Painfully sore pelvis? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 10-22-2008, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My pelvis is so sore!! When I was pg with DS I never had this so this is all new to me.

Anytime I move it hurts. The only time it doesn't is when I am sitting down.

Anyone else going through this or BTDT?

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#2 of 21 Old 10-22-2008, 08:26 PM

girl I am walking like Frankenstein! every time I get up after sitting for a bit, I can't move the way I normally would because I am sore and stiff. It's been rotating from place to place in my pelvis but basically, all of my underparts (haha--how else could I put that?) have been a regular pain for the past week and a half or so. Sitting on the yoga ball helps a bit, just to break the monotony.

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#3 of 21 Old 10-22-2008, 08:41 PM

Ah yes! DS2 was my first vag birth, and I think that has something to so with it. I tell my DH that my crotch and pelvis ache all the time. His suggestions aren't usually helpful.:
#4 of 21 Old 10-22-2008, 09:39 PM

I'm not sure if it's the same thing you guys are talking about, but I have pain/pressure in... well, in my crotch. I don't know how else to put it. It's like to the sides of my labia - it often happens when I first stand up in the morning as I get out of bed. It doesn't feel like a head down there or anything just yet, but definitely like there's some pressure/shifting/weight.
#5 of 21 Old 10-23-2008, 12:34 AM

What causes pelvic arthropathy?

The pelvis is made up of several bones that are jointed in a way that usually does not allow any movement. Under the influence of hormones produced in pregnancy, the cartilage of the joints becomes softer and allows the bones to move. It can occur towards the end of the first trimester or after delivery.

--- I've had several days of this myself off and on. Last weekend was a killer. The hormone referenced above is called Relaxin.

Relaxin: A hormone produced during pregnancy that facilitates the birth process by causing a softening and lengthening of the cervix and the pubic symphysis (the place where the pubic bones come together). Relaxin also inhibits contractions of the uterus and may play a role in timing of delivery. Relaxin works by simultaneously cutting collagen production and increasing collagen breakdown.
#6 of 21 Old 10-23-2008, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter

I knew about relaxin but didn't think it would be causing all of this pain already!! Ouch!

#7 of 21 Old 10-23-2008, 02:36 AM

Totally know it. Live it. Wish it wasn't there.

I really need to get an exercise ball to replace my computer chair, I know from past experience that it helps tremendously. My old one went kaput.

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#8 of 21 Old 10-23-2008, 10:22 AM

I feel like someone took pieces of a pelvis that dont necessarily fit together and stuck some chewing gum in to hold it together then replaced mine while I was asleep. I went to the chiropractor yesterday and within an hour I felt it again. Not to mention, when I stand up from my desk at work I feel like my legs are just going to pop off. My butt feels like I got kicked really hard and my back aches... bleh. (and thats just my bones/joints/ ligaments)

I have TREMENDOUS pressure, usually in the evenings and first thing in the morning, where it feels like... well, for lack of a better way of putting it, if I would stand with my legs apart or squat down, everything would fall out. :
#9 of 21 Old 10-23-2008, 11:37 AM

I have this, too, but it's not 'pain' per say, more like... pressure. Like someone's got each side of my pelvis and is gently pulling it apart.

A birth ball really seems to help... and I had DH basically hold my hips and press them together yesterday and it really felt good, even though he only did it for a minute. good luck!
#10 of 21 Old 10-23-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurelg View Post
I'm not sure if it's the same thing you guys are talking about, but I have pain/pressure in... well, in my crotch. I don't know how else to put it. It's like to the sides of my labia - it often happens when I first stand up in the morning as I get out of bed. It doesn't feel like a head down there or anything just yet, but definitely like there's some pressure/shifting/weight.
Exactly! I finally got a mirror out yesterday to look around (haha) and one side of my labia was actually a little swollen on the side that feels all crazy in the crotch midwife suggested warm bath for soreness, ice pack for swelling. And getting down on all fours to relieve the pressure. at this point if she said to put peanut butter on it I'd try it.

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#11 of 21 Old 10-23-2008, 05:50 PM

Yes! The pain! Sooo not fun when trying to get out of bed in the morning!

Kathy Soup
Loving wife to an amazing SAHD : Mommy to Aviendha 01/19/09
#12 of 21 Old 10-23-2008, 05:57 PM

For me it's my lower back and hips. I always have had minor hip trouble, but the pain in the last month has been different and more intense. It's making me waddle instead of walk, and I can't use my body the way I'm used to. I went to yoga on Monday and I felt much better the last two days, and that seems to help for longer than my chiropractor. So I highly recommend even simple stretching to all you gals.

I should probably be doing something else right now.
#13 of 21 Old 10-23-2008, 06:34 PM

Ironically, I've had chronic sacro-iliac joint pain for as long as I can remember, and it's been MUCH better lately. I think the ligaments have loosened enough that the way the joint has overlapped and caused me pain in the past isn't happening frequently anymore. I would have anticipated the opposite effect, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth!

Thanks, baby! :
#14 of 21 Old 10-23-2008, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomingstar View Post
at this point if she said to put peanut butter on it I'd try it.
:

I hope we all feel better soon

#15 of 21 Old 10-24-2008, 12:53 AM

i hate this part of pregnancy. it definitely came earlier this time around. last time, at the end i couldn't even put my underwear on standing up because i couldn't stand the pain of standing on one leg at a time!! i was hoping to avoid it all togther by being more active this time, but NOPE! it almost feels like someone is constantly pulling on my pubic hair... (tmi? sorry!)
#16 of 21 Old 10-24-2008, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomingstar View Post
Exactly! I finally got a mirror out yesterday to look around (haha) and one side of my labia was actually a little swollen on the side that feels all crazy in the crotch midwife suggested warm bath for soreness, ice pack for swelling. And getting down on all fours to relieve the pressure. at this point if she said to put peanut butter on it I'd try it.
That was what I'm advised too.
at this point if she said to put peanut butter on it I'd try it :
#17 of 21 Old 10-24-2008, 05:36 AM

I am sooo with you. Every time I stand up, I feel like I am going to crack in half right up the middle...starting with my crotch. LOL I am not liking this one bit. I shuffle around the house like the hunchback and this is only month 7. Ugh!

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#18 of 21 Old 10-24-2008, 05:45 AM

Not in your DDC (February) but I have to chime in.

I FEEL your pain! Made the mistake of walking on some very even sidewalks all day a couple weekends ago, and I've been feeling it ever since.

I have had a very slow healing sharp pain in my right hip, and I also felt like someone's kicked me in the crotch. It's been getting better, though. A little tylenol and a lot rest has helped. I've heard warm epsom baths can be nice, too, but have yet to try those.

Now that I've been feeling a little better, I notice my gait is off. I sort of waddle more than I used to.

I guess the one positive thing about it is at least we know our pelvises are widening for our babies' arrival.

Enjoying the adventure of NFL with my partner-in-crime , DD 03.09 , , &
#19 of 21 Old 10-25-2008, 12:54 PM

What some of you may be talking about is actually a condition called SPD, or Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction. I had it with my last pregnancy as well as this one, and it is excruciating. There is a great informative resource here: http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/pubicpain.htm.
#20 of 21 Old 10-25-2008, 09:53 PM

Mine's not too bad, but lifting one foot to put on socks or shoes or pants - or tot ake them off - is pretty bad. I never had this with DD!
#21 of 21 Old 10-29-2008, 09:07 PM

OMG I thought I was the only one! Thanks for the info. I hope we feel better soon!

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page