Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyToElla View Post
Central NJ.
:

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#32 of 41 Old 07-11-2008, 11:41 AM

born and raised in New Orleans, spent 5 years in Western Mass (college and the year after) and now live in NYC in the fair borough of Brooklyn.

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#33 of 41 Old 07-11-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemnesia View Post
acory23, I'll totally be your Mass mama friend. I think you're about an hour and a half from me, but I'd travel that far for the beach.
oooooooooo! Do I smell a New England Area meet up in the making. I seem to be the only one in CT so far, but if southern NH and central VT are the farthest out so far, this could be doable.

Since I am a native I would even volunteer to drive some of you shy and retiring transplants around. I have plenty of cynicism and road rage already. It comes with the territory. It gets worse the closer you get to the New York line, btw. Seriously. MA and NH and VT are so much friendlier than RI and CT. Stay out of Fairfield county, CT. Those folks are crazy!

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#34 of 41 Old 07-11-2008, 02:07 PM

I live in Oregon, halfway between Portland and the beach. And I LOVE it here. I've lived in Missouri and Florida as well, and thought about other places but always return home. I have a feeling we won't be leaving here anytime soon. DH even loves it, and when he moved out here from Indiana was dead set about being a Midwest boy.

Kathy Soup
Loving wife to an amazing SAHD : Mommy to Aviendha 01/19/09
#35 of 41 Old 07-11-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajody View Post
oooooooooo! Do I smell a New England Area meet up in the making. I seem to be the only one in CT so far, but if southern NH and central VT are the farthest out so far, this could be doable.

Since I am a native I would even volunteer to drive some of you shy and retiring transplants around. I have plenty of cynicism and road rage already. It comes with the territory. It gets worse the closer you get to the New York line, btw. Seriously. MA and NH and VT are so much friendlier than RI and CT. Stay out of Fairfield county, CT. Those folks are crazy!

That sounds like fun!!
I wanna take a day off work and go to the beach... with people who dont give a crap what I look like in a swimsuit.

They are crazier in CT? I knew Rhodies were bad! Well, I guess its because Ive only driven through CT on I-95S so I kind of expected craziness!
#36 of 41 Old 07-11-2008, 06:46 PM

Current Gainesville, Fl resident! (I've lived here for 11 years). Currently North Florida Regional Hosptial (USed to be Columbia, I think) and Shands at AGH are considered ok for gentle birth hospitals (UF Shands is horrendous) and there are a couple of home birth midwives, but only one birth center.

HoneyTree - are you in Gainesville?
#37 of 41 Old 07-11-2008, 09:21 PM

Colorado, born and raised and no intention to leave anytime soon (short of maybe winning powerball and spending a few years in Canada to have dual citizenship because we think that'd be cool)

My son's birth was at Aurora South (Medical Center of Aurora, South Campus or whatever). Never ever going back. This time, although I had kinda wanted a homebirth, finances don't really allow without us making more sacrifices in lifestyle than we are really willing to do if we can have a good birth experience without doing so. And the more I think about it, the more I think I would actually miss the mob of people that were around at my son's birth if I can have it without the drawbacks. I wouldn't want to invite a horde of people into my home, though. This time I am going through the smaller midwifery practice at the University of Colorado hospital (UCH) on what used to be the old Fitzsimmons army base. I have only had one prenatal visit with them so far, but we did interview 3 midwifery practices and between the interview, my first visit, and everything I am hearing from anyone else with experience with them, I am really thinking I can have almost everything I want! (the hospital does require an IV shunt but does not require it to be *used*) They are also the only hospital in the Denver area to do waterbirths. (there is a standalone birth center that does, but they don't accept our insurance and they are also farther away.)
#38 of 41 Old 07-12-2008, 06:16 PM

I'm in Edmonton Alberta. i'm originally from Western Michigan. i married a Canadian, we lived in Toronto for 7 years and move to Alberta last year.

Mummy to dd (Jan 13, '07) born by emergency c-section at 35 weeks due to severe pre-e  :ribboncesarean.gif and ds (Jan 30 '09) :hbac.gif and stork-suprise.gif    (06/11)
#39 of 41 Old 07-13-2008, 01:14 PM

I'm in N. Central WV and we're planning on homebirth!
#40 of 41 Old 07-13-2008, 05:14 PM

I'm in SW Ontario
#41 of 41 Old 07-14-2008, 09:12 PM

I'm in Missouri, in the KC area. Planning a UBAC or birthing at Research Medical most likely.

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page