We get to COMPLAIN HERE!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 62 Old 05-24-2008, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OK ladies! We all know there are complaints that go along with pregnancy. Sure we are very happy to have this tiny little miracle growing inside of us but at the same time it just plain sucks sometimes! We get sick, fat, smelly and tired. How could we NOT complain!
Our husbands will be tired of hearing it (Plus they don't understand), our friends will be tired of hearing it. Heck, we'll be tired of thinking it! Here is our chance to just complain. I am sure we will all have them from time to time.
Let it out ladies!! We deserve it!
#2 of 62 Old 05-24-2008, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so tired of getting tired jsut washing the dishes. Bleh.

Great thread.
#3 of 62 Old 05-24-2008, 09:16 PM

Yeah, what a great thread! Makes me feel better already, because I know you guys will most likely understand!

I feel really wierd this pg...like my body is not my own. I get irritated at the least little thing, everything I touch feels hot, I don't want to eat anything, and I worry about any little thing I feel. Sheeesh, this is my 4th kid, you think I'd be used to it!

Maybe I'm just getting old (I'm 34, 35 in a few months) .

Melissa, loving wife love.gif and mama to 4 girls now! DD 12, DD 10 1/2, DD 4, DD 2 Happily homeschool.gif, doing lots of hang.gif very little sleeping.gifof and as much as I can knit.gifsewmachine.gif reading.gif
#4 of 62 Old 05-24-2008, 09:20 PM

i feel like i'm going through the day with a much shorter fuse and feeling easily irritated. i had to change a poopie diaper and the smell nearly made me gag.

Mummy to dd (Jan 13, '07) born by emergency c-section at 35 weeks due to severe pre-e  :ribboncesarean.gif and ds (Jan 30 '09) :hbac.gif and stork-suprise.gif    (06/11)
#5 of 62 Old 05-25-2008, 09:57 AM

I am tired of feeling sick. Already! And I am only about 5 weeks. I am tired of being paraniod every day wondering whether the DHA portion of my prenatal is about to come back up.
#6 of 62 Old 05-25-2008, 11:55 AM

I am tired of feeling like road kill. I am tired of my DH being unable to control the kids on weekend mornings when I want to sleep in. I am tired of folks offering to help, but not following through. I just want somebody to put food and drink in my hand so I don't have to go into the kitchen, which makes me gag. I want to be pampered and treated like a queen like I was the first time I was pg. I want to hurry up and have my u/s so I can stop worrying about "what if I have twins again".

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#7 of 62 Old 05-25-2008, 11:58 PM

i'm tired of feeling horribly guilty for not being absolutely thrilled about this pregnancy. i can't stop worrying about things like affording the medical bill from delivery, affording diapers for two kids, paying for preschool, and general nonsense like that. i know we'll work it out, and none of it compares to the joy of another child, but for now, it's all i can think about.
#8 of 62 Old 05-26-2008, 01:52 PM

I am tired of being tired. Drop dead, pure exhaustion, could-fall-down-on-pavement-and-sleep-for-a-month TIRED.
I am sooooo b!tchy this time around. Usually I am just emotional and cry at the slightest thing whilst preggers but this time it is like perpetual PMS and I am always annoyed with everyone as if the whole world is full of morons and I am the only one with a brain! Though logically I KNOW it is ME....but god forbid someone say it is "just hormones!"
#9 of 62 Old 05-26-2008, 05:09 PM

Ok, here's mine: I'm sick of having nausea already! I don't even have to eat for it to start! In fact, any meal I eat is accompanied with feeling quite ill. Also not looking forward to the heartburn or the carpal tunnel from my last pregnancy. Maybe I'll skip over them this time--that would be a blessing, considering my summer income depends on my knitting!!

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
#10 of 62 Old 05-27-2008, 12:12 AM

I need to complain about the dog.

Somehow on the day we found out I was pg, dh took the kids to look at puppies. When he called to come home with one I had been sitting staring at the wall in shock for a few hours. So I said, bring it on, I'm already in shock.

Little did I know...........

He craps everywhere, and I gag and wretch so horribly I can't pick it up. I hired the neighbors son to do it, but he hasn't been quick enough for the neighbor in between us, and she's yackin' and blabin' up a storm.

So, I hate the dog, hate the neighbor, blah blah blah.......

Oh, and I'm so on board with just put food and drink in my hand please,
and while you're at it, feed the kids!
#11 of 62 Old 05-27-2008, 12:16 AM

Gentle hugs and seltzer and lemonade and crackers for all the moms in this thread! And a mom's helper to take care of the other people and/or animals in the house.
#12 of 62 Old 05-27-2008, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism View Post

Oh, and I'm so on board with just put food and drink in my hand please,
and while you're at it, feed the kids!
and clean the fricken house, too, if you don't mind.
#13 of 62 Old 05-27-2008, 09:31 AM

I'm just crabby today... every thought ends in irritability and I'm trying so hard to shake it because some stuff on my mind that I'm agitated about I have no control over so it does no good what so ever to get myself upset over it... I love how I can think logically but still be in an agitated tizzy. GRrrr!

