Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Let's get to know JSMa!!!
#2 of 26 Old 05-26-2008, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just checking in quick before going to the movies with the fiancee.

Hmm... about me... I will be 27 in August. I will also be getting married then, 08/08/08. This is my second marriage, as well as his. I am gaining a wonderful step-daughter. We are doing a really small ceremony, and taking a wonderful week long vacation to Bar Harbor Maine. I'm really excited and looking forward to the beautiful and peaceful time we have planned.

Our story is unique... he was actually my high school sweetheart. He was a few years older than me and when we got engaged when I graduated we just wanted different things in life at the time and ended up parting ways... This past summer we were both going through a divorce and my sister ran into him at a club... turns out neither of us stopped thinking about each other and always hoped the other was happy. "if you love something, set it free... if it comes back to you, it's meant to be." That is how him and I felt and even though we hadn't spoken in 7 years, we new instantly that we were meant to meet again and belonged together.

I have never been happier.

In December we started TTC... but it turned out I had stopped ovulating... I started taking Maca and Vitex in March, and low and behold I ovulated in April and we caught it.

I had my first appointment with the mid-wife last week and will be going for a dating ultrasound this coming Friday just to be triple-y sure. We are taking Alex, my step-daughter, to it. We are trying to involve her in a lot and she is excited about becoming a big sister.

Hobbies... I LOVE movies, and watch a lot of different ones. We go walking at different parks a lot. Also, I run a small book/social club that revolves around the series by Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time.

Pregnancy thoughts... queasyness comes and goes most of the day, and I had a wicked headache that lasted a few days over the end of last week... feeling pretty good the last two days, which of course has me worried. Like where did the symptoms go? But I am entering my third month, so the worst tri is almost over from what I hear.

I suppose I rambled enough for now.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#3 of 26 Old 05-26-2008, 12:55 PM

Do you want a boy or a girl?

How old is your step-daughter?

What is your favorite breakfast food?

Any weird food aversions or cravings so far?

How many kids would you like to have total?

Where are you getting your wedding dress?

Katie, mama to one big boy (6/03) and one little boy (12/08).
It is never the wrong time to do the right thing.
#4 of 26 Old 05-26-2008, 01:30 PM

Fav color
fav animal
fav flower

If you could live anywhere....where would it be?
#5 of 26 Old 05-27-2008, 08:59 AM

Do you want a boy or a girl?
I actually don't have a strong preference right now... I just want a healthy beautiful baby. lol DP would like a boy as he already has a girl, but obviously will be happy with either.

How old is your step-daughter?
She will be 4 on July 7

What is your favorite breakfast food?
I'm not the biggest fan of breakfast... never have been, and until now I usually didn't eat breakfast... now I have to... it's usually an oatmeal bar or some fruit.

Any weird food aversions or cravings so far?
I have an aversion to cake! lol Seriously, I look at it and want to run to the bathroom. :x I get cravings randomly... nothing too off the wall though. More times than not it's for nacho cheese. lol

How many kids would you like to have total?
We will likely have one more after this one.

I am hoping the dress I got already will still fit... It's a simple ball gown... not traditional at all... in fact it's black with a white cuff at the top. It's very classy and elegant though and I just loved it. We had a dinner event on a cruise last month and I didn't want to have to buy two dresses, so found something that could work for both.

Fav color
Purple and green.

