01.09 Mamas: Let's Chat! - Started Sept. 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 09-19-2008, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Say hi here all! Let's chat!

How are things going for you now? Feeling better? Any major complaints/problems?

First timers, any questions we can help with?

What week are you now? How are you feeling overall?

Silly, get to know you questions -

Have you ever shopped at a Trader Joe's?

Do you like cheese?

When not PG, do you have a fave alcoholic drink?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 29 Old 09-19-2008, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Feeling pretty good. The insomnia has gotten better, the restless legs have started to die down.

I'm 24 weeks. Feeling lots of movement at predictible times of day (not like DD who was (and still is) on the go all day every day 24/7). Generally feeling happy and healthy.

We have a TJ's in walking distance, and my toddler needs to go OUT everyday, so we walk there about 2-3 times a week.

I love cheese! I have a co-worker who doesn't like cheese. Or beer. I find him odd. At least he likes ice cream, otherwise I'd have to really question why I like him as a person!

I love me a good whiskey sour. Yum!
#3 of 29 Old 09-19-2008, 04:31 PM

I can't tell you what week I'm in because I'm not obsessively tracking this pregnancy like I did with my first one! I'm about 24 weeks, I believe... Having trouble with insomnia and sleeping comfortably. Mostly I just sleep on the floor when I want to have a proper night's sleep.

I LOVE cheese--as long as it's proper cheese, and by that I mean white and extra extra sharp. I've never shopped at Trader Joe's. And my favorite alcoholic drinks are: Wild Blue (blueberry flavored beer) and merlot.

I'm also still nursing my 2 yr old. Anyone else still nursing?

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
#4 of 29 Old 09-19-2008, 04:37 PM

How are things going for you now? Feeling better? Any major complaints/problems?
They are going okay... mostly just tired and cranky. That is the major complaint.. I seriously want to fight. lol I have to school myself all day to stay calm. ANYTHING will set me off. lol

How do you stave off the crazy hormones?

What week are you now?
Almost a full 25 weeks! :

Nope... but I have seen them...

Do you like cheese?
Yup! Though it seems to be not as much as I used to...

Something fruity... I enjoy a good white wine too.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#5 of 29 Old 09-19-2008, 04:58 PM

Things are going great! I love being pregnant, and sometimes I forget that I'm pregnant. And sometimes I feel like it's been no time at all and it's almost over aaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!! I am starting to get some of the "pregnancy brain" I've heard about--short-term memory crapping out on me and not focusing on things but I feel that I've mostly gotten the hang of it so far.

Um, what on earth did I get myself into? hahaha Hmm, I guess figuring out the cloth diaper options. I've been to the CD forum and have spent hours looking online but I probably just need to go meet some clother diapers in person

week 25, and I'll be 26 weeks on Monday. (I'm actually due Dec 29th, but I've been going back and forth between the Dec DDC and Jan DDC). And I feel pretty great! I almost feel a little spacey/high, if that makes sense, a lot of the time. Guess it's those nice hormones...

I've tried, but I got overwhelmed and left. The one near Union Square in Manhattan is scary.

Do you like cheese?

I like it. And I like saying gouda. gouda.

Coconut rum (Malibu) and coconut water. so tasty, so smooth. And I'm a big fan of trying out any chocolate stout I happen upon.

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#6 of 29 Old 09-19-2008, 05:20 PM

Bloomingstar... you live in Manhattan? I have an Uncle that lives there.

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#7 of 29 Old 09-19-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMa View Post
Bloomingstar... you live in Manhattan? I have an Uncle that lives there.
Brooklyn, but close enough I felt pretty fight-y in my first trimester--it was a little crazy! It was like I just knew it would've felt great to kick someone and dare them to say something! :

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#8 of 29 Old 09-19-2008, 06:52 PM

Yes, I looooove Trader Joes.

I am OBSESSED with cheese right now. I could eat it all day. It's one of my "cravings."

When not preggo, I don't drink. Just never been my cup of tea.

Major complaints? Never getting that 2nd burst of energy that everyone says they get during the 2nd trimester. Having a stuffed up nose all the time. Wanting to sleep 26 hours a day.