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#14 of 62 Old 05-27-2008, 11:54 AM

I'm so very tired of being starving hungry, nothing sounding good, by the time I do find some food to eat, I can only eat half of it and my stomach turns off...I'm still hungry...I'M NOT DONE!

I feel like I'm in a war with food, it's a struggle to eat. I'm tired of fighting with food.

I haven't found my staple food yet and it's ticking me off. Although...I did ask DH to get me Wendy's fries 3 different times this weekend... hmm
#15 of 62 Old 05-27-2008, 12:05 PM

I, too, am sick of feeling so ucky. NOTHING looks good. I just choked down an Amy's frozen black bean and corn creation because I need some protein, but flesh is gross (I am not normally a vegetarian).

I am sad and embarassed that I just cannot cook dinner for ds. DH is okay eating cereal for dinner, but my 3 year old is not. He's going to get PB&J, grilled cheese, or frozen pizza for the next couple of weeks. Everything else makes me SICK!
#16 of 62 Old 05-27-2008, 02:14 PM

my cousin in law just had her baby and it brought up all sorts of feeling left over from my dd's birth. i think i have PTSD. it doesn't hlep that i'm uber hormonal.

Mummy to dd (Jan 13, '07) born by emergency c-section at 35 weeks due to severe pre-e  :ribboncesarean.gif and ds (Jan 30 '09) :hbac.gif and stork-suprise.gif    (06/11)
#17 of 62 Old 05-27-2008, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I DON'T WANT TO BE TIRED ANYMORE!!! I feel like I could sleep ALL day!
I don't want to be a freak show family anymore. Whenever someone asks how many we have they cover us in questions and exasperation. Just wait until I start to show. People will for sure be pointing and questioning.
NO WE ARE NOT CRAZY!! Stop asking us that!!
Phew..vent over.
#18 of 62 Old 05-27-2008, 11:10 PM

oh...definatly my turn. I am so sick of feeling sick, just quit with the all day nausea already!!! And don't get me started on tired, I sleep 12 hours at night and still spend the day drop dead exauhsted!! Somebody please do all of the following
1. Clead the house to dh ocd standards.
2. Make DH feel as lousy as I do so he really knows!
3. Please keep ds busy for a few weeks
4. Feed the kid, feed the husband, feed me!
5. Pay all the medical bills so I can stop freaking out
6. Tell people to stop congratulating me, I don't like it.

Thans it for now.
thanks for this thread
#19 of 62 Old 05-28-2008, 12:22 PM

I just want to stop feeling like crap! I'm so nauseas all day long. The biggest problem is I have to be nice to small children all day feeling like death warmed over and it's no fun! I'm tired of pretending that I feel good, 'cause I really don't! I'm tired of eating all.day.long trying to stave off nausea, but not enjoying a bit of the food. I'm also exhausted. I spend the entire day thinking about how I can't wait to go to sleep and then when I get in bed I can't for the life of me fall asleep. Then the alarm clock goes off and it all starts over again. I really don't know how I'm going to deal with 5-6 more weeks of this!

Thanks for starting a vent thread, I needed that!

Emily, happily married for 9 years, , Graeme 1/9/09, due 10/10, 8/07, and lovin' all over my 3 licky :
#20 of 62 Old 05-28-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMa View Post
I'm just crabby today... every thought ends in irritability and I'm trying so hard to shake it because some stuff on my mind that I'm agitated about I have no control over so it does no good what so ever to get myself upset over it... I love how I can think logically but still be in an agitated tizzy. GRrrr!
That's me! I got SOOO pissed at this Verizon woman who called my office yesterday (they'd screwed up our service and were trying to fix it in some really dumb way) that I finally told her she just needed to talk to someone else because I was NOT the one right now. I'm not usually that rude or grumpy, but oh boy. This week I need to just stay silent or I might end up cussing someone out for no reason.

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#21 of 62 Old 05-28-2008, 01:48 PM

OK, here's mine:
--I already have a new varicose vein, on my lower right calf, huge purple right where everyone can see it ALL SUMMER even if I wear long shorts/capris!!!! And it hurts *pout*

--AND I'm already swollen. My rings already don't fit. Last pregnancy I looked like the stay-puft marshmallow woman. My legs already look like chicken skin-textured sausages stuffed into flip-flops that are already leaving red lines on my feet. boooooo. . . . .
#22 of 62 Old 05-28-2008, 02:08 PM

Feeling nauseous with major food aversions here.

We need to move in 6 weeks and are looking to buy a house so DH has been VERY busy with that and I'm not getting much help and I'm very very tired.

Besides the fact that my toddler is hitting two and everything that goes with it and I need to pack my entire house!

Ahhhhhh!

