What's on your to do / to buy list? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 10-10-2008, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dopey question, but how do you know when your carseat expires? I have my infant seat from DS (it's from May '05). Where is that listed?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 44 Old 10-10-2008, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthmg View Post
Dopey question, but how do you know when your carseat expires? I have my infant seat from DS (it's from May '05). Where is that listed?

Thanks!
I think it is printed on the bottom of the carseat. And I think you'd be OK from '05 -- I think they're good for five years. I don't have one now b/c I used my sister's when dd was a baby and hers has since expired.

Amanda, momma to Caroline (5/31/05) and Mary Elizabeth (1/8/09)
#33 of 44 Old 10-10-2008, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Oh man! I don't even want to think about preparing yet!

We need a new car seat. I have to get the baby boy clothes back from my sis to get them ready.

Pack hospital bags (I usually procrastinate on this one)

Find out where to put baby clothes. We live in a two bedroom house with going on 5 children. Should be fun.

Ugh! I think we will deal with Christmas and birthdays first. Then we will work on getting ready for the little one.
#34 of 44 Old 10-10-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthmg View Post

Thanks!
You can:
* look over the seat to check, some have expiry dates on them
* check Family Safety forum, they'd know
* call the manufacturer. (I tend to opt for that one...)
#35 of 44 Old 10-10-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
Time to make to-do lists for me & the hubster... which he'll just love!
I keep threatening mine with those... indeed
#36 of 44 Old 10-11-2008, 09:28 AM

Yea!! I am finally getting prepared. I went to some yard sales yesterday and SO is going with me to more in a couple hours.
Yesterday I got a car seat for $5 and some blankets for $1. I am supposed to go back to one of the sales for swing.

Comforts of Home Midwifery

#37 of 44 Old 10-11-2008, 09:50 AM

To Do:
Wash baby clothes. I'm not finding out the sex so I'll be washing both boys and girls.
Buy eco friendly diapers. Won't be doing cloth, I'll be having a C/S and won't be able to handle the load(no pun intended)
Keep trying to prepare 13 month old DS for the arrival of the new baby.

To Buy:
Cook and freeze some food
Wash loads of cloths for the family
Clear out a corner of my room to make a dresser more accessible for the baby's clothes.

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
#38 of 44 Old 10-11-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acory23 View Post
AH! You bring up a great point beanbean... I need to get a new vehicle... OMG! HOW AM I GOING TO DO THIS?

I drive a VW Jetta. We have two kids full time and my DSD on weekends. During the week the Jetta wouldnt be a problem but on weekends when we are all most likely to be traveling together, we have a car that holds 5 people and we will have 6 people... two of whom are in car seats! OH NO!

I wonder how much I can get for trade in. Its an '07 but has relatively high mileage. I WANT A VW ROUTAN SO BADLY I CANT STAND IT!!
When I read this I thought about the new Routon commercials with Brooke Shields: Don't have a baby JUST so you can buy a Routon!!!

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#39 of 44 Old 10-11-2008, 06:39 PM

I still need to:

*Wash baby clothes
*Order birth kit online
*Wash carseat cover - it was a handmedown
*Finish renovating our bedroom upstairs (currently there are 4 of us in a 1-bedroom house - 10 yo has his own room, 3 yo sleeps with us in a private "den", and so will babe, until bedroom is done upstairs. Then we will all be up there)
*Get another sling
*Buy some diapers - I have friends with babes months older than this one, so I've been promised all their NB and S size diapers, but babe needs at least a couple brand new diapers I still have lots from my last babe, too.
*Knit, knit, knit and knit some more!
*Feed the freezer - already stocked with apple pies and apple crisps, but I suppose we should have some non-dessert foods, too...

And I think that's about it. Borrowing birthpool from midwife, so no need to order one of those. We have tons of hand-me-down baby clothes. Babe doesn't really need anything other than clothes, carriers, and diapers, so I think those bases are covered.

Molly, mama to my 3 sweet boys.
: : hale:
#40 of 44 Old 10-13-2008, 03:54 AM

I have gotten some good ideas of stuff to do from this thread! Here's my list:

DONE:
1. bought new car seat for DS1 so the babe can use his old one
2. knit a soaker, longies, 2 sweaters, hat for babe
3. got out NB-6 mo. clothes and dipes to take stock of what we still need (we borrowed most of those sizes of clothes from a friend last time)
4. put together all the birth supplies we already have in one spot
5. started Hypnobabies home study course
6. purchased breast pump and some bottles
7. purchased co-sleeper on Craigslist

TO DO:
1. wash babe's clothes and dipes
2. knit more longies, soakers, and hats for babe - a winter babe must have cozy hand-knits to wear, right?
3. finish getting birth supplies
4. stock freezer (I am hoping to have a feed the freezer shower, though)
5. buy and wrap pretty much all of our Christmas presents
6. plan and execute DS1's 2nd birthday party
7. survive the holidays
8. buy a dresser for the boys' room
9. pack a bag in case we have to transfer to the hospital
10. figure out who will watch DS1 during the birth
11. get a big brother gift for DS1
12. finish sewing about 5 pairs of newborn pants that I have all cut out and sitting next to my sewing machine

I'm sure there's stuff I am forgetting too!

Sarah , wife to Tyson :, SAHM to Landon (5), Coleson (3), and new baby boy due any day!

#41 of 44 Old 10-13-2008, 01:44 PM

My DH has been out of town since Thursday on his annual dirt bike trip with the guys which left me alone with DD. Despite DD having a very hard time missing her daddy, I was really productive! We had some drywall repairs done a while back and DH had retextured and painted all the rooms where the work was done except our office. It's been about 4 months now that all the furniture has been shoved into the middle of the room with more cr@p piling up everyday. It's been driving me INSANE! After putting DD to bed at night and during her naps, I managed to paint, clean, and put the office back together. It's sooooo much better. He's going to be so surprised! Yesterday was his birthday so I figure taking something off his honey-do list and taking care of DD all weekend so he could play is gift enough. Yeah me!
#42 of 44 Old 10-13-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acory23 View Post
Oh geeez!!

4. Buy nightgown for myself (*shutters* this has turned out to be a challenge since I am hating the thought of sleeves, sleep shirts, or granny jammies which seem to be all I can find)
!!

Target has nice nursing tanks that you might consider. I got some nursing pj's from Gap that are sleeveless.

Before I can begin the baby stuff, I need to get all of the summer stuff put away of the girls' and get out their winter stuff. Then I can rearrange the baby stuff in our room.

I'm not getting the bassinet ready until December. It just needs to be brought upstairs. I should find the car seat cover, but I have a few months.

I do need to pick out a take home outfit, but I want to wait a bit longer until the stores have their winter outfits out.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#43 of 44 Old 10-14-2008, 01:19 PM

I have a few things to do, but haven't really started on it yet. Most of it is just making things. Need to make a set of small fitted diapers, a couple sleep sacks, and a few other items. We have pretty much everything we need since DS and DD are only going to be 19 months apart. There are some things I'd like to have, but no real necessities.

Mrs.Oz :, wife to Mr. Oz , mother to Boo : 2 years and Sissy 9 months.
: :
#44 of 44 Old 10-14-2008, 03:03 PM

because of this thread, i went and poked around diaperswappers and got some small diaper covers - i have newborn size but DD grew out of those soo fast so this time around I'm planning to have the smalls.

this was the first thing I've bought so far for this baby...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page