On a related note, I have to share what a day I've had. I've definitely had some crazy hormone swings lately. Today was the worst though.
First - this morning. My DP asks me where the lotion is. I say back, "well have you looked in the bathroom drawar?" He hadn't. LOOK BEFORE YOU ASK FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Then he can't find his green shoes. I ask, "Where have you looked?" He responds with "in the living room and under the bed." GEE, TRY THE CLOSET WHERE THE SHOES GO!!!!!!!!!!" I did choose to say this nicely, but I was soooo cranky about him ASKING me for everything without being a grown up on his own!
--I continue to be cranky at work. Customers are annoying, as are coworkers.
--My friend at work tells me that his dog is sick. I love his dog. I start bawling in my cube of the thought of this damn dog, who isn't even mine, being sick!
SO RIDICULOUS THESE HORMONES CAN BE!

Other than that, I love having a cute preggo belly, and I love talking to my DS in my tummy!
#9 of 29 Old 09-19-2008, 07:54 PM

Doing well here I actually have energy again!! And now that we are homeschooling I am on the go, go, go ALL. DAY. LONG!!!! But right now I'm pooped and may take a wee nap Pregnancy brain has kicked in which isn't a good thing when you have a busy schedule with meetups, playdates, etc.!

22 weeks so far but in 2 days it will be 23. This pregnancy has flown by, I can't believe I'm just over half way there!! She is VERY active all of the time. And we are still hoping for a homebirth, we'll just have to wait a bit longer to find out if it's a go.

Sadly, no Trader Joe's around here although, I have heard lots about it.

I cheese!!! All cheese is good cheese except for super processed american cheese, blech!!! I like the good artisan, raw milk cheeses

favorite alcoholic drink? I love me some newcastle, nothing fancy, just a good beer will do. But I can't do too much gluten and end up drinking some kind of red Yellow Tail wine. Not picky about it, just like to have something to warm me up a bit

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#10 of 29 Old 09-19-2008, 09:50 PM

Hello Ladies, I am 24 weeks along and have been feeling good for a few weeks now. I'm tired and need a nap every other day it seems...some days I have tons of energy and can get so much done.
My mood seems to be better now, I was worried for a bit there. Just seemed to be so moody probably from feeling so yucky, that can get to you after a while...
No major complaints right now, my sex drive is crazy (I know how teenage boys feel LOL )I can't seem to get enough, constantly thinking about it..Kind of gets in the way..all these pregnancy hormones....
We have a Trader Joes, but it's to far and with me trying to save gas I don't frequent it much....wish it was closer...
I do like cheese, but it's not at the top of my list right now..
And right now an alcoholic drink that sounds good is a margarita......

:
#11 of 29 Old 09-19-2008, 10:42 PM

23 weeks here -- feeling good! I was tired today, but I'm totally nesting. I must organize and am on a mission!

I'm the oddball who doesn't like cheese. I'll eat it if it is cooked into a dish, but not cheese alone or a dish featuring mainly cheese (say mac and cheese or cheese enchiladas).

When I'm not pregnant, I have a glass...or three...of chardonnay most nights. Thankfully, I don't miss it too much when I'm pregnant. I would LOVE a cosmopolitan right now, though. I ordered a virgin daquiri at a girls' night out recently and greatly enjoyed it. :

Thanks for starting this thread! I haven't taken much initiative to change the situation, I know, but I haven't found our EC as busy as some of the others.

Amanda, momma to Caroline (5/31/05) and Mary Elizabeth (1/8/09)
#12 of 29 Old 09-19-2008, 10:50 PM

Hello I have been MIA for a while and lurk every weekend but i am off for 2 weeks.

How are things going for you now? Feeling better? Any major complaints/problems? I am okay but don't realize yet why I put myself through this lol. My rant I wanted a baby but i am not a good preggo lady.I am starting to get purple throbbing veins, fingers too swolen for rings, heartburn 3X aday at least painful sex,boobs that are on and off again hurting and a dh who loves to great me with a grab.

First timers, any questions we can help with? i am learning about bleeding afterward I feel like a teen learning about a periods. Is going to drib like a faucet or like a shower? I am scarred I will ruin my couch bed and clothing?

I am 24 weeks and 6 days yay! I am excited and thrilled to be experiencing this.

Have you ever shopped at a Trader Joe's? Oh yes I love all of the variety of nuts and seeds and trail mixes.

Do you like cheese?
I love it.
pink lemonade crystal light and vodka.
#13 of 29 Old 09-19-2008, 11:03 PM

Leslie,
Bleeding varies woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy, but you aren't going to ruin furniture or bleed onto your couch (well, I guess if you fell asleep in an awkward position, you could.) If you are soaking a pad in an hour or less, that is problem bleeding. Otherwise, just wear huge pads or double up pads (to make them extra long) when you're going to be lying down, and you should be fine. I've read to buy some cheapo panties that you don't mind ruining. I didn't ruin mine, but I'll probably do that again, just in case.