fav animal
Cats and butterflies

fav flower
Roses and cala lillies

Yes I had to choose two for each. lol

If you could live anywhere....where would it be?
Honestly... right here where I am with all of my family. I lived in a few different places. I do love New England, but the winters are too cold there for me to live comfortably year round. Everywhere I lived I missed my family too much and where I grew up in general... only an hour from major cities like NYC and Philly... a little over an hour from the ocean, and lots of rolling hills and mountains and beautiful forests all around.

~~~~~

Today I'm crabby. I couldn't fall asleep forever last night... just did not want to get out of bed at all today. My mind is running in vicious circles and it won't stop. lol I think I'm anxious over this weekend... Step-daughter's dance school is apparantly run by morons... her dress rehersal is Saturday night... 5 - 10 PM... and we have to stay the whole time because they put her class towards the end. What genius thought to put a class of 2-4 year olds on towards 10 at night! Makes me so angry... that is sooo incredibly past her bedtime and even with a nap, she usually falls alseep before then, and when she gets too tired she just screams and cries for her Mother. So not looking forward to it. *sighs*

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#6 of 26 Old 05-27-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMa View Post
I am hoping the dress I got already will still fit... It's a simple ball gown... not traditional at all... in fact it's black with a white cuff at the top. It's very classy and elegant though and I just loved it. We had a dinner event on a cruise last month and I didn't want to have to buy two dresses, so found something that could work for both.
That sounds lovely. I was curious because while I was already married (we eloped about 8 months before I got pregnant with our son), we had a wedding ceremony and reception on our 1 year anniversary, by which time I was pregnant. I bought a dress off the rack, and at that point was *just* able to wear about the same size as pre pregnancy. I was about 5 months along with my first. It showed, but not so much I could not wear the dress.

Congrats, I hope it goes really well!

Katie, mama to one big boy (6/03) and one little boy (12/08).
It is never the wrong time to do the right thing.
#7 of 26 Old 05-27-2008, 11:16 AM

Thanks! I am hopeful it will be fine, because it was a little big, as I had to get a the next size up for my chest. So I'm hopeful. *nods*

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#8 of 26 Old 05-27-2008, 11:54 AM

I have to ask, since you live in Eastern PA (where I grew up) and we're the same age (I'll be 27 in 2 weeks) what High School did you go to?

Wife to a wonderful DH, Mom to 3 amazing girls and one special boy, IBCLC, supporter of moms. 
#9 of 26 Old 05-27-2008, 11:56 AM

Wilson Area High School, in good old Easton, PA. you?

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#10 of 26 Old 05-27-2008, 01:24 PM

Oh that's right! I think you mentioned that before. I graduated from Whitehall High School. My best friend at the time is an Easton Grad, had lots of friends who were at Liberty and Freedom, and I worked in Phillipsburg at the time....Such a small world!

Wife to a wonderful DH, Mom to 3 amazing girls and one special boy, IBCLC, supporter of moms. 
#11 of 26 Old 05-27-2008, 01:35 PM

I had a few friends from P-Burgh and Liberty. *nods* Mostly just knew my cousins and some other band people from Easton.

My DP graduated from Pen Argyl.

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#12 of 26 Old 05-27-2008, 01:44 PM

I went to church in Bethlehem, so I knew people from all over. You mentioned band, were you in the Marching Band? I was in the color guard, and indoor guard for freshman and sophomore years, then I screwed up my knee and after my surgery I couldn't keep up, so I played in the pit jr and sr years.

#13 of 26 Old 05-27-2008, 02:26 PM

Yup, marching and concert band, and woodwind ensemble. I played the clarinet. I was also in chorus, and an audition only women's chorus, as well as selected for county chorus my senior year.

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#14 of 26 Old 05-27-2008, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Do you have names picked out?

Home or hospital birth?

Epidural or no?

What are you most nervous about?

What are you most excited about?

Have you always wanted children?
#15 of 26 Old 05-27-2008, 02:41 PM

If you could only eat 1 food for a week....what would it be?:

Fav tea?
where you you see yourself "your life" in 10 years?
#16 of 26 Old 05-27-2008, 03:26 PM

Do you have names picked out?
We do! Girl ~ Kallie Elizabeth Boy ~ Ethan Joseph

Home or hospital birth?
Hospital, but going as natural as possible with a midwife

Epidural or no?
Nope! I'm more scared of needles going near my four fibromyalgia tender points than anything else. lol

What are you most nervous about?
Being able to do it all. I will have to return to work after my leave is over, and I'm scared about balancing being a Mother and going to work and still having enough energy to be a good mama... and I'm scared of missing any firsts because of it. I have faith it will all work out okay though...

What are you most excited about?
Having a baby! Having this little person that is half me and half DP, yet uniquely their own person. It is just beautiful.

Have you always wanted children?
Yes and no... I pretty much always had the thought that it would happen someday, but was definitely never fully on board with it until I was fully ready, and that feeling didn't happen til about 2 years ago.

If you could only eat 1 food for a week....what would it be?
How in the world do you want me to pick just one? *cries* I'm a foodie... I heart food, especially pastas and chinese and mexican... I can't do it... I can't pick one. lol

Fav tea?
Raspberry Earl Gray

where you you see yourself "your life" in 10 years?
Well, hopefully with family complete with step-daughter, and two children with DP... hopefully in a beautiful house in Wilson school district, and possibly a dog. lol

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#17 of 26 Old 05-27-2008, 11:45 PM

Oooh I went to Lehigh so I know the Easton/Bethlehem area too! I think it's beautiful there. I want to get back to the east coast in the next few years. No questions for now- just needed to share.

ps- love your names - I guess I do have a question- Do they have any meaning (family names etc.) or did you choose them because you just really liked the names? Have you had the names picked out for a long time?

Mommy to DS1 5/07 and DS2 1/09 , wife to an awesome hubby. And someone new coming in March!
#18 of 26 Old 05-28-2008, 09:24 AM

I've liked Kallie for a long time, it's classic but with a more Celtic type of spelling, I think. Almost immediately after DP and I got back together we were talking names, and he said Ethan, and I said I liked it... the name conversation surfaced a few times and it always came up, so it's sticking.

The middle names are our middle names. Elizabeth has been passed down for some time now. It was my Great Grandmother's first name, both of my Grandmother's middle name, and mine. And I think my Great Grandmother may have had it passed to her too.

DP is the first with the middle name Joseph, but we'd like to pass it on.

