how much weight have u gained so far? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-02-2008, 04:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i started at 108 and i think i'm about 112 now. so 4 lbs as of 13 weeks.

DD 12/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2008, 10:35 AM

I think like 6-7lbs....too much ugh!
Old 07-02-2008, 10:54 AM

I think I've gained maybe 3 lbs--I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow. I have a dr. appt today, so we'll see for sure.

Edited: Well, I've only gained back the 1 lb I lost from week 5-9. So I'm still 135, my starting weight. I feel much larger, though!

Melissa, loving wife love.gif and mama to 4 girls now! DD 12, DD 10 1/2, DD 4, DD 2 Happily homeschool.gif, doing lots of hang.gif very little sleeping.gifof and as much as I can knit.gifsewmachine.gif reading.gif
Old 07-02-2008, 11:18 AM

Lost 6 lbs at 12 weeks. Typical for me.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:33 AM

I'm 5'10" I needed to add that so no one thought I was big lol I wear a size 6-8

I started at 151 and I think I'm at 153. last pregnancy I only gained about 21 lbs I hope to do the same this time around. Oh and I'm 14w4d lol
Old 07-02-2008, 11:44 AM

I'm in my 14th week and my weight keeps fluctuating big time... I had gained 4 lbs, then lost it all from morning sickness I guess... Currently I am only 1 lb up from pre-pregnancy weight.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

Old 07-02-2008, 11:50 AM

no idea. No scale, not going to the mw until almost the end of the month.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:33 PM

Weighed 111 at beginning of pregnancy, went down to 102 because of morning sickness, and now weight 105.

Barely gained 15 lbs with DD for the same reason, but she was fine and is now a healthy 8 y.o.!

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
Old 07-02-2008, 01:08 PM

Well I had morning, more like afternoon, sickness up until 9 weeks though I didn't throw up or eat very much I maintained my weight. I am now nearly 13 weeks and I am down a pound from prior to pregnancy. Based on calculators for weight vs gain during pregnancy they tell me I should only "let" myself gain 22 lbs. As I typically do I will eat what I want when I want within reason. Thankfully most of the things I want to eat are good for me and the baby.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozMama View Post
Based on calculators for weight vs gain during pregnancy they tell me I should only "let" myself gain 22 lbs. As I typically do I will eat what I want when I want within reason. Thankfully most of the things I want to eat are good for me and the baby.

Where did you find a calculator for that? On the internet?

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
Old 07-02-2008, 02:53 PM

we don't own a scale either so it's hard for me to say. my first appt. was last week at 9 weeks and i was 141 on their scale. i was happy with that since my mom's scale said 145 a couple weeks before i got pregnant.. i think theirs is always a couple pounds off though. i also have lots of nausea - therefore haven't been eating that much.

hoping i only gain around 30 lbs. like i did with my last (already starting out 5 lbs. heavier though)!

homeschooling mama to ella (9) and maya (5)
Old 07-02-2008, 02:53 PM

I think I've lost about 3-4 pounds. With DD, I lost 9 pounds in the first tri. Which is wierd, msince I'm well within the "normal" range for BMI and all athat stuff. But I def. have a baby belly starting!
Old 07-02-2008, 03:03 PM

We don't own a scale, either. Actually, I'm having a homebirth with a MW so one of my questions for her next appt. here at my house is if she wants me to get one.

I weigh myself at the gym, and in the first trimester I lost about 7 lbs. I know I have gained in the middle since then but luckily not everywhere else. I haven't weighed in over a month--maybe I should do that

Last time I gained 60+ lbs. and had a really healthy complication-free pregnancy, so I kind of believe in just letting your body do what it wants to do. I am nursing this time around, and running after a toddler, whereas I had a sedentary desk job before, and I have had more morning sickness this time so it makes sense I'm not gaining as much. But I hope to gain a healthy 25 at least, if not more. I loved my sturdy 9 lb. newborn! He was such a tank!!
Old 07-02-2008, 03:04 PM

Alright, you're all making me feel bad! I've gained nearly 12 pounds (only 1/2 pound in th last thre weeks.) I think most of it is water weight because I'm swelling a ton. I had to remove my wedding rings about 6 weeks ago. It's very atypical for me to gain weight in the first trimester. I lost a couple pounds in the first tri with the first two. I've been eating very healthy so I'm not concerned about it.