Amanda, momma to Caroline (5/31/05) and Mary Elizabeth (1/8/09)
#14 of 29 Old 09-19-2008, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh! The stuffy nose! I never even got the good super sensitive PG nose! It went from seasonal allergies right to constant stuffiness.

Saying Hi to Bloomingstar from just over the NYC line in the northern suburbs!

desert_lambs - are you worried about the PP bleeding? Lochea, I think it's called? With my first, after the first 1-2 days, it was nothing normal AF pads couldn't handle. The first couple days I wore the mesh hospital panties and used the huge yucky-feeling pads the hospital had. It didn't last nearly as long as some of the things I'd read about online, like in birth stories.
#15 of 29 Old 09-20-2008, 03:05 AM

22 weeks here and feeling fine. No yucky feelings w/ my pregnancies but I do require a little extra sleep and food. My biggest complaint is that often once I wake up in the wee hours of the morning, I have a hard time falling asleep, yet it's too early to actually get out of bed. My other complaint is people saying my belly is 'too little.' WTH?

No TJ here, but I've heard of them. I'd like to visit one sometime as everyone talks so glowingly of them. Cheese was my first trimester craving, but not so much now except I really like it on my scrambled eggs. No alcohol here - my favorite beverage is fresh lemonade, yum.

To answer alaskaberry's question, I am nursing my dd (3y2m). She used to nurse once a day, but has skipped a few days here and there, so I guess 'several times a week' is more accurate. Latch on gets me to deep breathe, but after a few seconds, it's fine.
#16 of 29 Old 09-20-2008, 03:09 AM

Doing ok- still vomiting more than I would like.

Coming up on 23 weeks.

Yes. We may be getting one in down the block too! :

Do you like cheese?

I am not a huge dairy fan but cheese is the only dairy form I will eat on a regular basis.

Sangria!

Katie, mama to one big boy (6/03) and one little boy (12/08).
It is never the wrong time to do the right thing.
#17 of 29 Old 09-20-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaberry View Post
I'm also still nursing my 2 yr old. Anyone else still nursing?
I'm still nursing my 2 year old too. My three year old was still nursing at the beginning of this pregnancy but has since weaned.

I'm feeling pretty good. I'm almost 23 1/2 weeks. I get headaches three or four times a week intensively in my right eye and temple. Lately, if I get too hungry I feel I'm going to throw up. Hunger has come on suddenly and inensely and frequently! I love feeling this baby move. She moves a lot and is very strong. The kicks sometimes take my breath away--what will it be like when she's got a few pounds on her?

I like cheese. I have string cheese for a snack everyday and sometimes cheddar or spreadable cheese and crackers.

We shop at Trader Joe's occasionally. They have certain items you can't anywhere else, but mostly we shop at Jewel. Ours carries lots of more natural and organic items, and it's just more convenient.

My favorite alcoholic drinks are flavored martinis (like apple or chocolate.) I also like wine coolers on a hot day in the summer. My favorite wine is reisling. My mouth is watering--I've been pregnant and/or nursing for four and a half years straight. Not much alcohol for me!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#18 of 29 Old 09-20-2008, 07:12 PM

Things are going well, and I feel really good at this point. No major complaints at this point.

I will be 24 weeks tomorrow. I go for my GTT on Wednesday to rule out repeat GD, but other than that no problems.

Yes, all the time. They are pretty much my primary grocery store.

Do you like cheese?

Yum. I sure do. Just about any kind except gorganzola. Bad memories there.

Nope. I don't drink, even when not PG.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#19 of 29 Old 09-20-2008, 09:02 PM

I'm still either nauseated a lot or just feeling "unstable" in the stomach area. I get really bad reflux and heartburn starting in the afternoons. I'm really picky about food still, too, which makes it hard to get dinner on the table every night.

I sleep fine at night, but am still just tired so much!

I really just can't wait to have this baby so I can feel like myself again!

I'll start my 25th week on Monday.

There isn't a Trader Joe's close, so I just stick to the boring grocery store nearby. Trying to save $ since I'm working less now and won't be working at all when the baby is born!

Cheese is a wonderful ingredient but not really something I eat a lot on its own. DD and I love sharp cheddar with apples as a snack!

Favorite drink is a gin and tonic, and I had one at my wedding a few weeks ago!

