can I have a homebirth?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-19-2008, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am nine weeks pregnant. totally psyched. This is our third. With my first I was induced for low water. I was 23 and didn't research I have NO IDEA if that was in her best interest! I just listened!
With number two I had a natural birth went into labor on my own. However I was begining to have protein in my urine. I was having high blood pressure and I had that infection. Staph or strep or something. they give antibiotics during labor for it. They then make me stay for DAYS!!!!

So my question is whether I can have a homebirth. I have called a midwife and talked with receptionist who has no idea. They want me to come in for an apmnt and decide whether I am a candidate. That is difficult for me because I have a daycare and have to drag 3 3 year olds and a 5 year old with me.

anyone have any thoughts????

On another board I am so weird for wanting a homebirth so I'm thinking the ladies here might have more open minds!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-19-2008, 04:17 PM

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to.. go for it! Depending on the state you are in there might be certain exclusion rules if you have a pre-exisiting medical condition, but based on your description it doesn't sound like you do.

There is also a homebirth board here with lots of knowledgeable ladies that could help you out with your questions. Good luck!

Mommy to DS1 5/07 and DS2 1/09 , wife to an awesome hubby. And someone new coming in March!
#3 of 5 Old 06-19-2008, 06:07 PM

yep, it sounds like you should be good to go. Of course sometimes things crop up during the pregnancy that can change your options, but there is no reason to plan for that. You just take those situations as they come.

Courtney wife to geek.gif and mom to 4 boys: chicken3.gif   . I need caffix.gif !
They're not typos. . . I can't spell!
#4 of 5 Old 06-19-2008, 06:39 PM

I see nothing in your stories that indicates that a homebirth isn't a 100% possibility for you. And by the way, MANY moms have strep B "infections" (what you most likely had) and some take antibiotics, others don't. If you had staph, then that would be a hospital fault, most likely.

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#5 of 5 Old 06-19-2008, 07:30 PM

You seem low risk to me based on the info you gave.
I had a homebirth and was Gbstrep positive, that shouldn't rule you out.
there's a great thread under the august ddc about naturally treating gbs.

You can read "Toxemia in Late Pregnancy" by ..............can't remember.
will find it.
Also I think the brewers diet is based on keeping pg moms from developing preecclampsia.
Good luck in your search!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page