by the Lord to have DH for 14 yrs in my life and then it will be my 4 kids.

I spend most of my time homeschooling my kids. This pregnancy was greatly timed by the Lord because we are wrapping up school in a couple of weeks YEAH!! Besides that I am active in my church as well as advid exerciser. I have been sideline to doing swimming and some home DVD exercise programs.

My newest passion is learning and preparing for a "perfect" birth. Not perfect but look at birthing as a natural, beautiful experience instead of crazy woman in labor.

3 words to describe me chatty, neurotic, compassionate

#26 ·
wow~ there are so many moms of 4 or 5 kids here! amazing. i'm a newbie and this is #1.

1. Who are you?
i'm 37, artist/photographer/yogini, living in the marin (san francisco bay area)

my husband A, a few close girlfriends, my family

yoga, art/photography, freelance work (photography, webdesign, etc.). i'd been seeking PT work but now that i'm pregnant it feels like the most i'd want to do is something simple, easy, low-stress nearby on a temp. basis so the tact has changed i think.

since i'm 37 and it's my 1st, i'll feel more confident probably in a few weeks since i've heard many women (particularly older) have miscarriages in the 1st trimester. that said, my gut sense is i'm in great health & my mom was very fertile and this will be a solid pregnancy.

artist, seeker/questioner/explorer. is that 4
?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.