Mothering Forum banner

HaHa! Early prep or crazy!?! I kinda admit crazy...

683 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Phoenix~Mama 
#1 ·
As with my baby girl born 8 weeks ago, I packed my "baby bag" super early. I pulled out several things for the babe to wear along with a few receiving blankets. I still need to toss in diapers but I think I covered everything.

I did not pack anything of my own yet, that will come later when I know how big I will get and what will be comfortable.

#4 ·
I have baby's first outfit completed, but I never pack my bag till the last minute. Good for you, though --it's good to feel ready!

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by quietserena View Post
With DD, I didn't end up packing that bag until I was in labor. That probably explains why I forgot a few things...
With our DS we were in the same boat - except that before we packed anything - we had to wash it first....This time around that will not be happening again

#6 ·
Not crazy at all! You're well prepared. We're in (or almost in) the third trimester now. It's time to start getting it all together. And between fall activities and winter holidays, it is going to be a crazy few months. I do remember that with dd, I put stuff that I wanted to put in my bag on the desk or under the desk in our bedroom. My SIL gave me some of the Preggie Pops to suck during labor, and I stuck them on the floor with other stuff. When I went to pack the bag, they were covered in ants! Yuck!! Other than food items, though, no need not to pack now. It is fun!

#7 ·
I actually got my list out this weekend, of things I need to get for the home birth. I've already got the birth outfits out and set aside. I've got a small stash of boy clothes, and I got all my DDs 0-3 and NB stuff set aside and easy to access if this one is a girl. (since we won't know till they come out!!) I've been rearranging the baby room to prepare it for all the new stuff we'll need and still fit my DDs stuff. I've been organizing the house too. So you are NOT crazy, you sounds right on schedule with the rest of us!
I can't believe we're either in or approaching the 3rd trimester, the first pregnancy goes so slow compared to this one!!

#8 ·
hehe I have been searching for the "perfect" going home outfit for awhile now.

I found one I really like over the weekend when Mom and I hit a consignment shop, but she says to wait til the shower to see if I get something else I like better... and I know she went shopping again last night. lol

I've been pondering what I want to wear too... all I know is I'm shooting for total comfortable-ness. *nods*

I think I may wear my swim top, as I don't know how comfortable I'd be running around totally naked. lol And know I'm likely to be in and out of shower/tub... that is as far as my thoughts have gotten thus far though... oh! and to tell DH to pack some swim trunks too in case I want him in with me supporting me. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.