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#23 of 62 Old 05-28-2008, 02:18 PM

Food! It's all about food. We had to drive to the BMV today to renew our license and the whole ride I kept wanting to tell DH to pull over so I could puke. He kept asking me if I was okay, and yet every time I said "no!", he seemed upset. I mean, what does he expect me to do, lie? And then we had a problem with our bank account and he seemed to blame me (although who knows if that was true or if I was just being paranoid).

My legs hurt. My belly hurts. I have gas like nothing i've ever felt before. I can't get comfortable, I'm always cold.

And worst of all, we got tags for our motorcycle today, but we can't go riding because of DD. And I won't ride without him in case something happens. It's not DD's fault but I still feel a little bitter.
#24 of 62 Old 05-29-2008, 12:55 PM

my coworker asked me when my "pregnancy endorphins" will kick in so I'll stop being so grumpy. I rolled my eyes at her and said they kick in after the birth so suck it up! : But then I was thinking and what I'd like to tell her is this:

you try spending 2/3rds of your waking hours feeling exhausted, nauseous, pooping, passing gas, feeling the need to poop or pass gas, eating, being hungry again, an still trying to function at work and feed and clean yourself and other humans and animals and tell me if your name will be merry f-ing sunshine!

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#25 of 62 Old 05-29-2008, 02:07 PM

Bloomingstar you should make a sign for that! lol

I feel... I don't know... I think I'm being extra sensitive for no reason, but I'm not sure... what do you ladies think?

Some friends of mine started a baby poll for me... they didn't ask me, didn't even tell me about it, I just stumbled upon it. It's one of those guessing the gender, date & time of birth, weight and length...

For some reason it has me really weirded out that they didn't ask me if it was okay first. Like they are guessing on my child, and I don't know.. it just feels rude to me to do this without consulting me first.

I know it's just for fun or whatever, but it was rather surprising to come across it.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#26 of 62 Old 05-29-2008, 04:15 PM

It's too early for a baby poll. I'd not be happy either. That sorta thing needs to be done after week 30! :

This kid I babysit, he just started walking and with that came all the developmental sleep disturbances and grumpyness. I can barely hold my own when he and DD are happy but when he's spending at least half the time crying for NO REASON I just want to skoosh him. I know, he's high needs and going through some rough things and his eczema is flared up. But I'm very tired and sick to my stomach and I just want him to give me a break. I hope it's better next week.
#27 of 62 Old 05-29-2008, 05:29 PM

Hugs to you, serena, that is really rough!
#28 of 62 Old 05-29-2008, 06:47 PM

Okay, in the past month my fiance lost his job and STILL has not found work and we have till JULY 1ST to find a new place to live...... He is out all day jobhunting and doing odd jobs (mowing lawns, etc... to make extra money) so I am having to do all teh cleaning and packing and house hunting.......UGH! I am soooo wore out mentally and physically.
I am sick of wasting food cuz noting is appetizing but I know logically I HAVE to eat so I TRY but give up after a few bites cuz it all makes me feel like crap.
#29 of 62 Old 05-29-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiemum21580 View Post
Okay, in the past month my fiance lost his job and STILL has not found work and we have till JULY 1ST to find a new place to live...... He is out all day jobhunting and doing odd jobs (mowing lawns, etc... to make extra money) so I am having to do all teh cleaning and packing and house hunting.......UGH! I am soooo wore out mentally and physically.
I am sick of wasting food cuz noting is appetizing but I know logically I HAVE to eat so I TRY but give up after a few bites cuz it all makes me feel like crap.
I hear you! Believe it or not, my DH has been layed off just before we found i was pregnant Both times!! I am crossing everything I possess that it doesn't happen again this time.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#30 of 62 Old 05-29-2008, 09:48 PM

Oh, this is so the thread for me today. Let's see:

1) I can't eat anything. This causes me to feel like I'm starving my poor unborn child and probably causing a host of irreversible problems I'll have to carry guilt for for the rest of my life.
2) I am totally irrational even though I know I'm being totally irrational. See point #1.
3) Husband works too much. He hates it. I hate it. But, after coming home from a week away from him, I did not want to hear about it for an hour.
4) Because husband works too much and I've been gone, our dogs have been cooped up for entirely too long and have now hit the bouncing-off-the-walls point. I cannot deal with them when they are like this.
5) I did not sleep well at all last night.
6) I am not happy about being at work today.
7) I feel like I can't breathe. I am constantly yawning - I think it's because I feel like I'm not getting nearly enough oxygen.
8) The weather is craptastic today, which reduces my already nonexistent motivation levels by a factor of 10.
9) I do not want to live where we live anymore, but I really don't have the energy to find another rental and move.
10) The fact that I feel like I can't deal with anything - keeping the house clean, the dogs, basic cooking for myself or my husband, my own hormones and emotions - makes me feel like I am totally NOT cut out for being a mom.

So there's my top ten for the day. *thud*

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page