~~~~

Today's update.... mood seems better, except for some agitation from friends. Was nautious this morning, which caught me off guard as I had been feeling relatively fine for a couple of days.

And I'm feeling better about the weekend! The dance school changed rehearsal time again! I wish those people would get their act together... but at least we won't be out til after 10 pm with a 3 year old now. It is now 9-11 in the morning... much happier.

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#19 of 26 Old 05-29-2008, 08:50 AM

Today's update...

I wake up every night between 1:30 and 2:30 am to pee... I have a heck of a time getting back to sleep then... and I get up at 5:30 am to get ready for work. I am sooo tired! No matter what I have tried to drink less at night and/or stop early and go right before bed.. I still wake up to go! Agh! lol

Only one more day til I see the baby!!

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#20 of 26 Old 05-29-2008, 09:35 AM

More... lol

My Mother is driving me nuts already. She keeps calling all excited about the ultrasound tomorrow. Her and my DSD both want me to have twins.

It runs pretty big in my family. Both my great grandmother and grandfather were twins. My one great grandmother had three sets of twins, my Aunt had twins. My Mom says on her family line my generation is up to get twins.

She just keeps asking, "so tomorrow you find out for sure if you will have twins or not, are you sure you will find out positively tomorrow?" lol

It's cute, but annoying too. lol It would be really awesome to have twins, but scary too! Two at once for the first time? Woah! And I don't want to get it in my head and be comfortable and excited about it and then have it not be... though I don't think that will really happen, because I'm just going to be ecstatic seeing a baby in there. hehe

Is it tomorrow yet? hehe

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#21 of 26 Old 05-29-2008, 10:56 AM

Jennifer you are so cute and it has been fun reading about you.

Here are my q's for you:

Why did you decide to ttc before your wedding?

What kind of food are you going to have at your wedding?
(I'm a foodie too and I'm sure I'm just looking for some new cravings!):

do you have names picked out for twins?

what kind of care do you have in mind for when you return to work?

Blessings for your u/s tomorrow!
#22 of 26 Old 05-29-2008, 11:27 AM

Aww *blushes* Thank you Prism.

Why did you decide to ttc before your wedding?
I've had baby fever for about two years... I was TTC for a little bit with my ex-husband before things got really bad between us and I realized we were not going to make it...

