Have you picked out a name yet? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 70 Old 09-07-2008, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthezoo View Post
We are again looking for a name that could fit both genders but have not decided on one yet. I don't really want to go with another name starting with the same first letter, only because that would give the same initials to two kids.
I love your naming tradition.

Have you thought about Rowan, Kai, or Sage? All names I have heard for either gender.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#62 of 70 Old 09-07-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsigrl View Post
How about Amalia Rose?
My DD (age 5) not only HATES Amalia (too bad) she also DETESTS Rose as a middle name. You see, Rose is a DOGS name. Yep. There are 3 dogs in the family that have Rose in their names, therefore, Rose is a dog's name, not a human's name. I think we are going to go with Claire. DH doesn't care for it so much, but DD loves it, and it was my first choice for a middle name anyway. Rose was my second choice.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#63 of 70 Old 09-08-2008, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajody View Post
Have you thought about Rowan, Kai, or Sage? All names I have heard for either gender.
Thank you for your suggestions. Those are all great names. We know a girl names Rowan, a boy names Kai and a girl names Sage! We also have many, many pets and for the most part over the years have given them very human names too so I sometimes I wonder if I have already used up the good ones. It was getting harder to name them when a new one joins the family. Right now the kids are wanted to name the pets more pet like names, the bearded dragon is named Dragon, the water turtle is named turtle, the tortoise is name Tut-tut (15mo old speak for turtle), kitten named silver so at least naming the pets has gotten easier.

belly.gif to  jumpers.giflol.gif wonderful people with  baby.gif on the way!

#64 of 70 Old 09-08-2008, 03:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well we are having a BOY!!! so his name will be Callum Kaille S.
If it was a girl she would have been Hadley Alaia S.
#65 of 70 Old 09-08-2008, 04:41 PM

We already have our boy's name picked out. We picked it out shortly after having ds #1. Luckily the ultrasound says it's a boy, otherwise our daughter would be little No Name.

SAHM to Ninja Boy (6) surf.gif and Monkey Man (4) carrot.gif.

#66 of 70 Old 09-10-2008, 02:57 AM

Since technically I have full naming rights to this kiddo (heh heh, since hubby's number one choices trumped mine the first two times), I'm sort of noodling on Allison Georgette (mn after my mom).
#67 of 70 Old 09-13-2008, 01:46 PM

It seems like it was easier the first time. We fell in love with a couple of names. This time, I like a lot of the names, but I'm not in love with them. And nothing is just flowing for first and middle combos.

I feel like this is going to be a boy, and so far the best we can agree on is Solomon for the first name, but we can't settle on a middle. There are a couple of girl names I really like, but I really don't think this baby is a girl. We'll see!

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
#68 of 70 Old 09-14-2008, 02:07 AM

You all are so thoughtful. I've barely begun a list of possibilities. I have 2 boy names and 5 girl, but none of them really strike me as yet. I'm always on the lookout for a great name though, every story I read or name on the radio, I'm thinking about it's potential as a baby name!
#69 of 70 Old 09-14-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthezoo View Post

We are again looking for a name that could fit both genders but have not decided on one yet. I don't really want to go with another name starting with the same first letter, only because that would give the same initials to two kids.
Birch
Zephyr

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
#70 of 70 Old 09-14-2008, 05:20 PM

Okay... We FINALLY settled on a boy name. Solomon Efrem. I feel that it is a boy. If it's a girl, we'll be scrambling at the last second! Haha!

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page