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#20 of 29 Old 09-20-2008, 09:44 PM

How are things going for you now? Feeling better? Any major complaints/problems? I'm feeling great! I love being pg! Last night I fell asleep at 9, but for the most part my energy has returned.

What week are you now? 26. I am suppose to do my glucola this week, but we're leaving on vacation so I don't know that I will get it done.

Have you ever shopped at a Trader Joe's? No. Nor Whole Foods. I am a member of the local Food Co-op.

Do you like cheese? Most kinds, yes!)

When not PG, do you have a fave alcoholic drink? Mimosas

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#21 of 29 Old 09-20-2008, 11:10 PM

Still dealing with the subchorionic hematoma, but it is shrinking! I go for my next u/s Monday and hopefully we will see more good news!

Almost 22. Feeling kind of blah from all the bed rest and restrictions, my body is used to moving much more than this!

Nope! The closest is a few hours away.

Do you like cheese?
Yes, and thanks to Lactaid I actually get to eat it now!

Depends on the circumstances! Wine is great with food, Bell's beer is great on a hot summer day, and shots of Patron with slices of watermelon are always a nice treat!
#22 of 29 Old 09-21-2008, 06:40 PM

How are things going for you now? Feeling better? Any major complaints/problems? heartburn starting lately, but feeling ok, MUCH better than with DD. I think Yoga is keeping away some of the swelling and inflammation that almost crippled me last time! Having a homebirth has me nesting already, its GREAT!! I'm not much for domestic duties, DH and I share them mostly, so he has liked it. I just hope it lasts!

not a first time, but a labor doula, so if anyone has any questiosn I love to chat, or help find an answer for you!

24 weeks, pretty good, my anatomy US said I was only 20 maybe 21 weeks at 23 weeks, but that would mean I wasn't pregnant or on my period when I got the positive test. So that's annoying. I guess the baby is small, but weighing in at about a lb, so where it should be. My MW is not conerned. Other than that, I swear my nipples went from pink to purple overnight. LOL I almost forgot how dark they turn!

nope, don't know if we have them here or not

Do you like cheese?
yes mmmm

Jack Daniels,straight

Still nursing, but very rarely/ We went from nursing two times a day, to little suckles here and there, but not for any period of time. But not officially done.

mom to Reaghan born underwater into midwife's hands 1/17/07 & Myra born surrounded by doulas and midwife at home 1/12/09. Birth Educator, and Photographer, Baby #3 Coming May 2013!

#23 of 29 Old 09-21-2008, 08:03 PM

Going well, generally. I like my round belly, although I swear it changes size and shape every hour! This has been a remarkably easy pregnancy (knock on wood) - only minor issues like some carpal tunnel action and a touch of sciatica, fatigue, rabid hunger, etc. I'm not counting the mood swings and b!tchiness, since that's par for the course for me!
Complaints: what is this magical high sex drive I hear is a 2nd trimester gift? I haven't seen my libido in MONTHS. Boo. : Last time we DTD, I broke down in a crying fit afterward for *no* reason - hormonal overload maybe? I hope I don't do that when I get the birth & breastfeeding hormones!
Oh, and WHERE are my big pregnant boobs?! I'm now filling out an A cup. Yes, an A cup. *sobs in self-pity*

Yes: Is anyone here psychic, and willing to tell me when baby will arrive? This 5-6 week range thing is KILLING me. It's making holiday planning a nightmare. And, I'm just impatient!

I am 24 weeks, 5 days today. I feel like I've been pregnant forever - I can't believe I have 13-18 more weeks!

Yep, but only like twice. Like Bloomingstar said, the one in Manhattan is scary! We're moving to the 'burbs in a couple months, so maybe the one there won't be so bad.

Do you like cheese?
I LOVE cheese! : In fact, DH and I just took a cheese class this weekend - we got to try 6 different kinds of YUMMY cheeses, paired with champagne and red wine (which I had quite a few sips of ), nuts, dried fruits, and honey! I admit I got a cheap thrill out of being the pregnant lady eating soft & raw cheeses and drinking alcohol in public! Hehe. (Infrequently & in moderation, of course. ) No one seemed to notice or care though, which was great.

See above! I love red wines... especially riojas, malbecs, pinot noirs, cab sauvs. Dessert wines are also excellent. I think civilized meals with family & friends should include wine - I can't wait until this babe is born so I can have a glass with dinner again without stressing it (as much). I also love red sangria and margaritas!