I usually gain 25 to 30 pounds the whole pregnancy. I sure hope that's not different this time!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Old 07-02-2008, 03:13 PM

Huh. Annanicole, did I misinterpret your comment? It sounded like you were adding your height lest anyone think you were "big" at 150. Well, I'm shorter than you and I wasn't big at 150 and I'm not going to feel bad about posting my weight and weight gain here. I'm 234 at 11 weeks and haven't gained any weight.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzminty View Post
Where did you find a calculator for that? On the internet?
There is a link in one of the bottom paragraphs on weight here http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/Pregnancy/calendar/week/10 Gives you your BMI and "clinical expected" weight gain per month throughout pregnancy based on your input. I laugh at the 22 lbs it "allows" me given my weight/height. If I do that on a HEALTHY diet fine but I'm not gonna worry if I gain 30. I don't WANT to be fatter than I already am. Breastfeeding will take care of some of it later.

On another note the website DOES give really good explanations of week by week progression of a pregnancy. www.i-am-pregnant.com
Old 07-02-2008, 03:41 PM

Yeah... my midwife wants me to only gain 20 lbs for my weight and height, but I told her I'm not going to stress out about it. I eat relativley healthy... lost 20 lbs before I got pregnant due to lifestyle changes. But I don't know anyone who only gained 20 lbs! Yes, I'm overweight... but not drastically so in my opinion. *shrugs*

The calculator thing that CozMama provided a link to says I should look to only gain 24 lbs... wow they gave me 4 more than my midwife! lol

ooo! But I'm way under the weight they predicted I'd be in month 4! Maybe I'll swing this without trying. lol

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

Old 07-02-2008, 04:17 PM

I had gained some lbs. but then lost it. Right back where I started going by home scale. I see my MW tomorrow, & see what her scale says.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:01 PM

I've lost 11 lbs. I started out 216 and am 205 now. With my daughter, I lost 13 lbs the WHOLE pregnancy, so I have no idea if this is a prelude to weight gain or if I'm going to lose a lot more... I'm not worried, because my OB said that it looked like that's just what my body does, since I eat more when I'm pregnant, my metabolism goes faster. But it does make me feel cruddy, because I feel like I keep looking fatter instead of more pregnant and I can't even blame being pregnant for how big I am (which is still 50 lbs less than the beginning of my last pregnancy, where I was 255).

Since I'm 'obese' I'm supposed to gain 0-15 lbs, so I guess it's good I lose instead of gaining. But I need to recheck my BMI, I think it's gone down another point or two.

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
Old 07-02-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuppence View Post
Huh. Annanicole, did I misinterpret your comment? It sounded like you were adding your height lest anyone think you were "big" at 150. Well, I'm shorter than you and I wasn't big at 150 and I'm not going to feel bad about posting my weight and weight gain here. I'm 234 at 11 weeks and haven't gained any weight.

I didn't mean to be insulting it was more for me. I think everyone has their own level of weight comfort. I know I would much prefer to be 135 to consider myself thin again, and my sister who's over 200 feels dropping to 180 would make her thin. As it was a comment for me, not to pass judgement on others weight and size.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozMama View Post
There is a link in one of the bottom paragraphs on weight here http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/Pregnancy/calendar/week/10 Gives you your BMI and "clinical expected" weight gain per month throughout pregnancy based on your input. I laugh at the 22 lbs it "allows" me given my weight/height. If I do that on a HEALTHY diet fine but I'm not gonna worry if I gain 30. I don't WANT to be fatter than I already am. Breastfeeding will take care of some of it later.

