when are you going in to be seen? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 06-02-2008, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyblessedmama View Post
yeah, I realized an hour after I posted that I may have been in for "go in for an appointment? why" and posts about how UP/UC is better.

Not that it isn't for some, but not me, I have had issues in the past where I need to have medical oversight for my own comfort and the baby's health.

So I'm glad I'm not the only one "going in".
I hope you didn't take my post that way. I have similar issues as you, but for my sanity this time around, I need to just let it go and let be what will be. I canceled my appt. for tomorrow and rescheduled for 12 weeks 2 days. Maybe I am protecting myself. The less I worry, obsess and figure, the less hurt I'll be if this little one decides it's not his time to be here.

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 37 Old 06-03-2008, 05:30 PM

I have no anxiety or stress I'm going in at 14 and a half weeks June 30. other then getting sick a lot I often forget I am pregnant. I hope that lasts a long time :-)
#33 of 37 Old 06-03-2008, 07:47 PM

I will probably go in around week 14. Last time I waited till 16 and the only one who was shocked was the nurse that took my appointment over the phone: "AND THIS IS YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT!?!" My Midwife never even mentioned it. Barring unforseen issues developing, if I go earlier it will be because I can't hold out to hear the little heartbeat

chicken3.gif Christian SAHM to DS 3/04, DS 1/06, and DD 1/09 and expecting a new little one in May 2012 selectivevax.gif  nocirc.gif 

#34 of 37 Old 06-04-2008, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xakana View Post
Due to my history of miscarriage, I'm avoiding doctors until 12 weeks (I am almost certain that the u/s at 5 weeks 5 days killed my baby in November). I don't have an appointment yet because I don't have insurance (still waiting to hear back from them). But I'm hoping to be seen between 12-14 weeks to hear the heartbeat on doppler, then not planning to go back until 19-20 weeks for the make-sure-everything's-normal and gender u/s. I'm 9 weeks, 3 days.
I would love to talk to you more about this. I too, feel that possibly the early u/s caused me to miscarry. I will be going in at 6weeks though to get a prescription for progesterone supplements, but will not do an u/s at that time. I think I will wait until the 20 week scan if all goes well.
#35 of 37 Old 06-04-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibababy View Post
I would love to talk to you more about this. I too, feel that possibly the early u/s caused me to miscarry. I will be going in at 6weeks though to get a prescription for progesterone supplements, but will not do an u/s at that time. I think I will wait until the 20 week scan if all goes well.
Mine was an emergency scan because I was having a lot of left-sided pain. We were making sure that the baby wasn't ectopic. After seeing a totally healthy baby with a strong heartbeat and nothing at all wrong, two days later, I was nursing through a miscarriage in the bathroom, wondering what went wrong. Since the u/s was the only thing abnormal (and it lasted a while until they found the baby--but they were checking my other organs, too, just in case it was something else), I can only conclude that's what did it. It's too much of a coincidence for me anyway. Believe me, I'd love to see my baby developing in there. I think it would be an amazing relief. But I can't ever take that risk again.

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#36 of 37 Old 06-05-2008, 02:07 AM

Thank you so much for sharing. I'm sorry about your awful experience. I too, think, that with my first, the u/s may have been a cause. I had my first u/s at 8 weeks. I received a call from the Dr. shortly thereafter concerned about some measurements. I went in for a repeat u/s to check on the small gestational sac at 9 weeks. Baby was shown dancing around on screen, but DR said the small sac was indicative of an impending miscarriage.

2 weeks later, I started bleeding, the u/s tech discovered no heartbeat, baby had stopped growing at 9 weeks (apparently sometime soon after the ultrasound) and sac was measuring normal size. I can only conclude that if not for that second u/s to check the sac, baby would have been okay. Of course, I will never know for sure, but this pg, I'm not having any early ultrasounds. In case anyone was wondering, they were all transvaginal ultrasounds.

I have heard of many women having early u/s withougt problems, I'm just thinking maybe I'm utrasensitive to them or something else is going on. I would at least like to rule out early u/s as a reason.
#37 of 37 Old 06-05-2008, 03:02 PM

I've decided to switch to a different MW this time, so I'm going in to meet/interview the one I think I will be using when I'm about 10 weeks. I feel like it's early, but I want to make sure she's available, and give myself extra time to look around in case I for any reason decide not to go with her.

We probably won't be doing any U/S this time.

T , mom to S and C

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page