SAHM to DS Jan09, DD Mar11. lactivist.gifintactivist.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpguc.jpgwinner.jpggd.gifcaffix.gif

#24 of 29 Old 09-21-2008, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Where ya moving to,Rachel616? I'm in the north NYC suburbs, walking distance to TJ's!
#25 of 29 Old 09-21-2008, 10:04 PM

I'm doing well, feeling much, much better, not feeling too huge yet, no major complaints or problems! I had a rough first tri, and I am glad that is over. Also had a major growth spurt at 16/17 weeks, but I've leveled out so I don't feel as big as I did then. I am feeling some pangs of sadness that this is my last pg.

Number 4 for me, I'm realizing how much faster each subsequent pregnancy passes!

I am 24 weeks and a few days. I'm feeling really good most days. A little tired sometimes, but I think that's from chasing my nearly 2 year old around! I just turned 35 this month, so it's not getting any easier to keep up with a toddler.

No, I've never even seen one!

Do you like cheese?

Yes, I like most kinds (well, except processed, but that's not really cheese, now is it?!)

I love a glass of red wine with dinner most nights (when not pg). Liberty School is our "house" wine, and my dh and I enjoy adding to our cellar. I'm really missing the new ones he has tried (ok, so I admit to a small sip here or there ). I also like gin & tonics during the summer months.

To answer some of the first timer questions:

Bleeding was really heavy the first day or 2 (think overnight pads that won't last overnight), then more like a heavy period for a few more days, then lighter for several weeks for me.

Cloth diapering is so fun--I used sposies with my first 2, then cd'ed the 3rd. She is nearly two and just starting to use the potty, so she's still in cloth. I'm having loads of fun this time around, since I know what I like. I found the diapering board very informative and I still visit there on occasion.

Fun thread! I've enjoyed reading the responses.

Melissa, loving wife love.gif and mama to 4 girls now! DD 12, DD 10 1/2, DD 4, DD 2 Happily homeschool.gif, doing lots of hang.gif very little sleeping.gifof and as much as I can knit.gifsewmachine.gif reading.gif
#26 of 29 Old 09-22-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomingstar View Post
Brooklyn, but close enough I felt pretty fight-y in my first trimester--it was a little crazy! It was like I just knew it would've felt great to kick someone and dare them to say something! :

OMG! That is how I'm feeling now! I could so get in a fight right now, it's so bad. lol I'm constantly biting my tongue, because I know if I let go... uh oh! lol *looks*

Student, Aspiring CNM 

#27 of 29 Old 09-22-2008, 02:22 PM

How are things going for you now? Feeling better? Any major complaints/problems? I have been so exhausted with this entire pg! I was really hoping I'd perk up during the 2nd trimester. I was pretty sick for the first 4-1/2 months, it got better, but the nausea seems to have returned in the last week.

I'm 25 wks now. I'm trying really hard to enjoy this pg since it will be my last. Other than the nausea, exhaustion, and some vicious hip pain, I'm feeling pretty good.

I shop there more often than I should! They're one of the only places that I can get dried fruit without sulfur (I'm allergic). I also love their pizza dough and taquitos!

Do you like cheese?
I love cheese! My sister always makes fun of us because we buy the HUGE block of Tilamook cheddar at Costco and blow through it in record time. Her tiny block always seems to get moldy. We eat a ton of cheese at our house. For lunch today, I'm having nachos. Yummy chips with melted cheddar, fresh salsa, and avacado. : Is it lunch time yet????

I'm not a big wine fan, wish I were! I like beer and hard liquor much more. Smith and Kerns (sp?) are one of my favs! I'm not a big fan of the super sweet mixed drinks, it tastes like I'm drinking perfume! I also really like hot apple cider with peach Schnapps and hot chocolate with Bailey's. Yum!
#28 of 29 Old 09-26-2008, 04:57 PM

bump

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
#29 of 29 Old 09-27-2008, 11:19 AM

Nothing major

25 weeks tomorrow. I'm tired. Achy. Regular pregnancy stuff.

Oh yes and certainly not enough! It is about twenty minutes away and in the other direction than I usually go out for so I do not get there nearly as often as I would like!

Do you like cheese?

I live in Wisconsin. That means yes. (Although my poor son is allergic to dairy and does not get to join in on the pleasures of Wisconsin cheese).

Beer. Again, I live in Wisconsin. I really miss beer. When dh drinks it I want to punch him. Just kidding. Kind of.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page