Don (DP) was my first real love. He was always the one I compared everyone to after we split. I cannot even tell you how many times I sat and wondered "what if?" I knew in my heart if him and I had gotten married back when we were together the first time we'd have at least 2 children together by now. It was always this cozy dream I went to, we had the house and the family, and it was something that sort of plagued me for awhile. When we were together we had one of those morphing pics done to see what our child would look like... even though that was, gosh, probably about 8 years ago that little boys face is still very vivid in my mind.

When we got back together we knew it was our fate and we knew we were getting married. I refused to get back on BC and we were using the good old "pull out" method... when my period didn't show in October and we thought we might be pregnant, we were ecstatic. We knew it wasn't the best of times, but we would have been thrilled anyway. When all the tests were negative, it would break my heart each time, and I'd cry.

In November when nothing was still going on and he said he saw how much it meant to me to have a baby and that he would love to have a baby with me, so we made the decision then that it will happen for us when it is meant to.

I started charting in January trying to figure out what was going on and why my period hadn't shown up yet and still all negative tests. I loved learning so much about my body.

That is pretty much when Don got really excited and started asking what my temp was everyday and such.

I guess I don't have a real solid reason, other than, it's what we decided to do... it's what felt right to us. We basically put it in God's hands, as things weren't working right with me, and we knew it would happen when it was meant to, just like us meeting up again after so many years of wondering.

We figured it all didn't have to happen in perfect order, we knew we'd be married regardless by time baby came. lol

Plus, even though I know in the grand scheme of things we aren't "old"... I feel it. I have fibromyalgia and I want to have children sooner than later... I honestly already feel like I am starting really late. Most of the people I went to school with already have two children, usually one at least school-aged.

So now that I've rambled enough... It felt like our time, and God finally agreed.

What kind of food are you going to have at your wedding?
(I'm a foodie too and I'm sure I'm just looking for some new cravings!)
We are being slackers... lol We both already had the huge extravagant wedding with catered food and the whole nine yards... we wanted a simple, small, just immediate family members ceremony. We are doing a Friday night wedding, and just doing cake and sparkling cider. We are putting our money towards a nice honeymoon for just us. We both didn't really have a real honeymoon in our first weddings and it's something we both really regretted... so as a sort of "been there done that" we wanted this time to be about us and what we wanted instead of caving to family demands.

do you have names picked out for twins?
lol no! That would be a whole new curve ball in the mix. hehe cross that bridge if it happens.

what kind of care do you have in mind for when you return to work?
DP and I work opposite shifts, so he will be with the babe while I'm at work, then we switch. My sister and Mom will likely help out too for us both to get some sleep. I don't want a baby in daycare and will do everything in my power to make that not happen.

I think the receptionist at the u/s place thinks I'm nuts. You would think they would be used to this. She called to remind me of my appointment tomorrow... as if I could forget!!! lol And I asked if they did print outs for a picture... and she is like, "um, you know it's going to be really small, right?" me... "yes, but I'd like a picture anyway. " thinking... um, no kidding it's going to be small, but it's still my very first baby picture ever!! hello!!! Don't mess with the pregnant woman.

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#23 of 26 Old 05-29-2008, 05:26 PM

Your story is so cool!
Thanks for sharing so much!
#24 of 26 Old 05-30-2008, 08:22 AM

Thanks.

Ugh... all agitated again this morning. DP just does not think at all sometimes!! He got this special drafting project from my Uncle yesterday and got $100 up front for doing it... He asked me today if he could use it to go get another booster seat for his daughter so we don't have to switch it between our cars anymore. I bit my tongue and simply said I think there are more important things to spend money on right now, but I wanted to flip!!!

Why does his daughter need TWO carseats before the baby has ANYTHING??!!! GRR!

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#25 of 26 Old 06-02-2008, 01:24 PM

Just wanted to wrap up and say... the ultrasound was awesome! I feel so much more relaxed now knowing there really is a baby in there and everything is all good.

We saw the heartbeat and it's little limbs moving around. So cute!

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#26 of 26 Old 06-02-2008, 07:12 PM

yay for you and your baby!
thanks for sharing everything.
tell your hubby it's garage sale season and he
can get a 2nd carseat cheap (I saw a britax for $10!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page