Mothering Forum banner

Creative ways to tell DH?

716 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  jasonswife06 
#1 ·
What ya got?

#2 ·
I wrapped the test up in tissue paper then put it in a gift bag, set it on the bed, and he opened it. It was kind of a " told ya so!!!" to him. He had been telling me for weeks that I wasnt pg, and that I needed to let it go. I was needless to say P*ssed that he told me that I wasn't.

We told my parents by buying my 6 YO DD a shirt that says "I'm a big sister!"

#3 ·
I actually send pics of the boys each separate, wearing a t shirt that said big brother. When the first pic came through, it was no big deal. I mean he is a big brother but when the second pic came through with my second eldest a co-worker looked at the photo and said, "big brother to who?" Then he realized!

If this is your first baby, you could get a t-shirt and write with fabric markers, "mom" or, "then there were three", "baby incubator" umm....."wee one inside"...or whatever floats your boat, then send a pic via computer or pin it up on the fridge.

My friend called her husband to dinner (the table was set everything) and she asked him if he would like a drink. He said yes, and she plunked a baby bottle down with milk in it!

You could get a father's day card and send it to him from his "wee little one".

Buy a cake and have written on it the month the baby will be born!

With one of mine ( I am on # 4) he was in the bathroom, and I slid the positve test under the door. I still remember him sitting on the pot and opening the door with such a suprised expression!

have fun!

#4 ·
Ours wasn't so sweet, but it was funny. It had been one of those weeks and dh and I were fried. Dh was lying in bed "resting" while the kids ransacked our bedroom. I called 4yo ds downstairs and told him to take the stick up to daddy and say, "Happy Freaking Mother's Day".
So, ds ran upstairs threw it on dh's chest and said, "Mama said, Happy freaking mother's day!" and he ran off. It was funny.

#6 ·
Nothing here since he was the one who first thought I was pregnant. I was in utter denial of the symptoms and he was like, well I think we both know you are pregnant and I was actually repeating "I am NOT pregnant" over and over again while peeing on the stick. The positive came up in literally seconds, before I had a chance to put the test down on the counter.

#7 ·
Quote:
yeah, it's a bagel, but it was the best i could do on short notice!
:

Well I just told my dh right away. But someone told me a good one a while back. They bought their dh a card, and inside wrote something to the effect of "Price of this card $2.99" "Gas money to go get the card $5.00" "The look on your face when I tell you that I'm pregnant...Priceless!"

You could change it up. But I liked it.

#9 ·
We had TTC so I knew that I might be pregnant. When test time came, i was out of town. I bought a test and it was + so I took a picture of it with my cell phone and texted him the message. It was really cute. He called me and said, "So..what are you trying to tell me."

But it was really hard to get the positive to show up on the test, because I tested before I was even late. But it as a lot of fun!

#11 ·
dh was working so I went & bought a onsie that said I love Daddy, laid that & the test on our bed. I took him to the bedroom under false pretenses (like I wanted to have my way with him
) but then flicked on the lights and he saw it
not the most creative but it was fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.