On another note the website DOES give really good explanations of week by week progression of a pregnancy. www.i-am-pregnant.com
lol it said I should gain 33 lbs. not a chance in heck of that happening my hips would be an absolute mess if I gained that much.

Cozmama, what was easy for me while I was pregnant to keep the weight off. I had no other snack food in the house other then fresh fruits and veggies. I cannot even explain to you how many pounds of fruit I ate. And for lunch I would always eat 2 veggies with every meal. Now my 20 mos old is a crazy brussel sprout eating machine :
Old 07-02-2008, 07:53 PM

14 weeks and haven't gained any weight.

we'll see where it goes though... with DD in the end I lost weight in pregnancy. not that i didn't have it to lose mind you...
Old 07-02-2008, 09:01 PM

I haven't gained any yet. Well, that's not totally true - I gained some apparent water weight in the beginning but lost that and am back at my starting weight.

I was at the upper end of the healthy range for my height before getting pregnant, and certainly felt I could lose a few pounds, for both health and aesthetic reasons. I hope that, through a healthy diet, breastfeeding, and post-partum exercise, I'll find myself below my pre-pregnancy weight in the months following my little one's arrival.

But now, while pregnant? I'm certainly not worried about "keeping the weight off." I expect my body to change, and if that means stretch marks and expanding hips so I can have a healthy birth and healthy baby, bring it on. YMMV.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:05 PM

7 pounds so far at 10 weeks . I keep telling myself that with my first pregnancy, I didn't start gaining weight until week 17, but I was 15 pounds heavier that time pre-pregnancy

Mom to DS#1 and DS#2 fencing.gif
Old 07-02-2008, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Started at 107, lost a few lbs. Now I am working my way up again and I'm at 105 at almost 12 weeks--I'm 5'2. This happened last time so all is well.

I am just starting to exercise again and use free weights and I know that will put a bit on the scale!

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

Old 07-02-2008, 09:24 PM

Started out obese, had a really rough few weeks and lost 7 lbs. Now hanging around 5 lbs less than start. Hard to determine though... broke my foot and now wearing a cast so tough to get an accurate weight. Went to that calculator and it says 21lbs I was aiming for 12-15, so I guess I have a little bit more of a cushion than I thought.

PS I am 11 weeks today...
Old 07-02-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annanicole View Post
Cozmama, what was easy for me while I was pregnant to keep the weight off. I had no other snack food in the house other then fresh fruits and veggies.
Actually all I have WANTED to eat more or is fruits and veggies. I had issues eating appealing proteins. I am not really a big junk food person either, sure I eat some but I can have 3-4 bites of a dessert and be happy rather than needing to consume the whole thing. My guys would go on strike if I quit buying all snack foods.

I met with my midwife last week and she wants me to do a weeks worth of food monitoring to see how much protein I am eating along with the other things I consume. I feel like I am eating ALL THE TIME yet right now I know I haven't eaten enough today. I am STARVING.

My weight problems is actually a combination of a couple things that just fight weightloss as it is. I feel lucky to have maintained 191 on a 5 foot frame for the last couple years without yo-yoing. PCOS and hypothyroidism aren't easy to deal with combined. I'm fine with my weight because I know I eat really well and that I don't overeat.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:36 PM

About 5 lbs-ish and I'm at 10 weeks - hopefully this time I wont swell up and gain 60 lbs again.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishymama View Post
Went to that calculator and it says 21lbs I was aiming for 12-15, so I guess I have a little bit more of a cushion than I thought.
Said the same thing about me and I was aiming for 0-15. Interesting that it can easily give me a measurement and babyfit tells me I'm too fat to allow to have goals.

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
Old 07-02-2008, 11:02 PM

I have lost 1 pound at 12 weeks. I'm glad I haven't lost more!

Kathy Soup
Loving wife to an amazing SAHD : Mommy to Aviendha 01/19/09

User Tag List